LEDs on Getaway

Started 2 years ago by Twitch_Boy in forum All PinballAll modding!.

Forum » All Pinball » All modding! » Topic

LEDs on Getaway

Topic summary

• Started 2 years ago by Twitch_Boy
  • 14 Pinsiders participating in this thread.
  • Latest reply from Twitch_Boy

Tilts/ ignores / abuse

Sharing and favs

Games linked to topic

Help us build a pinball game knowledge base by linking topics to the games discussed in them!

2 years, 3 months ago
    #

Anyone done LEDs on Getaway?

Probably start with CT supers, but might do some color tweaks to GI/flashers to add some extra color to the PF. What would look good?

Also, what looks good in the backbox? SC did a couple like the headlights of the car, but what would really bring out that blue background? I love that shade of blue and want it to jump out some.

2 years, 3 months ago
    #

Put blue behind the headlights in the backbox, then I like CT Double LED cool white for the GI. Try some ultra RED and Blue in the back corners to add some accent.

2 years, 3 months ago
    #

I had some big-time ghosting in a lot of the playfield insert LEDS on my Getaway. I bought some no-ghost LEDs from Pinball Life to remedy the problem.

Cointaker will hopefully have their no-ghost LEDs out in January.

2 years, 3 months ago
    #
    Rum-Z said:

Cointaker will hopefully have their no-ghost LEDs out in January.

Man I sure hope so. They need to make GB supers and frosted.

I personally liked CW behind the blue in the BG and WW behind the car. The inserts had major ghosting which is why I never LEDd them. As for the GI, I liked it with normal 47s. Green under the trees was too green and looked like crap.

2 years, 3 months ago
    #

I started with the standard kit from Cointaker, then added some super GIs in the darker areas, and added the super 89 flashers. I was very pleased with the results. Here is a video of it in action.
    » YouTube video

And as always, don't worry too much about that weird thing on the wall.

2 years, 3 months ago
    #

While i was typing and Digg-n , You beat me to the Punch S.t..

I Led'd this Getaway March of 2010 , Sold it a Month Later to Beaver , Then he sold HS2 ( well, All his Pin's ) to Turner in Asheville , NC , then Turner sold it To Wolfy , then I bought it back almost a Yr after I sold it. The Led's I installed were replaced with Lesser Quality 1's as All the Diff- hand's touched the pin.. It came back with Error's etc.. .. I meet Shanetastic on C.List and Traded HS2 for a Beautiful Marilyn Taxi.. ( Most of my Pinhead friend's I've meet through C.list or the Forum's ) In the Video above is what S.tastic did to HS2 .. I Dig the Police Flasher'S... I've Never seen HS2 Played to this Extreme ... S.T later sold it to a member Here , I Ship'd it for Him.. 4-Give me, I 4-get who bought it.. Sorry !!!

2 years, 3 months ago
    #

Still mine. Still bangin' away on it in my basement. (And yes, I fixed the coin door light )

2 years, 3 months ago
    #

Great info guys. I was just about to start the same thread. I bought Waldo's Getaway a few weeks ago. The playfield looks pretty dark to me and I think this is one machine that can REALLY benefit from led's.

2 years, 3 months ago
    #
    Leeb18509 said:

Still mine. Still bangin' away on it in my basement. (And yes, I fixed the coin door light )

Oh yeah! Glad you fixed the coin door light!

2 years, 3 months ago
    #

It did require the full level of my expertise. And many alchoholic beverages to drum up the courage.

2 years, 3 months ago
    #

Thanks for the advice. Looks like the cool whites will do great for when I'm in doubt. Those look really neat.

Didn't know about the insert ghosting issues with the supers. I have them in my BK2K and don't have any issues. Is that a Getaway thing? Might have to pull some from BK2K and investigate.

2 years, 3 months ago
    #

My Addams and Corvette ghost like crazy too.

2 years, 3 months ago
    #

I've Led'd Alot of Pin's ,,, Some Ghost , while Other's Don't ... Weird . Chris told me the reason , but Right now I can't seem to rem-.... Where you would use Super's , Try some Frosted's / color Matched of course.. My AFM hardly Ghost's @ All..

dung

Pinball addict
    1,382,100 2
    2 years, 3 months ago
    #

If the game ghosts, you might look at getting patched roms.

Later WPC titles have code built into them that helps with ghosting. I honestly do not know why since they were made long before LEDs, but the code can be patched into older games. It is kind of a no no as far as Williams is concerned which stems from the home roms getting coins added back in, but that is a story in and of itself.

2 years, 3 months ago
    #

Love the police flashers. Was it hard to wire them in?

