SAM_0384.JPG
SAM_0398.JPG
spock.gif
APS_camera.gif
Pinbot-Over-board.jpg
100_1099.JPG
V8.jpg
horses-ass.jpg
There are 182 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
#151 11 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

. you just did something without thinking, probably due to sheer excitement.

His friend was in a rush.......

#152 11 years ago

Too bad you didnt get video of that pin transport.. would have been great footage for Hank to use on his youtube channel.

#153 11 years ago

Just wanted to jump in and call Dung an "ASSHOLE". Everyone, but Dung, have a great day Dung, you should go F*** yourself!

#154 11 years ago

Did I miss something??

spock.gifspock.gif

#155 11 years ago

You need better friends.

#156 11 years ago

I really shouldn't post, cause I'm not in the majority of those who feel sorry for you Rommy. But it's like talking to someone who was in a car accident and had no seatbelt on

I am glad you got everything worked out, and really glad you shared the story and updates so that others can learn from it!

#157 11 years ago

I cried a bit...may every pinsider get a deal this good..and sit in the back with it hugging the steal ...with a Sh17 eatin grin...

#158 11 years ago

Want to apologize for my above comments...was having a bad day. I do still believe sometimes people are a little rude around here, but oh well. "Flip on poeple"

2 weeks later
#159 11 years ago

Im waiting to see this put back together so i can get rid of the bad dreams your pics gave me.

#160 11 years ago

This made me ill when I read it before.

Now, after picking up my HUO LOTR the other day, I really think that I would be causing grievous physical harm to the guy that strapped it... I'm not sure what I would do other than start throwing fists at anything in arm's reach. Talk about seeing red, it'd be like the Eye of Sauron.

1 month later
#161 11 years ago

Around 11pm last night the Chad-mobile pulled into Cave Springs, with Keith in tow. We were ready for them

SAM_0398.JPGSAM_0398.JPG SAM_0384.JPGSAM_0384.JPG

#162 11 years ago

Hurray!!! I've been wondering what happened here.

#163 11 years ago

Congrats on getting it back! Be careful with it (I'm sure you will).

#164 11 years ago

!

smiley-2.gifsmiley-2.gif

#165 11 years ago

Rommy sorry man Ide be Pissed about this and digging a hole for the guy that strapped it down lol.
Reading this story I recall this maybe an insurance issue some policys have cargo insured as well perhaps this might be a good idea to check out they might just cut you a check to replace it with a mint one. at which time you could pay to get this one restored and potentialy have a few extra $$.

But remember this might realy suck now but think off the story you will have with this machine down the road

#166 11 years ago

woohoo, long time a com in, bet your stoked

#167 11 years ago

Hey now, congrats on getting your LOTR back from the hospital. Please posts pics of it setup! I have been following this story from the beginning and actually got a little misty eyed when you posted your story.

#168 11 years ago

Forgot leg bolts...Terry must save the day now! That's right...I have NO extras I need new legs anyways for other machines.

#169 11 years ago

Congrats on getting the LoTR back! I must say that I also wondered what had happened and wanted to thank you for letting us know!

Hooray for everything working out in the end (sans leg bolts! )!

#170 11 years ago

Congrats on getting it back, Rommy!

.... anything funky in those brownies?

#171 11 years ago

Put it on a lift table and rock it JJP style.

Actually, maybe that's a bad idea. CRUNCH.

#172 11 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

rock it JJP style

I like it, and will use this in the future.

#173 11 years ago

Can't put California medicine in Arkansas brownies for Missouri drivers heading to Texas through Oklahoma. The thought had occurred however...

9 months later
#174 10 years ago

bump.

'never forget'

#175 10 years ago

should be able to find a new head from someone. I know people who have empty heads and cabinets around. Just look for a new stern style. I don't think your going to get much sympathy for the incident tho. Nobody should ever haul a game with the legs on regardless. Only takes 5 min to take the legs off and having it folded up strapped down and moved. Easier to load as well. 10 min if your doing it fully by yourself.

#176 10 years ago

Heck, I woulda sent that board back to Stern to have the loose cap re-soldered! Obviously poor workmanship--that slight bump shouldn't have cause it to pop off the board

Cool that you got it all put back together.

1 week later
#177 10 years ago

Oh man, so glad someone bumped this. Rommy, Rommy, Rommy.

#178 10 years ago

I can't tell you how many people pick up stuff that have no idea how to use the straps they bring or even properly secure thier cargo. Hopefully lesson learned on your end, sad to see a nice game that was picked up for a great price has gotten so beat. My condolences.

#179 10 years ago
Quoted from inhomearcades:

I can't tell you how many people pick up stuff that have no idea how to use the straps they bring or even properly secure thier cargo. Hopefully lesson learned on your end, sad to see a nice game that was picked up for a great price has gotten so beat. My condolences.

Thread back from the dead!

In my furniture shop once, years ago, we sold a used piano to some dude.

We lifted it out and put it on his trailer, and left him to tie it on.

About an hour later, some guy came in the shop and said "hey, you didn't sell a piano to someone did you? It's sitting in the middle of Pukekawa Road blocking the traffic ...!"

rd.

#180 10 years ago

Wow, I missed the resurrection last week. It's right behind me, we play it all the time. It's next to the MB Chad did for me.

I can still play back the incident like a slow mo video. The crunch it made when it exploded still rings in my ears. Those machines are TOUGH. The cab and playfield were basically undamaged. Just the backbox was demolished.

Always take the legs off when moving a pin in the back of a pickup, that's the lesson here. Maybe, Don't gloat about a CL steal until you get it home, set up, and playing? Oh...and I wonder what brought this old thread back from the dead? what search parameters bring this thing back.

I have not found any other local deals since this one. No pins have been harmed since I dumped this one in a ditch.

#181 10 years ago

I think there should a Topic called "ThREadS fROm tHe DEad" on Robins site. Make it looks spooky

#182 10 years ago
Quoted from rommy:

Oh...and I wonder what brought this old thread back from the dead? what search parameters bring this thing back.

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/huo-lotr-falls-off-truck-during-transport-link

Can't find the thread, can anyone link me?

HUO LOTR transported in a truck cab with legs on and took a nasty spill...

Trying to find the pics to educate some friends on how to properly transport a pin.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Denver, CO
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

€ 7.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 39.50
10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Deer Park, NY
10,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Juneau, WI
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 12.95
$ 41.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

$ 79.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Pinball Life

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 12.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

9,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Eau Claire, WI
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 18.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 182 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mint-lotr-now-crushedwaaaah/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.