Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 155 posts
  • 51 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by Nevus
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Texas_Pinball_Festival_030.JPG
    IMAG0995.jpg
    IMAG0973.jpg
    IMAG0165.jpg
    IMAG0229.jpg
    Texas_Pinball_Festival_008.JPG
    Texas_Pinball_Festival_007.JPG
    Texas_Pinball_pt_3_023.JPG
    photo(1).JPG
    IMG_1165.jpg
    IMG_1136.jpg
    IMG_1110.jpg
    P3250038.JPG
    P3250044.JPG
    P3250035.JPG
    P3250031.JPG
    There are 155 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.
    #51 12 years ago

Its fast isnt it?! It shouldnt do that. Must be out of level. The ball normally lands on right flipper out of bumpers. Dont flip. Just bounce pass to left. I never played ball control until I got ACDC. It will make you pay for sloppy shots. SR raised the bar on my game. His attitude voice and personality are in it.

How do u get to underworld?

Gameplay is very similar to Pro. But sound and lights are would of difference I bet. Drop targets make a more satisfying hit.

#52 12 years ago

first time poster.
    went to the convention today.
    had fun. played tons of games. here some pics.

IMG_2576_(Copy).JPGIMG_2576_(Copy).JPG IMG_2598_(Copy).JPGIMG_2598_(Copy).JPG IMG_2613_(Copy).JPGIMG_2613_(Copy).JPG IMG_2656_(Copy).JPGIMG_2656_(Copy).JPG IMG_2643_(Copy).JPGIMG_2643_(Copy).JPG IMG_2639_(Copy).JPGIMG_2639_(Copy).JPG

#53 12 years ago

hey some really nice shots....looks like a pro, thanks

#54 12 years ago

thanks...here's some more.
    i wish i could've played some trasformers/ac/dc..lines were too long at times.
    will definitely go again next year

IMG_2555_(Copy).JPGIMG_2555_(Copy).JPG IMG_2556_(Copy).JPGIMG_2556_(Copy).JPG IMG_2564_(Copy).JPGIMG_2564_(Copy).JPG IMG_2590_(Copy).JPGIMG_2590_(Copy).JPG IMG_2593_(Copy).JPGIMG_2593_(Copy).JPG IMG_2597_(Copy).JPGIMG_2597_(Copy).JPG

#55 12 years ago

Welcome. Like the focus and angles. Start a new thread with them. Add more.

#56 12 years ago

Super pics!!! Keep posting

#57 12 years ago

Thanks for the pics!

My "bucket list" has real Texas BBQ on it. Getting down there for a pin expo might be the kicker.

#58 12 years ago

It's too bad that the TPF is over in Grapevine. The best Texas BBQ on Earth is in South Dallas, in the Bishop Arts District of Oak Cliff. Lockhart Smoke House. The 2nd best is in a shack in Downtown Garland, on the far East side of Dallas County - Meshack's.

Both are too far to be realistic options for a quick meal. If any Pinsiders want the full treatment next year, we can arrange that. Lockhart is about 25 minutes from the Hilton.

#59 12 years ago

The best Texas BBQ on Earth is in South Dallas, in the Bishop Arts District of Oak Cliff. Lockhart Smoke House. The 2nd best is in a shack in Downtown Garland, on the far East side of Dallas County - Meshack's.

homerdrool21.jpghomerdrool21.jpg

#60 12 years ago

Gambit I respectfully disagree.

Best Texas bbq is in lexington at snows or at coopers in llano.

Salt lick rounds out the top 3

#61 12 years ago

I met Black Rose, shared a few games on BIBLE. I also shared some moonshine with Steve Ritchie, good times ! The LE rocks the shiznit. The black and chrome package as well as the cab art and backglass are stunning in person. Not just saying because I ordered that, but it's sweet.

#62 12 years ago
    Quoted from mnpinball:

The LE rocks the shiznit.

When are they shipping ?

Jim

#63 12 years ago

Loving AC/dc.

Pros - flow but still some resting points, music, large variety of shots, devil sound clips, a lot of toys laid out well.

Cons - hitting the bell leads to sdtm about half the time, tnt drop shots lead to drain on left side and out of 6 games we saw some sticking on the cannon and delay with firing. Anyone else experience this? We thought it was messed up but started working fine again after 3-4 bad ones. Very wiered but worked fine there out.

Overall - I know I'm probably an outsider on this but I kind of had more fun on TFLE. Still, AC/dc is a must play. Just not sure if the extras are worth the extra cash over a pro.

