• 4 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by McPin54
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

• Meteor Stern Electronics, 1979
#1 10 years ago

I have run into a 1979 Stern Meteor that I have added to my collection and it has been sitting in a basement forever. I have clean it up and bought a new MPU Alltek. It looks like I am going to have to replace all of the molex connectors for all boards to make sure I am getting good connections. Can anyone tell me what Molex Series/Connector Housing from Great Plains electronics I need? Also what pins. Any help is much appreciated.

Thank you,

McPin54

#2 10 years ago

Are you talking about MPU connectors, the rectifier board, or the solenoid driver board? Ed at Great Plains should have everything you need; if not try Big Daddy I'd advise dealing with the rectifier board first (replace all three rectifiers, the 4 diodes for the displays, and BOTH the male and female pins/connectors as well. Remove the transformer/rectifier board assembly with the board they are mounted on from the cabinet-makes this work MUCH easier; *oops* almost forgot-mount the new rectifiers on the top side of the board (reverse from the factory mounting) and slightly elevated to allow for airflow-as an option install heatsinks on the solenoid and lamp rectifiers to maximize cooling. Now on the Solenoid driver board replace the C23 cap (controls the +5 volts to the MPU) and the .100 pins/connector on the J3 connector (one on the upper right hand corner of the board-it tends to be a problem child). After you do the work on these boards you should be ready to go with a fully booting MPU (all 7 flashes with a pinging sound for each flash-gotta love those Stern MPUS; your Altek board is a clone of the Stern MPU-200 board). Good luck and have fun!!!
P.S. watch out for the sound board-make sure you have the ribbon cables hooked to the MPU correctly otherwise no sounds! They mount straight on the sound board itself but you must cross the connectors on the MPU side.

#3 10 years ago

the small ones are molex .100" or 2.54mm the bigger ones are molex .156" or 3.96mm

great plains electronics

#4 10 years ago

Thank you chucktee and barakandl! I appreciate all the help!

McPin54

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Boards
Troxel Repair

$ 25.00
Apparel - Men
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 169.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 3.00
Cabinet Parts
20eyes

$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems

$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Kettering, OH
Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 44.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 55.00
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Middletown, OH

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/molex-connectors-for-meteor and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.