Forgive me if this is rude but anyone mind advising what one in that shape generally trades hands for? HS2 is on my wishlist and that is the condition I want

2 years, 3 months ago
    #
    85vett said:

I found the flashers here:
    http://www.easy-motorcycle.com/led-plice-strobe-light-c-4.html?zenid=gntfpijtmj53r2ntej36it5oj1

They ship directly from China, so expect about 2 weeks for delivery. You can find them on eBay from time to time also.

Make the connection from the control box to the white/red wires that go to the mars lamp. I spliced in just before the plug going to the mars lamp. One side of the plug is triangle shaped, the other is squared off. Connect the black wire from the control box to the wire on the squared off side of the plug, and the red one to the wire on the triangle shaped side.

The control box will have 3 flash style settings. The issue is that when the mars lamp goes off and power is removed from the box, it forgets the last setting. I just tie wrapped down the button corresponding to the style I wanted. It worked fine this way.

Note: We found that this will not work on HS1. The mars lamp is higher voltage, and the led control box till fry instantly. BR knows this all too well

2 years, 3 months ago
    #
    BLACK_ROSE said:

I Led'd this Getaway March of 2010 , Sold it a Month Later to Beaver , Then he sold HS2 ( well, All his Pin's ) to Turner in Asheville , NC , then Turner sold it To Wolfy , then I bought it back almost a Yr after I sold it. The Led's I installed were replaced with Lesser Quality 1's as All the Diff- hand's touched the pin.. It came back with Error's etc.. .. I meet Shanetastic on C.List and Traded HS2 for a Beautiful Marilyn Taxi.. ( Most of my Pinhead friend's I've meet through C.list or the Forum's ) In the Video below it what S.tastic did to HS2 .. I Dig the Police Flasher'S... I've Never seen HS2 Played to this Extreme ... S.T later sold it to a member Here , I Ship'd it for Him.. 4-Give me, I 4-get who bought it.. Sorry !!!

That Getaway is a slut. Can I get it next? Haha.

dmacy

Pinball master
    2,229,650 2
    2 years, 3 months ago
    #

I went with the Cointakers full kit and the results were night and day. Eventually I have some tweaks but LEDs on HS2 is well needed. I get ghosting as well btw...

2 years, 3 months ago
    #

I have no-ghost roms in my FT, BSD, and Shadow. I don't use very many LED's though, I just like them in a few spots here and there. I do FULL backbox with LED's though...

2 years, 3 months ago
    #
    dmacy said:

I went with the Cointakers full kit and the results were night and day. Eventually I have some tweaks but LEDs on HS2 is well needed. I get ghosting as well btw...

Same here, but the ghosting was not bad. FT and TZ (before I got the home ROM) were much worse. I can't believe how much better HS2 looks with LEDs!

2 years, 3 months ago
    #
    Rascal_H said:

That Getaway is a slut. Can I get it next? Haha.

I have Alot of Pin's that Are Slut's.. I had a Baywatch that went thru 7 owner's and it came back to me.. TechnoBarn actually installed a New DMD in it before i got it back..

shanetastic said:

85vett said:

I found the flashers here:
    http://www.easy-motorcycle.com/led-plice-strobe-light-c-4.html?zenid=gntfpijtmj53r2ntej36it5oj1

They ship directly from China, so expect about 2 weeks for delivery. You can find them on eBay from time to time also.

I Still have another Set still in the Bag . Might Use them 1 day if i get another HS2 ..

2 years, 3 months ago
    #
    Leeb18509 said:

Attachments 007_(2).JPG (929.1 KB, 0 downloads) 7 hours old

There you Chimed in Leeb18509 . Now you Know ( Almost ) the Full History of Yr HS2.. What i Left out was that my Pin Tech Jack , Bought HS2 at the W.Salem Auction , in 09 , It Hung around the back of his Shop for 1/2 a year until he Shop'd it out.. Then I bought it Right after he Finished, and he didn't Give me any Slack either.. Alot of PinHead's have enjoyed it and I'm Glad that you still are. B_R

2 years, 3 months ago
    #

Started out with the supers. Ghosting wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Only really noticeable during video mode when the PF turns off, and at the Supercharger/Redline Mania lamps. Have to get some camera pics - iPhone didn't really do it justice.

Might switch out the cools on the tach for no-ghost warms - holy carp are those bright. Might swap in some 89 blues to get a red/blue alternating thing going, and a couple more red supers for GI.

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or sign in if you already have one.

© 2001-2014 Pinside.com All rights reserved. Jump to topRSS feedsHelpContactCookiesDesigned by Keeple