LOTR flipper setting with PBL coils

Started 2 years ago by judremy in forum TechTech: Generic.

Forum » Tech » Tech: Generic » Topic

LOTR flipper setting with PBL coils

Topic summary

• Started 2 years ago by judremy
  • 7 Pinsiders participating in this thread.
  • Latest reply from Atomicboy

Tilts/ ignores / abuse

Sharing and favs

Games linked to topic

Help us build a pinball game knowledge base by linking topics to the games discussed in them!

2 years ago
    #

Wanted to find out the settings being used by others here who have the PBL coils in their LOTR machine. Mine is working fine, but curious what others have their settings at. I will add mine next time I have the machine (probably tonight).

2 years ago
    #

Mine is set on med power..

2 years ago
    #
    pinmike said:

Mine is set on med power..

Ditto.

2 years ago
    #

Not the coil strength. There are settings (I think 53-55 under Standard settings) that will have numbers listed. This is in firmware 10.0 and higher. These three numbers are the ones I am looking for.

2 years ago
    #

I would like to know too

2 years ago
    #

so what are the best settings in the machine for the flippers?

2 years ago
    #

Iq lowered setting 53 to 5 and setting 54 to 40. These are the min and max times for the coils to fire. Defaults are 10 and 50. I left 55 at 7 which is what it has always been at on mine. Anyone have different?

Also, if you do the code of LLLLR (four times) before starting a game, the fire time displays on the screen in the first two settings. When you hit the ball, you can check what it says for the time it fired.

2 years ago
    #

How hard are these to install ? I need more power on the ramps.

2 years ago
    #

Two or three solder points for each coil. Remove coil stop, slip on new coil, solder, replace coil stop.

2 years ago
    #

Pretty sure it's only two solder points..should be reasonably easy.
    http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1112&parent=0

2 years ago
    #
    mandelbloom said:

Pretty sure it's only two solder points..should be reasonably easy.
    http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1112&parent=0

Keep in mind guys if your LOTR is an LE you MUST remove the Diodes off those coils.

2 years ago
    #

Thanks, mine is NOT a LE so I should be ok. I do notice a drop in power after about 10 minutes with the flippers.

2 years ago
    #
    ctozzi said:

Thanks, mine is NOT a LE so I should be ok. I do notice a drop in power after about 10 minutes with the flippers.

Get those new coils put in and you won't have that issue anymore.

Atomicboy

Pinball guru
    5,514,550 2
    2 years ago
    #

Other than blowing mosfets... I just blew the left flipper mosfet in my SAM LE... tested it and confirmed it, but called stern to see if it was likely a 273 was gone behind it. They noted the mosfets blow here and there, and even stated that they may have gone with too powerful coils.

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or sign in if you already have one.

© 2001-2014 Pinside.com All rights reserved. Jump to topRSS feedsHelpContactCookiesDesigned by Keeple