Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

photo.jpg
023.jpg
008.jpg
MMinsert2.jpg
th_middle-finger.jpg
English_MoFo.jpg
There are 122 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 13 years ago

I randomly came across this today. Is this legit, or some kind of scam?

http://www.pinball.com/medieval-remake/medieval-remake.htm

#2 13 years ago

They have been saying this for a couple of years now. Dont know if it will ever happen...

#3 13 years ago

That site has been up for 3 or 4 years. They took deposits, and most demanded their deposits back. That re-release will happen when Crocodile Hunter comes out. Which is never.

#4 13 years ago

Even if they did you would never be able to afford one here in the states. Shipping from Australia = 2500.00 + 1 Medieval Madness machine 8500.00 = Not going to happen.

#5 13 years ago

Wow, 3 to 4 years later and they are still taking pre-orders? Anybody who gives that person a $2,500 deposit at this point is clinically insane! Why on Earth is that site still up? Clearly it was just a pipe dream.

#6 13 years ago

I suppose at one point, several years ago, it was legit. But with so many years having the project in limbo, it is most likely a scam now.

#7 13 years ago

Sounds like a government contract to me with all the delays and cost overruns.

#8 13 years ago

10/4 there still hiring supervisory personal to oversee the staff that have been going to build these machines for the past four years…

#9 13 years ago

From what I can tell, he really does INTEND to do it, but god only knows if it will reach the point of production.

-Hans

1 month later
#10 13 years ago

I actually emailed them and the reply I got back was that they are not taking anymore reservations as of now. They are making the machines. Those who made deposit for $5,000 will get them for that. It is costing them $8,000 to make them so they are making extra machines to sell only through their website. $10 - $12k to absorb some of the lost money on the deposited machines. So, they will have some machines to sell. But, that is Steep when you know others got it for $5,000 but, they were first and waited I suppose. I will watch the site as time progresses anyway. Just in case. But, that is the email I got back. Pretty awesome either way though. Good for them.

#11 13 years ago

heres the skinny:

Regarding the Medieval Madness (MM) Remake, as PPS have now had a
discussion with Williams (WEG) on the topic here is some additional
info:
- All parties involved are supportive of the WEG approved MM remake
project and have a desire to see the game completed and the customers
satisfied.
- Mr. Pinball Australia has financial and project responsibility for
the project to completion working with PPS as the WEG licensee. PPS
purchased only the WEG license and spare parts inventory from Mr.
Pinball Australia. The MM remake project including deposits were not
part of the assets transferred. Parts sufficient for the game
production were retained by Mr. Pinball Australia.
- PPS will provide assistance to Mr. Pinball Australia to complete the
project as appropriate. PPS will provide help with the creation of any
additional parts required, as well as PPS will be the interface to WEG
for approvals, etc.
Our hope is for the project to accelerate and complete as soon as
possible..
Planetary Pinball

Wayne just sold his rights for all Williams and Ballys to Planetary Pinball.
Its his responsibility to get them done - but its been over 4 years - I dont see it happening
but, selling the rights is the first positive thing to happen - Now maybe we can get some ramps and plastics and not get raped on prices.

http://www.planetarypinball.com/

#12 13 years ago

Exactly. Reading that two days ago was what made me email Mr. Pinball Australia to begin with. The response came yesterday. They responded exactly what I typed as I had asked if their were any more deposits being taken. He said No... then wrote me another email with what I stated above. I hope it works out for everyone. They stated it is Legit and happening as we type. So, those who risked it upfront will be rewarded is the way it looks. I dunno if I am willing to hold out for a $10- 12 k machine though...

#13 13 years ago
#14 13 years ago

The problem I have is Wayne is still in the equation, I hope it gets done sooner then later but after 4+ years of seeing that website saying MM remakes coming soon etc etc. I'd have to see it to believe it. I wonder if this does come to fruition, what affect it will have on the current market value of older MM's.

#15 13 years ago

"I wonder if this does come to fruition, what affect it will have on the current market value of older MM's."

Supply and demand economics would normally dictate that the value of all MM's will go down since there will simply be more of them available. I'm not sure this will be the case, however, due to how much time has passed since they were originally made, as well as the premium that people will certainly be asking for the new machines. My guess would be that prices for existing MM's will remain stable.

#16 13 years ago

"I wonder if this does come to fruition, what affect it will have on the current market value of older MM's."

I would love to own a MM, this being the #1 game in my wishlist. I have had many brilliant games on MM machines on location (unfortunately no longer the case in the UK) or at various pinball shows. These machines just don't seem to come up for sale very often here as the owners tend to hang on to them. When they do, prices are often over £4000 ($6500).

The great advantage of this hobby is that pinball machines (NIB excepted) now don't really depreciate much in value, so you can normally sell a working machine for roughly for what you paid for it once you get fed up with it. Therefore your hard earned cash is normally easily recovered if you need it. In these days of low interest rates it makes sense to get some enjoyment out of what little spare money you have rather than having it locked away in a savings account probably earning less than 2% yearly interest.

