• Latest reply 9 years ago by Hotdoggin
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pinball_features-789.png

#1 10 years ago

Sorry if this has been covered before, but what is the difference between the Metallica versions? Are the premiums the same except for artwork? For example, amazon has a Stern Pinball Metallica Premium Monster Arcade Pinball Machine for $7063.55 with shipping for prime members. They also have a Stern Pinball Metallica Premium Road Case Arcade Pinball Machine for $7495.00. Just curious to the differences. Thanks.

#2 10 years ago

pinball_features-789.pngpinball_features-789.png

#3 10 years ago

those two are the same with different cabinets and translites. The monster premium is the newer "premium 2". I have a road case premium getting customized right now from the Pinball Refinery right now. If you have any questions about what they do and thier pricing, let me know. I think their pricing and modifications available will surprise you.

#4 10 years ago
Quoted from juanton:

Sorry if this has been covered before, but what is the difference between the Metallica versions? Are the premiums the same except for artwork? For example, amazon has a Stern Pinball Metallica Premium Monster Arcade Pinball Machine for $7063.55 with shipping for prime members. They also have a Stern Pinball Metallica Premium Road Case Arcade Pinball Machine for $7495.00. Just curious to the differences. Thanks.

The two premiums are only different in cabinet and translite art. And if you shop around you might find the road case version cheaper than the monster one, it's definitely less popular because the translite is pretty hideous and doesn't get the hand drawn Dirty Donny art. The cabinet is pretty cool though, some people get it and find a way to acquire the other translite.

#5 10 years ago

Thanks guys.

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

The two premiums are only different in cabinet and translite art. And if you shop around you might find the road case version cheaper than the monster one, it's definitely less popular because the translite is pretty hideous and doesn't get the hand drawn Dirty Donny art. The cabinet is pretty cool though, some people get it and find a way to acquire the other translite.

This is exactly what I have done.....I love the road case cabinet with the dirty don monster premium translite! Finally found one yesterday

1 month later
#7 9 years ago

We've been wanting a road case premium (replace translate just as you noted ulmpharmd) - so far though I haven't really come across one for less than near $7k shipped which just seems a bit higher than what I was expecting (including Marco at the TPA 3 weeks ago).

We'll be going to Houston at the end of the month (unfortunately for my wife's leukemia treatment / stem cell transplant consult at MD Anderson) and I'd really like to return home with one - time to see if Joystix has one in stock and the current price.

After playing so many games at the TPA, the only games I would be interested in buying NIB were MM remake and Metallica (the LE at the TPA was really fun to play. felt better than the pro's on display by Marco and in the tournament area, the hammer doesn't bother me anymore).

the MM remake is a bit too much $$$$, Mustang was 'ok" but way too easy / a little bit boring , WoZ is great to look at but I've yet to really get into it , Star Trek doesn't interest my wife in the least and she'll be playing as much as me (it's one of the only things we can do together as she's mostly ill due to chemo, playing a little pinball is perfect) - she's wanted the Metallica Prem road case edition ever since it was announced so it's time we just BUY ONE! (though I too have a 5 - 7 day workup for a pre malignant condition which may be converting to Myeloma, prob spending $$$$ on a pinball machine is the last thing we should put our $$$ into but you only live once right? )

Anyway, if anyone knows of any deals on a Metallica prem road case pls let me know thanks!

#8 9 years ago
Quoted from Hotdoggin:

Anyway, if anyone knows of any deals on a Metallica prem road case pls let me know thanks!

Call JJ @ Game Exchange of Colorado, Melissa @ Cointaker or the Pinball Refinery guys. All excellent to deal with and will get you good prices on the machine you want.

2 weeks later
#9 9 years ago

Thank you Goaler1 ! We are so close to buying - in fact we are in Houston following another week of MD Anderson fun and will try to stop by Joystix on our way home and just maybe we can get a great deal on Met LE , if not time to soon call around and get a Road Case Prem (my wife has to have one or an LE which I'm good with either)

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-question-1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.