(Topic ID: 11409)

Mark Clayton of Pinball Pal is very sick.

By Mr68

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 97 posts
  • 71 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Rarehero
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

There are 97 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#52 12 years ago

Joe Grenuk started this fund on RGP to help Mark with his mounting expenses in case anyone would like to help with a donation:

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.pinball/browse_thread/thread/260835e639c4788c/4d63e69cb44749c1?hl=en&q=How+'bout+some+help+for+our+Pinball+Pal+Mark+Clayton?+&lnk=ol&

http://rgparchive-removed.com/rgpforum/showthread.php?t=414685

#53 12 years ago

Continuing prayers for his recovery and for strength for his family.

1 month later
#54 11 years ago

Any updates on Mark ?? I placed an order on 5/19 and have not received any updates. I have tried to e-mail and call with no luck.

#55 11 years ago

I have also ordered from Mark in the past, I have an order open with him right now. Best of luck to him and his loved ones.

#56 11 years ago
Quoted from asnatlas:

Any updates on Mark ?? I placed an order on 5/19 and have not received any updates. I have tried to e-mail and call with no luck.

To my knowledge orders are not being filled at this time. I made an order before I knew what had happened and upon notice of refund a note was attached explaining why the order was not filled.

I would say hold off orders until we get something saying he is back up and running it really was just him running the business.

#57 11 years ago

man hope he gets better! i had just bookmarked his site a few days ago, best wishes to him if he sees this.

#58 11 years ago

I had placed my order on 5/19 before knowing Mark was sick. It was not until someone replied in another thread saying he was sick, and I found this in my searching.

I had ordered the Stealth Protector - Everything Cabinet and Playfield Package:

One pair of flipper button cabinet protectors
One set of four cabinet leg protectors
One clear start button protector
One sheet of 26 Stealth playfield protectors

with two Full 8 1/2 by 11 inch sheets of uncut Stealth playfield protector material.

I found PBL has the flipper button cab protectors
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1870&parent=0

Anyone know a good place I can get uncut Mylar in sheets ??

#60 11 years ago

Thanks ralphwiggum

#61 11 years ago

Anyone have 1 of his 3M DMD anti glare guards for sale? PM me.

Thanks.

#62 11 years ago

My last order from Mark was recently refunded as well.

+1 on the anti glare 3M stuff. If anyone knows a source, I would love to get some. Don't really like the other options out there.

#63 11 years ago

Hope your getting better Mark.

#64 11 years ago

Is that stealth playfield removable Mylar sold anywhere but on his site?

#65 11 years ago
Quoted from Pinballerchef:

Is that stealth playfield removable Mylar sold anywhere but on his site?

I believe Mylar and the Vinyl he sells are different from what I am reading.

#66 11 years ago
Quoted from asnatlas:

I believe Mylar and the Vinyl he sells are different from what I am reading.

Mylar is DuPont's trademarked name for it's own original polycarbonate formula. Vinyl is very different from polycarbonate.

#67 11 years ago
Quoted from Drano:

+1 on the anti glare 3M stuff. If anyone knows a source, I would love to get some. Don't really like the other options out there.

Pinball Pal was the only one making these. If you're motivated you can go to an office supply store or on line and buy a computer privacy screen and cut it to fit. Here's a link for an example: http://tinyurl.com/8xgrfby

Remove your DMD and measure it before buying so you get the proper size.

You should be able to make multiple DMD filters out of the screen depending on the size you purchase. I don't know what kind of glue he was using to stick them on the DMD but you could ask around and make your own determination.

Important: The computer privacy screen must be directionaly correct when installed. The way you check is to hold the screen over the DMD and turn it until the glare is reduced. Then cut appropriately.

I think it's good people have choices but am disappointed you don't care for my Glare Guards.

Kim
http://www.WrongCrowdProductions.com/
http://tinyurl.com/7q8q856

#68 11 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I think it's good people have choices but am disappointed you don't care for my Glare Guards.

People are going to start thinking that I'm a shill for you Kim, but.....how can anyone who has tried your glare guards not like them?

#69 11 years ago

Pray Marks getting better.

God Blessings

#70 11 years ago

I had protectors for around the magnets on order with him for an Iron Man. Its needs it.

More importantly-Get well soon.

3 weeks later
#71 11 years ago

Is there an update on Mark?
Anyone know how he is doing and if he is sending orders out again?

