POTD.jpg
fellowship.JPG
sauron.jpg
onering.jpg
images.jpeg
LOTRLED.jpg
LOTRlight.jpg
Balrog.JPG
There are 60 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 12 years ago

My first NIB! Woz next, not gonna bite on Tron.......

I need to glue the plastic protector on the Ring back to the brace......screw holes not lined up and never screwed in initially.....any glue suggestions?

Thx

#2 12 years ago

whoops, can't get simple pic to upload? IMG_1354.jpgIMG_1354.jpg IMG_1355.jpgIMG_1355.jpg

#3 12 years ago

Congrats it's a great machine!

#4 12 years ago

Very Nice,I like the gold trim,Have not played one.

#5 12 years ago

Who did you get yours from Nimble? Automated? It's a shame you haven't been able to fire it up yet.....

#6 12 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I need to glue the plastic protector on the Ring back to the brace......screw holes not lined up and never screwed in initially.....any glue suggestions?

Elmer's plastic cement

#7 12 years ago

Someday I'll be saying that...

#8 12 years ago

Thx BD....yes you will Bigbill, it's a thrill!

#9 12 years ago

I wouldn't glue it. Shouldn't Stern send out a new bracket and screws? Sweet pin though...!

#10 12 years ago

Nice Pin!!!

#11 12 years ago

I have been playing it since Thursday iceman! I just couldn't find my molex removal tool on Wednesday night. I fixed the torn wires and replaced the ring magnet fuse (blown first night!!) with the recommended 5A. As well as the 3X pop bumper lights (come on Stern really?) due to vibration. I am still waiting on the shaker as well as the LED's. If you haven't put the path of the dead guides/Arwen protectors- and cliffy's in yet ice- I would do so sooner than later. It really helps speed up play!! Who knew an NIB would be such a PITA! (Come on JJ!)
If you have the 4A fuse still in ice- I would replace it as soon as possible with the 5A and set DTR to one just to be safe. Even though it IS less climactic.

Like I said on that earlier post...
I am going FTB on this thing and since you graciously started a new thread- I will post them when finished. I am hoping TRON will be less tedious.
Oh and yes Automated was the one I went with. The R and L guy was nice enough to help me push it up my steep driveway and into the garage. So as long as they are not operating forklifts they seem to do the job well!
I'm just teasing ice! Off to TABA then to Valinor!
Isn't the two extra clearcoats just stupid fast!?! Great job George! Lovin' that signature!
Gary- can we ditch the whole "Mile-O-Wire" by next year?
It is 2011.
Can we get a "Tree" nervous system out of fiber optics perhaps in time for my Future-Futurama?!
Just sayin'...
Pretty please, with sugar on top..?
Oh and thanks (Gary) for not making a LE manual to go with my LE machine.
Why wouldn't I want to see the schematics for the board that comes on the machine?
Sorry for the rant guys!!!
It has been a 50(fixing)50(playing) kind of relationship with LOTR.
I am more of a 80/20 Pin-head! (Playing/fixing-cleaning)
So it kinda throws me off a bit when a NIB turns out like this...

#12 12 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

It has been a 50(fixing)50(playing) kind of relationship with LOTR.
I am more of a 80/20 Pin-head! (Playing/fixing-cleaning)

Look on the bright side NP, soon it will be a 95(playing)/5(cleaning) ratio. Then all your hard work will pay off.

#13 12 years ago

I know Bigbill! I can't wait till we get to the "nudity" percentage! I hope those LED's keep her nice and cool...
Summer's coming!
(that was a lob BD...)

#14 12 years ago

Allright Nimble, gonna try and follow your lead! Let me know how those LED's look....and I agree 50/50 ain't workin for me either....now I gotta figure out why the ball gets stuck up top in the middle lane of the three, looks like something is sticking up through the rollover wire which doesn't allow the ball to flow through.....unless I Tilt it!.......so I'm done for the night and will attack it in the light of day...

Btw, I ended up using double sided removable clear scotch tape squares on the plastic protector and it works like a charm so far, that's probably something else you'll have to deal with as the ring plastic will pop out......

And yes, the extra clearcoats are great and really makes it unbelievably fast, took me a while to finds the sigs but they look great!

I do have the POTD and Arwen protectors coming but the pinball guy out of Austin said not to put in the Cliffy's, what do you think, everybody on here seems to think it's a good idea....

Well let's hope the WOZ requires less fixes, it's no wonder why retail machines get beat up all to pieces and people get frustrated if you gotta fix these little things all the time.....

#15 12 years ago

I like the way the gold trim looks on that machine. Hate to see a NIB giving you so much trouble. Hopefully after the next fix your frustrations are over and you can just enjoy playing!

#16 12 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

but the pinball guy out of Austin said not to put in the Cliffy's, what do you think, everybody on here seems to think it's a good idea....

