Topic Stats

• 2 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by jar155
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

First technical question about my lotr. Tonight I installed my cliffy protectors on the gimli hole and orthanc hole. After I was done, started the game, and notice two problems. First is about 50% of the time when the ball falls in the Gimli hole, it does not register, and I must wait for the machine to check for balls. The scoop works fine, and I look at the switch while the ball is stuck on there and it looks like its fully depressed. The other 50% of the time, ball falls in and is registered right away and works fine....

Second problem is for some reason when the ball lock is on for the right ramp, the ball is not registered when it comes to the plunger, don't know if that's correct word for this part?. When it gets kicked up the VUK, or comes out of the back ramp, from the ring hole, the ball hits the plunger and the plunger drops allowing the ball to pass down to the flipper. But if the ball is hit up the right ramp, it comes to the plunger and just sits, like the machine doesn't know the ball is there. But when the ball goes up the right ramp, the machine does know it went up the ramp as Aragorn says his phrase. So what is going on that would be causing this? Machine is registering the ball when it goes up the right ramp, VUK, and back ramp. But only gets stuck when it goes up the right ramp. Very strange, and I am at a loss. I am a super noob to pinball machines as far as fixing goes. So please any answer you give, make it simple for me to understand. Thanks in advance for any help you can give!!

#2 11 years ago

The Gimli shot just sounds like a bad switch in the VUK. It's common for those switches to go bad. Maybe it's just in need of adjustment though. Try bending it so that it has more of a hair trigger response, so that you can be sure that the ball is going to completely depress the switch and actuate it. If it's still flaky after that, replace it.

As for your second issue, it sounds like the rollover switch right before the sword lock mechanism is faulty. The switch leading up the ramp is working fine, but one (or more) of your rollover switches has gone bad, which would recognize your locks.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Deer Park, NY
$ 25.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RGP Models

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 79.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Pinball Life

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 41.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

10,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Juneau, WI
Machine - For Sale
Anderson, SC

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lotr-ball-lock-not-registering and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.