Prayers he is doing well and recouping as he should.

#72 11 years ago
Quoted from TavaLee:

I had protectors for around the magnets on order with him for an Iron Man. Its needs it.

More importantly-Get well soon.

I did as well. Marcos has some you can order (not sure if it's exactly the same as what Pinball Pal sold).

1 week later
#73 11 years ago

I just noticed this on his site:

"Due to health issues, Pinball Pal orders have been delayed.

We expect to resume shipping all orders very soon, or if you have placed an order in our on-line store and would prefer a refund, send an email to [email protected] and your order will be canceled and refunded. Please refer to your invoice number if you have any questions about your order(s). We are in catch-up mode with current orders and ask for your patience until we can address the current backlog."

Is this new or has this been there for awhile?

#74 11 years ago
Quoted from charles4400:

I just noticed this on his site:
"Due to health issues, Pinball Pal orders have been delayed.
We expect to resume shipping all orders very soon, or if you have placed an order in our on-line store and would prefer a refund, send an email to [email protected] and your order will be canceled and refunded. Please refer to your invoice number if you have any questions about your order(s). We are in catch-up mode with current orders and ask for your patience until we can address the current backlog."
Is this new or has this been there for awhile?

That's been there for a while now. Last I heard, Mark is on the road to recovery, but it is expected to be a long road. I don't suspect that sight will be up anytime soon. All the best to Mark.

1 year later
#75 9 years ago

Any updates on Mark's recovery?

#76 9 years ago

yes would like to know a s well... Kevin kick in here ok

#77 9 years ago

Yeh, I'm curious too.

#78 9 years ago

Kevin where r u

#79 9 years ago

Yeh I loved his alternative to mylar and have not been able to find a suitable replacement.

If anyone knows what he was using please let me know. I tried vinyl and all kinds of other stuff from Amazon

Wishing Mark the best

#80 9 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Yeh I loved his alternative to mylar and have not been able to find a suitable replacement.

If anyone knows what he was using please let me know. I tried vinyl and all kinds of other stuff from Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/Avery-Self-Adhesive-Laminating-Sheets-73601/dp/B00007E7D2

#81 9 years ago

Good work Santumwear.

Avery Self-Adhesive Laminating Sheets are the same material that Mark used and can be purchased at most any office supply place. What Mark did was brilliant as he made pre-cut shapes ready to peel and install. Not a huge deal but with these you have to cut your own.

Get well Mark.

Kim

#82 9 years ago

I talked to mark last week via text. he's still struggling but is getting better.
note his removable mylar is not like the avery stuff, not even close. Avery is 2 mills, mark's is 4 mills, making mark's way better. and yes, i bought his entire inventory of it. but it's not for sale (he didn't have that much left.)

#83 9 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

What Mark did was brilliant as he made pre-cut shapes ready to peel and install. Not a huge deal but with these you have to cut your own.

I agree, I love them and have a few dozen of the pre-cut start button and flipper button protectors left, but use the Avery sheets for the shooter lane.

#84 9 years ago
Quoted from cfh:

note his removable mylar is not like the avery stuff, not even close. Avery is 2 mills, mark's is 4 mills, making mark's way better. and yes, i bought his entire inventory of it. but it's not for sale (he didn't have that much left.)

How is it way better? Just because its thicker? That's bull. I've used both with identical results.

And Mark didn't manufacture this stuff, he bought it somewhere. That means others could obtain it also if they felt the need.

Kim

#85 9 years ago
Quoted from cfh:

I talked to mark last week via text. he's still struggling but is getting better.
note his removable mylar is not like the avery stuff, not even close. Avery is 2 mills, mark's is 4 mills, making mark's way better.

Mark's mylar was better at ruining my NGG playfield by pulling off the insert art when removed. Removable=will remove THE ARTWORK when removed! Just warning those who may still want to use this stuff.

#86 9 years ago
Quoted from cfh:

Thanks for the update, progress is good to hear!

#87 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Mark's mylar was better at ruining my NGG playfield by pulling off the insert art when removed. Removable=will remove THE ARTWORK when removed! Just warning those who may still want to use this stuff.

Ouch! I know it was advertised as being removable with no problems, but would it have made a difference if you used the freeze spray method as you would with regular mylar?