I think you just answered your own question...
Gimli VUK will just keep getting trashed on that unprotected edge (especially in multiball situations!) if you don't put a stop to it.
Also get the post protector for the "Ring ramp" the stock one just doesn't cut the mustard. I was expecting to upgrade the flipper coils but they seem fine to me... For NOW.
My ring plastic is screwed in so it is fine. I would shoot an e-mail to Stern to get that taken care of.
They should always use screws. But having a backup ring is always a safe bet...
as well as the collection of fuses, bulbs etc...

NEVER feed LOTR after midnight!

#17 12 years ago

Cliffys on the way...how are they to install for a total idiot like myself?

#18 12 years ago

Well iceman,
I guess it all depends on the idiot.
Are you a...

"Spicy" idiot? (Blatant disregard for all things logical...)

Spicy.jpegSpicy.jpeg

Or a "Mild" idiot? (Lovable and gullible nonetheless...)

Mild.jpegMild.jpeg

Either way there should be steps and photos online...

#19 12 years ago

Hahaha! Maybe a little of both......

#20 12 years ago

All righty everyone!
Now that the Cointaker Supers are here. This will be my Sunday project.
Don't worry about who's missing in the photos either. All will be revealed..! When it is FINISHED.
I have some cooler stuff to finish her off with LATER.
This is just a pre-start sample pic of what to look forward to iceman...
This will be my first total PF LED kit from Cointaker.
I am ready to GO!.. On Sunday...

Stuff.JPGStuff.JPG

#21 12 years ago

Don't mean to hijack the thread but if anyone in SoCal is looking to buy a LOTR LE with less then 80 plays drop me a email. It has full LEDs, factory installed Shaker, plastic protectors for POTD, back box eye flasher kit & I'll include the cliffy protectors that haven't been installed on The playfield yet. It's a beautiful looking pin just wasn't my cup of tea.

#22 12 years ago

Damn Nimble, that's gonna be a beauty.....can't wait to see the outcome! The super led's.....you are gonna make me want those!

GL with sale Smassa, I love the machine and would highly encourage anybody out there to jump on that Smassa deal.....it's already tricked out!

#23 12 years ago

Well my expectations were HIGH on finishing everything today- Alas, I just managed to get the Shaker installed as well as the FULL LED 'super' kit...
After seeing it completed with the FULL kit in a dark room it is really overwhelming on LOTR. Especially with the Fellowship! Ahhh my eyes!
There is the ghosting issue as well in attract mode when the PF wants to 'fade' in and out. I probably will try the ghostbusters next. So I just went back to the standard #555 whites in, instead of the warm super LED's... The colors are very nice though. So mine now consists of 70% LED's and 30% standard bulbs. Be careful iceman it is not a perfect system... If I had to do it again I might of just done a few sections here and there. Maybe 85% standard 15% LED's...
Cointaker did manage to miss a couple of obvious choices with the kit however. (2X Green above POTD.) But I did like the Purple staggered along the top. Who knew!?
I guess that is why people tinker so much with mixing the colors. I still have another day to finish up the goodies that I didn't get to today. Next week for sure! Then FINAL pics to close this thread down with!
Here are some pics before and after...
Enjoy!

Before...(Stock PF)
PreLED.jpgPreLED.jpg

And after! (with 70/30 combo.)

LED.jpgLED.jpg

Oh, and BTW the Shaker ROCKS!!!!
Multiballs/battles will never be the same again!
It actually shakes THROUGH to the backbox! Holy Schnikes!

#24 12 years ago

Looks great! Love the POTD, purple and orange combo...really makes it pop...I think you did a great job of mixing..can't wait to see the final upgrades and pics!

Not the same machine without a shaker...right?

#25 12 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Not the same machine without a shaker...right?

If you had to do only ONE mod for LOTR iceman-
I'd go shaker every time!!!
TRON is definitely getting one- WOZ hopefully will have one standard...
Blah, blah, blah... Sliced Bread!

#26 12 years ago

Hey guys!
I had time to whip up a 'Topper' mod today since it was raining for a little bit.
What do you think..?

Balrog.JPGBalrog.JPG

This was done with the normal Red topper up-lighting with the "L" tray removed and the normal eye flasher mod repurposed (w/Yellow LED bulb) and put behind Balrog's mouth- the photo is with the two of them on at the same time...

LOTRlight.jpgLOTRlight.jpg

I also did the under-cabinet "Mood Lighting" with the splitter.
It looks better in person though...

I am almost done with it...

#28 12 years ago

Very Nice! Keep the mods coming......

#29 12 years ago

Very nice nimblepin. I love LED's.

