(Topic ID: 14205)

Looking at buying a Honda Fit; ease of loading/unloading machines?

By lukerp

12 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by lukerp
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pin-in-car.jpg
    pin-in-car.jpg
    rfm_fit.jpg
    #1 12 years ago

Hey all,

I'm looking at buying a Honda Fit, as the better half tends to do 100+ miles of driving each day. While I've seen in various places people saying that they'll hold more or less any machine out there, I was wondering how easy it is to load/unload them, and also if them being able to hold a machine is contingent upon the seats being pushed all the way forward? Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time.

Luke

#3 12 years ago

Hey,

Thanks Chris, but ironically enough, I was actually the one who started that page because people on RGP were always asking what would fit in what...

If someone lets me know, I'll update that page with the information as well.

Luke

#4 12 years ago

I know 3 fellow pinball enthusiasts that drive a Honda Fit. They love it and say it works well. One of them delivered my LOTR to me in a Fit. Some pins are a tight "fit" but always seems to do the job.

#5 12 years ago

My girlfriend owners a Honda fit, which I drive a lot. The car is amazing and handles exceptionally for a little car. By far one of the best designed cars around. Not sure you could fit a pin, but I will tell you, thhere is not much you cannot fit in them.

#6 12 years ago

I can't say enough good things about my Fit! I've transported dozens of machines in it, and generally get around 40mpg with 95% highway driving. For standard Bally/Williams/Stern machines I do not have to put the driver seat all the way forward, however, transporting a Haunted House made me drive like I was in a clown car though with the seat as far forward as it could go. I've even fit a complete RFM, body and head, in the car by rotating the body sideways! The only machine that wouldn't fit for me is a Bally Strange Science. I had to de-head it.

Loading is not a problem. I use some leftover laminate flooring boards to help slide machines in since there is a bump where the seats fold down. Cardboard will also help, but not as well.

Unloading is slightly difficult since the machine needs to be lifted over the lip of the trunk. I generally can do it myself but sometimes need help depending on the machine. I've been thinking about building a small wooden wedge ramp for the back edge so I can slide the machines out instead of lifting them.

rfm_fit.jpgrfm_fit.jpg

#7 12 years ago

I own an '11 Honda Fit, and have transported a widebody Middle Earth easy peasy. Also transported a White Force, which just barely fit in. The backbox wasn't separated on that one(just folded down), but it did the trick.

I bought a Fit since the seats fold flat. It's a minivan on the inside, compact car on the outside.

There's another picture somewhere on the interwebs of someone hauling an Atari BattleZone cab in a slight diagonal form. The "head" is in the passenger seat.

pin-in-car.jpgpin-in-car.jpg

#8 12 years ago

I own an '11 Honda Fit, and have transported a widebody Middle Earth easy peasy. Also transported a White Force, which just barely fit in. The backbox wasn't separated on that one(just folded down), but it did the trick.

I bought a Fit since the seats fold flat. It's a minivan on the inside, compact car on the outside.

There's another picture somewhere on the interwebs of someone hauling an Atari BattleZone cab in a slight diagonal form. The "head" is in the passenger seat.

pin-in-car.jpgpin-in-car.jpg

#9 12 years ago

Hey,

Thanks all. Feel free to poke fun; waiting for the BMW to sell so I can go buy a Fit...

Luke

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/looking-at-buying-a-honda-fit-ease-of-loadingunloading-machines and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.