Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by toyotaboy
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

ScreenHunter_03 Mar. 10 16.39.jpg
    image-110.jpg
    image-204.jpg
    #1 10 years ago

Simpson's 90s Pinball Machine - $500 (Atlanta )

<1 of 4>

1990s model Simpsons Pinball Machine. In great working condition! Please mail me with your phone number at AgnesJaynes(at)gmail.............
    do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers

#2 10 years ago

Is it a scam? I've seen some very similar in Boise the past couple of days.
    boise.craigslist.org link

What's the scam?

#3 10 years ago

These are all over 4 just today in ny state image-110.jpgimage-110.jpgimage-204.jpgimage-204.jpg always at g mail wtf

#4 10 years ago

I saw the three NYC listing when I did a search on North Jersey today. Too good to believe issue got the better of me to make any response.

What exactly happens when a contact (email, text or call) is made to the said seller?

#5 10 years ago

Similar listing today in Portland. Same pics, different email.

portland.craigslist.org link

#6 10 years ago

There's a similar scam on the Madison Craigslist.
    For a Boomerang.
    I fell for it.

#7 10 years ago

What exactly is the scam though since your email address is hidden when sending a reply to an ad? Is it then if you give up your email address or phone # in a message?

#8 10 years ago

I use a garbage yahoo email address when replying to ads or signing up for stuff anyway and not my main address. And my phone # is a Google Voice # too.

#9 10 years ago

Yeah, these scams are all over craigslist now. You can always tell because of the gmail address that's always listed in them.

I'm just curious why they think this kind of marketing is effective. All it does it piss people off, so there is zero percent chance they'll use the site they are promoting.

#10 10 years ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

What exactly is the scam though since your email address is hidden when sending a reply to an ad?

They essentially tell you that they just sold the item, but you can find cool deals on site X. I'm not going to name the site, because I don't want to give them any advertisement.

#11 10 years ago
    Quoted from DeeGor:

They essentially tell you that they just sold the item, but you can find cool deals on site X. I'm not going to name the site, because I don't want to give them any advertisement.

Yep, exact same thing.

#12 10 years ago

500 dollar Bugs Bunny here in Pittsburgh.

Bugs bunny birthday ball pinball machine. The machine is excellent shape. Everything is fully functional. It's a very clean and well cared for machine. Email me at JenniferjNeely@ gmail.............

#13 10 years ago
    Quoted from LEE:

500 dollar Bugs Bunny here in Pittsburgh.
    Bugs Bunny birthday ball pinball machine. The machine is excellent shape. Everything is fully functional. It's a very clean and well cared for machine. Email me at JenniferjNeely@ gmail.............

This one was real, I just bought it. If you want one I know where there are a bunch more for sale cheap. Shoot me an email at [email protected] and I will let you know all the deets.

#14 10 years ago

There was a $500 EATPM on chicago CL a few days ago. These pop up occasionally, and I know they're fake, but I can't NOT email them about it...

chicago.craigslist.org link

#15 10 years ago
    Quoted from DeeGor:

Oh well, then not a big deal. Just don't click on that site.

#16 10 years ago

Here is a Metallica for $600. It's got to be legit.ScreenHunter_03 Mar. 10 16.39.jpgScreenHunter_03 Mar. 10 16.39.jpg

#17 10 years ago

I fell for one from the same email address yesterday for an Elvira and the Party Monsters for $600. They said that it just sold and they bought six of them from a website. Yeah right.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/more-scams-on-craigslist and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.