#64 12 years ago

I was at the festival this year. If anyone got a chance to play mm with the color dmd, what did you think about it? I don't see how you could ever go back after playing with that. I hope they come out with one for some of the older games like tz, Creech and taf

#65 12 years ago
    Quoted from McCune:

mnpinball said:The LE rocks the shiznit.
    When are they shipping ?
    Jim

About 2 weeks they start to ship they were saying.

If anyone is curious, the serial numbers on BIBLE were #2 and 3.

There was a Premium in Marcos booth for sale according to them serial #1 for sale $7495. It sold on the floor !! Didn't know premiums were numbered as there was no plaque but it must have been the first one off the line I guess. Alot of extra dough for a number !?!?

#66 12 years ago

Thanks for posting all the pictures. Sure would be fun to go one year

#67 12 years ago
    Quoted from Capper96:

I was at the festival this year. If anyone got a chance to play mm with the color dmd, what did you think about it? I don't see how you could ever go back after playing with that. I hope they come out with one for some of the older games like tz, Creech and taf

I played a couple games with my wife on it, we both thought it was amazing! It would be tough to play a machine with it and own the same title without it.

#68 12 years ago

AC/DC was awesome and that tourney screen was awesome. I thought the lower playfield looked stupid at first since there are no targets or holes to shoot at like Haunted House or Black Hole. Just trying to make loops looked boring but when I played it I found the loops to be challenging and fun. Great flow, cannon worked flawlessly for me, fantastic lighting and great sound but I dunno anything about the rules. I was just shooting whatever was lit. I only got to play it once because there was always a line but I'd love to play it again!

#69 12 years ago

Thanks B_R!

I'm currently having a beer at Lanes & Games in Cambridge, MA. They have a pro model and are getting the LE in a month or so. Really liking the game so far... Though I did really badly.

Great vids and pics!

#70 12 years ago

Just got Home ,, American Air Lines Did me Just Fine , I have some Pict's again and a few Video's down-Loading.. 1 video is of G.Gomez play-n AC/DC ... More info Later.. What a Great Show !!
    Brought me a Souvenir Home also , A 2012 Texas Pinball Festival Card-board Poster, I didn't stay around to see if they Missed it or Not !! After i get settled in a bit , I wanna Talk Here some about what SR told me to do to my Premium, and also Gomez told me some info about ( Possibly doing another Up-Date to BDK ) I mentioned to him that there isn't a BDK in the show . More later !! B_R

Texas_Pinball_pt_3_004.JPGTexas_Pinball_pt_3_004.JPG Texas_Pinball_pt_3_005.JPGTexas_Pinball_pt_3_005.JPG Texas_Pinball_pt_3_013.JPGTexas_Pinball_pt_3_013.JPG Texas_Pinball_pt_3_019.JPGTexas_Pinball_pt_3_019.JPG Texas_Pinball_pt_3_015.JPGTexas_Pinball_pt_3_015.JPG Texas_Pinball_pt_3_026.JPGTexas_Pinball_pt_3_026.JPG

#71 12 years ago

A few More ,, and You are 100% Correct Winball_Pizard , AC/DC is Awesome !!! I can't Wait for mine.. Chris told me Last-nite to send him the 2nd 1/2 of my Payment ( ASAP ) Like 2-morrow !!

Didn't take 2-many Pict's but I have 5 more Video's... I'll Post it All here..

Texas_Pinball_Festival_017.JPGTexas_Pinball_Festival_017.JPG Texas_Pinball_Festival_022.JPGTexas_Pinball_Festival_022.JPG Texas_Pinball_pt_3_001.JPGTexas_Pinball_pt_3_001.JPG Texas_Pinball_pt_3_027.JPGTexas_Pinball_pt_3_027.JPG

#72 12 years ago

I have a LtbR Le on order, can't wait to get it. You say it is awsome, that is great!!!
    But the next hammer, possible BDK update?
    Next to my SM, I have a BDK at home and it is a keeper for me, also the software could use one more update to make it perfect. But I never thought that would happen.
    That would be birthday and xmas together for me.

#73 12 years ago

Here's Gomez play-n some Back in Black Pinball !!

#74 12 years ago

They opened the tourney area after you left so I got some plays on the le and bible.

Good to meet B_R, Winball and Vett this weekend.

See ya next year

#75 12 years ago
    Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

Here's Gomez play-n some Pinball !!

Incredible. Playing right next to Gomez with SR watching. On the new AC/DC. Are you in heaven man?

#76 12 years ago
    Quoted from rommy:

BLACK_ROSE said:Here's Gomez play-n some Pinball !!
    Incredible. Playing right next to Gomez with SR watching. On the new AC/DC. Are you in heaven man?