With the recent developments at Planetary Pinball, and the increased possibility of new MM's actually being made, is it worth taking the chance and forking out £4500 for a MM in mint condition now, only to find it only being worth £2000-3000 in a couple of years time?

#17 13 years ago

Outlane - I guess that opportunity is not available as coasterguy pointed out - no new orders will be taken - which means if they do get made those will probably be worth some big bucks for the people that gave their deposits a few years back. Hope it works out for all of them - I sure would like to find somebody with a new one to play once they come out

#18 13 years ago

It is my opinion that the new production machines will not affect the value of the old ones much as the new ones are few and already spoken for. It may actually increase the cost for a time due to the added demand. I wonder how many people will turn around and flip their unopened NIB MM?

#19 13 years ago

"I wonder how many people will turn around and flip their unopened NIB MM?"

Some people will definitely flip them, as there will almost certainly be a large profit to be made. I can easily see them going for $15K and up. Heck, some people payed more than that for a BBB, and it's not even that great of a game.

1 year later
#20 11 years ago

One necromanced thread on the topic; doesn't give the full story though gambit. I will keep searching.

#21 11 years ago

I personally want to see MM NOT get reproduced. All it's gonna do is skyrocket the price of WMS MM's.

#22 11 years ago

You get the idea. Another year gone with not one word of progress, one picture of anything produced or even started, or one shred of hope that this thing ever happens.

#23 11 years ago
Quoted from kwiKimart:

I personally want to see MM NOT get reproduced. All it's gonna do is skyrocket the price of WMS MM's.

What do you care how much a game you have rated at a 2.82 sells for? You clearly don't ever want one.

#24 11 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

You get the idea. Another year gone with not one word of progress, one picture of anything produced or even started, or one shred of hope that this thing ever happens.

Totally agreed. Sounds like even less info was provided and people just became more irritated.

#25 11 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

What do you care how much a game you have rated at a 2.82 sells for? You clearly don't ever want one.

Boosh. How can any pin be rated a 2.82, if you are a pinball fan?

#26 11 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

kwiKimart said:

Zing!

#27 11 years ago
Quoted from PaulyB18:

Boosh. How can any pin be rated a 2.82, if you are a pinball fan?

Sigh.... when I signed up on Pinside, TZ was #1 on Pinside 100, then a few days later, MM was the top spot. When I first played MM, I was very disappointed. It was one of the worst pins I played. Hell, give me SWE1 over MM. I hated it! The callouts are funny, but the shots are repetitive, and the castle is just a giant gimmick. I gave it that harsh review because TZ truly is the better pin over MM. If you don't agree with me, fine, I respect your opinion.

#28 11 years ago

You cannot defend MM at 2.82 when you have AFM at 9.85. They are the two most similar machines in the A-List. I am just busting balls, but it is indefensible, in my opinion.

#29 11 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

You cannot defend MM at 2.82 when you have AFM at 9.85.

MM and AFM are completely different machines. Flow, gameplay, and design are a lot better on AFM. Callouts go to MM.

#30 11 years ago

So not true. Almost the same game. Same shots, configuration, general ruleset (MM is deeper), and central shot setup.

#31 11 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

So not true. Almost the same game. Same shots, configuration, general ruleset (MM is deeper), and central shot setup.

This. I don't think anyone in good faith can rate MM under a 5 unless their issue is with solid states in general. Otherwise, I think it is fair to say they were attempting their hand at rank manipulation; which is fine but this carries back over to why outlyer rankings should be discarded (a topic from another thread).

#32 11 years ago
Quoted from kwiKimart:

gambit3113 said:You cannot defend MM at 2.82 when you have AFM at 9.85.
MM and AFM are completely different machines. Flow, gameplay, and design are a lot better on AFM. Callouts go to MM.

If you prefer TZ to MM thats fine. But sorry you lose all credibility when you rate games like Slugfest, CP (which probably has some of the worst flow ever put into a pinball machine along with POTC) which you also have rated way above MM. Seems your hate for it has effected your rating.

Royal Rumble ...6.12
MM....2.82

Too funny.....& lets not forget TSPP doesnt have the nearly as much flow as MM. Maybe that should be rated 2.35???

#33 11 years ago

I talked with Gene Cunningham from Illinois Pinball (who also holds the other half of the Bally/WMS IP) a few months ago. He also said he was considering re-making MM or CC and wanted to gauge interest. Personally, I don't see it happening from either party.

#34 11 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

central shot setup.

Seriously, MM center shot is slightly to the left, when AFM is straight center. Shots are definitely not the same, I looked at both playfields for 10 minutes and I knew the shots were different.

#35 11 years ago
Quoted from PinballHelp:

I talked with Gene Cunningham from Illinois Pinball (who also holds the other half of the Bally/WMS IP) a few months ago. He also said he was considering re-making MM or CC and wanted to gauge interest. Personally, I don't see it happening from either party.

A limited run (200 machines or so) of either of those games would sell out immediatly if the manufacturer had credibility. I'm guessing the PCB boards and what not would be extremely expensive to produce though so the project is likely non-viable . . . I guess I don't know though as aren't the Preditor's only a 200 machine run or something?

