Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 13 years ago by JoachimR
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 13 years ago

Can someone please explain the LW3 skill shot to me? Everytime I think I have it figured out, it says "whooops!". When I don't try at all I seem to hit it. Is this skill shot just luck? Does the screen have anything to do with it? Can I vary the power?

#2 13 years ago

Also, it seems to go straight down the middle about a third of the time, right off the skillshot, no flipper action at all. I looked through the manual and all the adjustments and can't seem to find a ball save setting. If no points are made or a certain amount of time hasn't passed then the ball should be saved. I have this feature on Breakshot but can't find it on LW3.

#3 13 years ago

Not sure about the skill shot, I didn't have the machine very long and I never really tried to get it down.

DE calls the ball saver "Freeze". Look for that in the adjustments menu. However, I'm not sure how good LW3's ball saver works. DE Star Wars has a ball saver, but it only kicks in if no points are scored at all. In SW, almost any ball launched from the shooter lane goes through R2-D2, which scores points. So the ball can launch, go through R2-D2, then go straight down the middle and you won't get a ball save. About the only way to see the ball save work in DE SW is to have the glass off, launch the ball, catch it, then drop it down the middle. In that case, the saver will kick in and launch another ball. And that is about the only way you'll ever see it.

The reason I bothered to detail all of that is because if LW3's ball saver works the same way, you'll probably never see it kick in because any shot you launch hits the stand up targets and scores points.

DE should have had their ball saver work off a timer like most games. Then it would have at least been worthwhile.

2 months later
#4 13 years ago

If you didn't figure it out yourself by now :
To get the skillshot you must hit the lighted moving bullet in front of the 4 targets.
The ball saver turns off after you hit 3 targets.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 85.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

3,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rochester, MN
$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

3,800 (OBO)
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 28.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

4,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lethal-weapon-3-skill-shot-luck-shot and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.