That was a Cool Sat-nite !! Gomez is an Great Guy w/ an Awesome Personality. A legend in Pinball 4-sure . I mentioned ALOT of BDK owner's from Pinside.com are wondering if BDK 's Software will ever be Up-dated again , his Exact word's were " Possibly " that's All he said..

Now to SR about AC/DC , He was Play-n AC/DC and HE Would drain down the middle with a weak shot to the bell, I told him I have a Prem- on Order, He said for me to take the Post on the Rt- off the ramp @ the Bell out & Replace it w/ a Post that will allow for a Thick Sleve.. ( That WILL work ) The ball will bump it and head for the Rt-Flipper.. I had so much FUN and Saw ALOT of Pinsider's
    ( They All Knew I was Black_Rose ) I said the 1 & Only .. I Had a Blast. I installed Led's in 2 Pin's for CoinTaker , Shrek & TSPP . I didn't go by CT's Led chart , I did my Own Creation,, lOOK'd Good too. CT called me @ 5p today ,4p in Texas and said Shrek got a 3rd place Award in the DMD division as Well as the IM that was in the CoinTaker Booth . OOoo Yea !!!

#77 12 years ago
    Quoted from way2wyrd:

They opened the tourney area after you left so I got some plays on the le and bible.
    Good to meet B_R, Winball and Vett this weekend.
    See ya next year

I Hope to be there !!! Great meet-n All you Guy's Tooo...

#78 12 years ago
    Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

CT called me @ 5p today ,4p in Texas and said Shrek got a 3rd place Award in the DMD division as Well as the IM that was in the CoinTaker Booth as well.. OOoo Yea !!!

That IM was amazing looking! I must have played it 20 times over the last 3 days - you're a true artist!

#79 12 years ago
    Quoted from txstargazer3:

BLACK_ROSE said:CT called me @ 5p today ,4p in Texas and said Shrek got a 3rd place Award in the DMD division as Well as the IM that was in the CoinTaker Booth as well.. OOoo Yea !!!
    That IM was amazing looking! I must have played it 20 times over the last 3 days - you're a true artist!

Thanxx Bro !! Did you introduce Yrself to me ? I wrote alot of Pinsiders Stage names down , I'll get that memo out after i up Load the 13 min- Video In a bit .. CoinTaker Rule's !!! I Love Led's !!! The IM took 2nd and Tron got 1st place...

#80 12 years ago
    Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

Shrek got a 3rd place Award in the DMD division

Sweeeet. Was there other custom stuff done to the Shrek? pics man

#81 12 years ago
    Quoted from rommy:

BLACK_ROSE said:Shrek got a 3rd place Award in the DMD division
    Sweeeet. Was there other custom stuff done to the Shrek? pics man

I 4-Got to take Pict's of Shrek,, But Here's a Video I took , a Lil- Walk around.. I started the Video w/ the BadAZZ Tron.. Shrek might be in the Vid--

#82 12 years ago
    Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

Thanxx Bro !! Did you introduce Yrself to me ?

I kept an eye out for you, but kept missing you. I had a couple of good conversations with Jersey Jack and went to his presentation. Got a peek at some of the playfield artwork there as he played with the zoom on his slides - very impressive. He won my wife over and so I'm ordering the basic pin with shaker tomorrow!

#83 12 years ago

Get you some Ruby Slipper's for a Topper.. I'm Sure WOZ is Gonna be a Blast as well..

#84 12 years ago

First of, thanks for taking the time to report and film.

Lots of questions! What was your high score on ACDC? How are sales at Stern? Next Stern Pin? How many pins were there? Did they have an ACDC Pro there?

#86 12 years ago

Nice meeting you BR... I was hanging out and I heard someone else go, "Hey, you're Black Rose on pinside - I recognize you from your picture.." so I went and introduced myself as well.

I also have some video and pictures from the show. I took my new iPad around and got close-up pics of all the playfields and backboxes for most of the machines there. I also videotaped JJP's whole talk, and I got an interview with the P-ROC people I'll be posting soon.. it's being uploaded to YT right now.

#87 12 years ago

All you PinHead's are Super Cool in my Book.. I Wish we could ALL get 2-gether like this More often without the Huge Expense of Fly-n & etc... Here's a Video I shot on Sat-nite , The CoinTaker's , Raddroxx an B_R , we Trotted across the street to the Rib Shack to get our Gut Full. Tequilla ,Beer , Rib's, Mushroom's and Ribeye's !! Ummm Good.. On the way back we hit the Festival again , that's when we meet up with SR & Gomez...