#88 9 years ago

I've had entire insert artwork lift off even when using freeze spray. It happens because the paint layers have separated from the plastic (or never truly bonded to it as well as to the wood). Whether it's a process issue, long term heat damage, who knows? No kind of mylar with no kind of glue is going to keep that artwork in place. It's going to come up whether you like it or not.

And this is true of pretty much any playfield of any era. I have had it happen to System 11 games and also to an RFM playfield. I came to the conclusion that if a playfield has mylar on it, I'm never taking it off, no matter how bad it looks. It's just too risky.

#89 9 years ago
Quoted from wheels:

Ouch! I know it was advertised as being removable with no problems, but would it have made a difference if you used the freeze spray method as you would with regular mylar?

As soon as I started seeing some art coming off, I tried to freeze the rest off....art still came off. I sorta feel like I would have been better off with regular mylar. The reason I even started to remove the stealth mylar is because it was starting to bubble. Regular mylar wouldn't have done that.

#90 9 years ago

the problem with your NGG wasn't anyone's fault. it was going to come off no matter what you put on or did. i've been using mark's product for years. if the substrate is compromised, then there will be problems. don't blame mark or his product. and freeze spray wouldn't work when used on mark's product. in fact my guess is it would make things worse. mark's mylar is actually not mylar too. i found the original manufacturer. it's rather expensive stuff but it's not mylar it's a vinyl material.

#91 9 years ago
Quoted from cfh:

the problem with your NGG wasn't anyone's fault. it was going to come off no matter what you put on or did. i've been using mark's product for years. if the substrate is compromised, then there will be problems. don't blame mark or his product. and freeze spray wouldn't work when used on mark's product. in fact my guess is it would make things worse. mark's mylar is actually not mylar too. i found the original manufacturer. it's rather expensive stuff but it's not mylar it's a vinyl material.

If i knew that to be the case, I wouldn't have used this "removable" product that was advertised as safely removable. I would have used nothing or "real" mylar. Live and learn...I have a better NGG now, so it's all good. I just want people to be aware of using "removable" mylar, especially on WPC'95 playfields. Removal will likely remove art on the inserts. That warning did not come with the product. Nothing wrong with letting people know.

#92 9 years ago
Quoted from cfh:

i found the original manufacturer. it's rather expensive stuff but it's not mylar it's a vinyl material.

who makes it?

#93 9 years ago

So CFH buys all of the remaining stock and then won't sell it nor will let anyone know where it is manufactured?
Wow.... Just Wow

#94 9 years ago

hope Mark gets better.

meanwhile, here is 8 mil version of the vinyl

http://www.topvinylfilms.com/static-cling-sheet/static-cling-vinyl/

#95 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

If i knew that to be the case, I wouldn't have used this "removable" product that was advertised as safely removable. I would have used nothing or "real" mylar. Live and learn...I have a better NGG now, so it's all good. I just want people to be aware of using "removable" mylar, especially on WPC'95 playfields. Removal will likely remove art on the inserts. That warning did not come with the product. Nothing wrong with letting people know.

Again if the substrate is compromised, then game over. If you put anything down and tried to remove it, you would have had the same problem. It's not mark's fault. That playfield had a manufacturer defect. There's no fixing that. I've removed marks product from tons of playfields. If the substrate is crap, it will pull up clear, ink, etc. There's no way to prevent it other than use nothing.

#96 9 years ago

The Avery Self-Adhesive Laminating Sheets is also vinyl and its not from some secret, expensive manufacturer. (Good grief)

Several years ago I turned two of my operator friends onto this stuff and they've been using it commercially ever since.

Kim

#97 9 years ago
Quoted from cfh:

Again if the substrate is compromised, then game over. If you put anything down and tried to remove it, you would have had the same problem. It's not mark's fault. That playfield had a manufacturer defect. There's no fixing that. I've removed marks product from tons of playfields. If the substrate is crap, it will pull up clear, ink, etc. There's no way to prevent it other than use nothing.

Maybe I wasn't clear. Had I known a removable product could remove the insert art, I would have A.) Done nothing. or B.) Used regular mylar, which wouldn't have bubbled like the Stealth Mylar. I'm not blaming anyone. I'm posing a warning...one that I didn't have the fortune of having.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.95
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 97 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mark-clayton-of-pinball-pal-is-very-sick/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.