#36 11 years ago
Quoted from kwiKimart:

gambit3113 said:central shot setup.
Seriously, MM center shot is slightly to the left, when AFM is straight center. Shots are definitely not the same, I looked at both playfields for 10 minutes and I knew the shots were different.

Seriously? Come on dude just admit your rating of MM was made only to try n knock it under TZ. We all pretty much can read between the lines.

#37 11 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Seriously? Come on dude just admit your rating of MM was made only to try n knock it under TZ.

Why don't people read the whole thread before they comment?

#38 11 years ago

Exactly TigerLaw...was my point in that other thread. It was done to manipulate the ranking.

#39 11 years ago

I owned both and they sat side-by-side for 2 months before I decided that the shots and gameplay were so spot on to each other, I couldn't justify keeping both. The loops and ramps are the same. Yes, the castle is an inch offset to the left. The Multiball shot it the same. The Merlin saucer and the SOL hole are almost in identical places. The catapult, Merlin targets and troll targets are almost spot on to the Martin targets on AFM. They are so similar that it is silly, honestly.

#40 11 years ago
Quoted from kwiKimart:

smassa said:Seriously? Come on dude just admit your rating of MM was made only to try n knock it under TZ.
Why don't people read the whole thread before they comment?

I read enough dont worry....So if you could pick up a slugfest or a MM for about the same price I guess by your rankings you would go with the Slugfest correct???

#41 11 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

I owned both and they sat side-by-side for 2 months before I decided that the shots and gameplay were so spot on to each other, I couldn't justify keeping both. The loops and ramps are the same. Yes, the castle is an inch offset to the left. The Multiball shot it the same. The Merlin saucer and the SOL hole are almost in identical places. The catapult, Merlin targets and troll targets are almost spot on to the Martin targets on AFM. They are so similar that it is silly, honestly.

Dude your wasting your breath.

TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
#43 11 years ago

Offsides. KwiKimart. 5 yard penalty. Repeat 1st Down.

#44 11 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

5 yard penalty. Repeat 1st Down.

BAHAHAHAHAHA I could cream you in MADDEN 12. Give me the ball and I will rip defenses apart like paper, so don't set up your D.

#45 11 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Offsides. KwiKimart. 5 yard penalty. Repeat 1st Down.

Lol....guess someone missed Nap time today.

#46 11 years ago

C'mon Kwiki...don't you feel better now. I enjoy some of your posts.

#47 11 years ago
Quoted from kwiKimart:

The callouts are funny, but the shots are repetitive, and the castle is just a giant gimmick.

If you only scratch the surface of this game and only fire balls at the castle, ignoring the much deeper rule set and gameplay behind that, yup, it gets repetitive. The castle is a giant gimmick? Sure, one of the best and most interactive, well integrated gimmicks in pinball history. I think what we really need in pinball is a lot more static Walmart toys that we just have to fire tons of balls at until they move or rotate out of the way to expose another shot that has to be hit another dozen times.
Hey wait a minute, I just described about half the Stern titles released in the last decade. Hmmm, I wonder where they got that formula for success from? "It worked for MM and AFM, so let's just make cheaper versions of those games and stick cheap superhero toys on them".
Maybe that's not fair to Stern, but come on, giant gimmick? Try taking an MM castle mechanism apart and then come and talk to me. Forget the trolls, catapult and other features of this game.
Am I the only one who's tired of the "MM is so repetitive and overrated argument"? Id bet the same people who claim to hate this game would be the first to sit here and defend it if they owned one.
Can we move on? I may not like some games, but 2.82
And yah, there are a lot more similarities than differences between AFM and MM. Even the character voices were recycled!

#48 11 years ago

Hate to admit it, but I am one of the people that had a deposit on the MM. It seemed like it was always around the corner. I got tired of the waiting and was frustrated by the lack of substantial updates.

On MM and AFM being close to the same- owning both, yes they are very similar. Both have fan layouts with open playfields. Instead of bank of targets on the left, there is the catapult, and the trolls pop up every so often on MM, whereas AFM is always open. That is about the only difference in flow. Castle is off to the left more and is not straight on like the saucer, a little less SDTM when hitting the big toy.

Obviously theme, callouts, dots, rules, etc..., are different.

I have had numerous people that know nothing about pinball talk about how the layout is similar.

It is perfectly alright not to like a pin for whatever reason. There are pins that I hate because something about it annoys me, even if it is similar to another pin.

Kwikimart- anytime you head north (PAGG. CAX. PPE shows) and want to spend some time on a MM, feel free to stop by. I have lots of free time in the summer, maybe playing my MM might change your mind on it. Don't worry if it doesn't, wouldn't hurt my feelings, got other pins you can play.

#49 11 years ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

I enjoy some of your posts.

Why, thank you. I knew someone had to have my back on this.

#50 11 years ago

I enjoy your posts. I enjoyed your screaming F-bomb above, too. I just don't enjoy your ratings.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
There are 122 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/medieval-madness-re-release and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.