#88 12 years ago

I wrote alot of Pinsiders Stage names down , I'll get that memo out after i up Load the 13 min

Next year we should have some sort or Pinside meetup. Even if it's just a designated time to get together somewhere at the hotel so we can put a face with the Pinside name. By the way I had a blast. Playing all the titles you might never get to play and meeting and getting pics made with some of the pinball greats. Loved it!

P3240021.JPGP3240021.JPG P3240019.JPGP3240019.JPG P3240014.JPGP3240014.JPG

#89 12 years ago

I've never met met you B_ R, but let me say, you rock!!!. Looks like you had a great weekend and its fun watching the posts and videos.

#90 12 years ago

Here are a few pics of the game area.

P3250029.JPGP3250029.JPG P3250031.JPGP3250031.JPG P3250035.JPGP3250035.JPG

#91 12 years ago

Couple more...

P3250044.JPGP3250044.JPG P3250038.JPGP3250038.JPG

#92 12 years ago

Looks and sounds like it was a Fantastic show

#93 12 years ago
    Quoted from Av8:

I would start the Game in " Hell ain't a Bad place to be " Pull the Plunger , Ball get's caught in the Upper Hole as Usual, Then Lower Hell Kick's in ,, Did it 4-me Everytyme.. Also " Hell's Bells" is the Same.. But during the game the U-World start's again.. I got Probably 15 play's on The Prem- ,, 5 on the BiBLE , and 2 on LTBRLE , there Wasn't a Pro in the Building that I saw.. Don't know Why

#94 12 years ago

Just got home and unloaded machines. Was kewl meeting and hanging out with you BR. Your good people. Had a blast at the BBQ joint with you and Cointaker Chris and Melissa. My abs are still sore from all the laughter we had that night. Give me my okra. And that ain't a 3 knuckle tequila. Also, someone made an offer I couldn't refuse for my pimped out Ironman, so it has a new home. Till we meet again, take care and watch out for those Amazon women.

#95 12 years ago
    Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

Av8 said:

I would start the Game in " Hell ain't a Bad place to be " Pull the Plunger , Ball get's caught in the Upper Hole as Usual, Then Lower Hell Kick's in ,, Did it 4-me Everytyme.. Also " Hell's Bells" is the Same.. But during the game the U-World start's again.. I got Probably 15 play's on The Prem- ,, 5 on the BiBLE , and 2 on LTBRLE , there Wasn't a Pro in the Building that I saw.. Don't know Why

Interesting!

My theory on no Pro is that the Pro plays better because the drop targets deaden the ball and slow it down but perhaps better keep that a secret

#96 12 years ago
    Quoted from Av8:

First of, thanks for taking the time to report and film.
    Lots of questions! What was your high score on ACDC?

As a Newbie on the Pin, My Highest Score on the Premium wasn't over 15 mil.. I'll improve in Tyme

#97 12 years ago

Nice to meet you BR. *I recognized him with out the viking helmet.
    And always good to bump into raddroxx at this show. Texas people rock and this show is worth the journey for me.

Clint, gambit3113. What happen to you? I'm sorry we missed on another.

#98 12 years ago

New guy here...

Anyways nice to meet you finally BR and the show was fun. Half the time I spent looking for a line to get in and the other half I spent standing in line... My highest on ACDC was 39mil, but not good enough for the tournament which sucked, but whatever.

#99 12 years ago

Tough weekend. I ended up with some kind of awful stomach bug or food poisoning, and vomited violently all night Thursday and Friday morning. Poor Brian Saunders came to deliver my TRON LE and BDK and pick up AFM and LOTR that morning, after driving all night from Illinois to Dallas, and there I was feeling puny and awful. He had to do 80% of the work, and I just left them stood up and wrapped until Saturday morning.

I made it to the show on Saturday for the Jersey Jack talk and about 30 minutes of walk around. I met B_R, just because I went over to buy the Super LED kits for TRON and BDK. I looked around for anyone else, but was too sick and weak still to be of any use. Played one game of AC/DC BIBLE and went home.

Got out Sunday and had a chance to play some games and meet some people. Kept my eye out for you, Kim, but didn't come across you at any point.

#100 12 years ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

Nice to meet you BR. *I recognized him with out the viking helmet.
    And always good to bump into raddroxx at this show. Texas people rock and this show is worth the journey for me.

As always, a pleasure getting to chat with you Mr68.

There are 155 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/live-from-texas-acdc-by-b_r/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.