Looking at a High Speed today

Started 2 years ago by TheLaw in forum MarketBuying advice.

Forum » Market » Buying advice » Topic

Looking at a High Speed today

Topic summary

• Started 2 years ago by TheLaw
  • 4 Pinsiders participating in this thread.
  • Latest reply from TheLaw

Tilts/ ignores / abuse

Sharing and favs

Games linked to topic

Help us build a pinball game knowledge base by linking topics to the games discussed in them!

2 years, 1 month ago
    #

Any tips or certain things to look out for? Thanks!

2 years, 1 month ago
    #

Make sure the VUK's are stong enough. Check that the motor for the police lamp (topper) works. Also, that top right flipper needs to be strong enough to launch the ball up the ramp. Speaking of ramps - amke sure it's not cracked/broken. ...this in addition to the usual "make sure everything works".

2 years, 1 month ago
    #

Good to know; thanks.

2 years, 1 month ago
    #
    SunKing said:

Make sure the VUK's are stong enough. Check that the motor for the police lamp (topper) works. Also, that top right flipper needs to be strong enough to launch the ball up the ramp. Speaking of ramps - amke sure it's not cracked/broken. ...this in addition to the usual "make sure everything works".

What is VUK's? Yes check all that is mentioned, dont let it be a deal breaker though as those things can be fixed easily with replacement parts. I check the boards for bad hack jobs and battery leakage on the CPU. High Speed I have owned for 4 years now, my ramp is cracked and has be reenforced with fiberglass I bought it like that and has held up, but do need need to get a new one eventually. Post back up if you do get it!

dmacy

Pinball master
    2,228,650 2
    2 years, 1 month ago
    #

VUK= vertical upright kicker

The " 's " is the obvious; there's more than one in the game.

2 years, 1 month ago
    #

Friend did buy it. I was just there to make sure everything was kosher. Nice shape for it's age I guess. I'm really only familiar with later clearcoated games, but from what I've seen the playfield was pretty decent. It still had the original mylar on it, and the cracking other places wasn't tragic or anything. Played it a couple times and everything was real crisp and strong.

Thanks for the help guys.

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or sign in if you already have one.

© 2001-2014 Pinside.com All rights reserved. Jump to topRSS feedsHelpContactCookiesDesigned by Keeple