#30 12 years ago

It has been a long road with this one... (Not really- just being "Fecal-citious" about it.)
Faulty ball locks, wires torn and missing, fuses... Oh wait this is Pinball! Duh, never mind.
I am STILL tinkering with the LED's..! "Dammit Jim!"
I have some Ghostbusters (I ain't 'fraid of no ghost! ) coming soon as well as some of the new "Retro" LED bulbs.
After that the figures will go in and then hopefully- close the hood for a while and just simply enjoy a Gomez classic...
Valinor will be mine! (In about FIVE years... )

I keep my machines COOL.....
Like wesperron!

#31 12 years ago

O.K. I finished the LED's- FINALLY!!!
All that is left is putting the figures in and calling it a F@%!NG day!
So now it is back to 100% LED's...
With a divine mixture of Cointaker Supers, Ghostbusters, Wides, Narrows, frosted, Color Changers, retro's- you name it it's in there!

Let me know what you guys think!
...Again

LOTRLED.jpgLOTRLED.jpg

So there are color changers behind the flippers as well as in the three movie rectangles and in the ORC rollovers; also in the shooter lane- as well as Palantir (orb AND insert) and mode start insert.
I alternated white/blue for the fellowship because it contrasted everything else nicely. It also cut the brightness down so it wouldn't blind you when fully lit.
I especially like the orange under the gold ramps. Yellow was actually "Meh"... Go figure!
I am happy with the way it turned out in the end.
The figures will blend in nicely.
Good luck with yours Iceman!

#32 12 years ago

Looks great NP !!

#33 12 years ago

Yeah that looks awesome. Where did you put the retros at? I've been thinking of getting those for GI from now on to keep that classic kind of look, but wasn't sure how bright they were or how similar they are to just white incandescents. Are they the ones on the right by the shooter lane?

#34 12 years ago
Quoted from PwninShiznat:

Are they the ones on the right by the shooter lane?

No PwninShiznat, I used them under the slingshots and for general ambiance under ramps and clear plastics. See how mellow they are next to the rest... They will be a no brainer for EM's I am sure! I did not get any warm whites though- so I can't vouch for their "authenticity" to clear bulbs. But for colors they look great!

#35 12 years ago

Nimble it looks AMAZING! You know me and LED's. The topper is exceptional. Truly.

#36 12 years ago

Looks great! One of theses days I'll have to give LEDs a try! Was the topper a mod of a balrog votive candle holder?

#37 12 years ago

Very nice. Very nice. brings a tear to my eye.

#38 12 years ago

That topper looks sweet!!!! Awesome looking machine, you did a great job NP

#39 12 years ago
Quoted from VegasAlleycat:

Was the topper a mod of a balrog votive candle holder?

Yes, yes, it was-
until I repurposed it to be AWESOME!!!!!!

#40 12 years ago
Quoted from wesperron:

Very nice. Very nice. brings a tear to my eye.

We can celebrate with some WR's when I get the figures "in-machine" on Sunday!
Get that Pin-Food list ready!

#41 12 years ago

You're a sick twisted perverted person NimblePin ... please never change Sweet machine and mod work.

#42 12 years ago

Wow NP,How do you like that,I just sent you an email asking about how your machine was coming along,then I changed to this channel and got my question answered.Good work!!

#43 12 years ago

I'm telling you v8- my Psychic knows ALL!
(Let's listen in to her next prediction...)

images.jpegimages.jpeg

"I'm tellin' you Patrick... WOZ will be the Shizzle!"

#44 12 years ago

Amazing work Nimble, that's the most beautiful LOTR that I have ever seen.

#45 12 years ago

Machine looks great.

I too...have a boner.

#46 12 years ago

Nimble, yes, it is now much more awesome than a simple votive holder! I just ordered one for my LOTR; can you give out more details on exactly how you completed the mod?

#47 12 years ago

Wow......that is awesome! Love the green and blue contrast, I'm out of town and can't wait to start working on mine when I get back, that's inspiring.....

2 weeks later
#48 12 years ago

I am pretty much done now as of 3AM Pacific time...
I purchased the Mirror Blades but they unfortunately don't fit inside my LOTR. They will be going in TRON (hopefully! )...
As for LOTR-
I put in the one ring shooter- (Thanks Tom!!!)
added a bunch of figures that did not make it onto Stern's original build (Saruman will be the last in.).
Did my own POTD placement above but without the full pinbits cover.

Below are some pics...
Enjoy!!!

onering.jpgonering.jpg sauron.jpgsauron.jpg fellowship.JPGfellowship.JPG IMG_0521.jpgIMG_0521.jpg IMG_0504.JPGIMG_0504.JPG

#49 12 years ago

And some more...

POTD.jpgPOTD.jpg PF.jpgPF.jpg IMG_0498.JPGIMG_0498.JPG IMG_0505.jpgIMG_0505.jpg

#50 12 years ago

Amazing,quite amazing, makes me feel like a lazy pig after looking at my lotr le. Great job nimble, it is awesome

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RGP Models

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 41.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 8.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 7.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 79.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Pinball Life

$ 12.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 39.50
$ 18.95
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 60 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lotr-le-pics and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.