LED'd my Demo Man GI, B_R inspired!

Started 1 year ago by FlipperMagician in forum All PinballAll Pinball.

Forum » All Pinball » Topic

LED'd my Demo Man GI, B_R inspired!

Topic summary

• Started 1 year ago by FlipperMagician
  • 10 Pinsiders participating in this thread.
  • Latest reply from Ballsofsteel

Tilts/ ignores / abuse

Sharing and favs

Games linked to topic

Help us build a pinball game knowledge base by linking topics to the games discussed in them!

1 year, 11 months ago
    #

Looking at B_R's thread a few weeks back made me want to try something similar with my DM. I had previously tried LEDs for the GI in Black Rose, but didn't like the results. I must say though, so far I am very happy with how this is looking in Demo Man.

All Cointaker frosted, mostly blue, a few purple in the upper corner and some cool whites under slingshots/ramps and other plastics here and there.

Had LEDs under the inserts for awhile now, but experimenting with different colors cuz I was tired of mostly red and orange....comments welcome.

1 year, 11 months ago
    #

Oops, forgot pics, duh!

1 year, 11 months ago
    #

Few more, hard to get good pics...

1 year, 11 months ago
    #

Thanxx for the Comment bro !!

Look's Good F.M !!! What Led's did you use at the Claw ? I used Frosted Red's and Blues. 3 Red , 2 Blue , Something Diff--... have Fun with DM... Work it and get Cryo Prision .. It's like the End or Wizard .. Be Cool .... B_R

1 year, 11 months ago
    #

that is BADASS bro....I put my order in on Saturday and received an email today that my LEDS have been shipped for my Demo Man....I so cannot wait....I have a few more LEDS I need to get for it but I will post pics as well once I get them installed....again that looks sweet! I forgot to order LEDS for the cyro claw 5 lights and under the gate at the top of the playfield in the middle....those all take 555's right?

1 year, 11 months ago
    #
    BLACK_ROSE said:

Thanxx for the Comment bro !!
    Look's Good F.M !!! What Led's did you use at the Claw ? I used Frosted Red's and Blues. 3 Red , 2 Blue , Something Diff--... have Fun with DM... Work it and get Cryo Prision .. It's like the End or Wizard .. Be Cool .... B_R
    Attachments
    Demo_Man_Shop_Completed_010.JPG (323.9 KB, 0 downloads) 2 minutes old
    Demo_Man_Shop_Completed_007.JPG (264.8 KB, 0 downloads) 2 minutes old

BR yours is BASASS as well!!! Did you go with cool whites or super blues under the ramps?

1 year, 11 months ago
    #

Friggin awesome!
    Doug

1 year, 11 months ago
    #
    pacattack13 said:

BR yours is BASASS as well!!! Did you go with cool whites or super blues under the ramps?

Blue Frosted's and 2 Blue Ultra's that were there Already !! Cool White Frosted's under the Top inlanes , I wanted that area Lite up . I tried Red under the Inlane Plastics , thru the Color off for me !! I should do like F.M did and take a Pict- w/ All Light's on !! CoinTaker has some Killer Led's .. I'm Addicted to them !!

Post you a video on You_Tube F.Magician !! Show it off..

1 year, 11 months ago
    #
    BLACK_ROSE said:

Look's Good F.M !!! What Led's did you use at the Claw ?

2 green frosted and 3 purple (old 1 LED style) frosted, something different as well. I should have ordered more purple, I like the look in the corner but need more.

Have they gone through all of the 1 LED frosted purple? In my latest order they were all the new 2 LED despite the site not saying so.

JWS64

Pinball addict
    1,090,300 2
    1 year, 11 months ago
    #

FlipperMagician, I think you did a kickass job on your DM. Looks great to me.

1 year, 11 months ago
    #

Looks awesome! Unless, you know, you want to be able to see the ball when you play.

Flame suit on!

1 year, 11 months ago
    #
    BLACK_ROSE said:

pacattack13 said:

Blue Frosted's and 2 Blue Ultra's that were there Already !! Cool White Frosted's under the Top inlanes , I wanted that area Lite up . I tried Red under the Inlane Plastics , thru the Color off for me !! I should do like F.M did and take a Pict- w/ All Light's on !! CoinTaker has some Killer Led's .. I'm Addicted to them !!

cool! so in your opinion you think supers are too bright for the claw and under the center ramp? Also im assuming the lights above the ramps that light up super jackpot take 44s?

1 year, 11 months ago
    #
    jayhawkai said:

Unless, you know, you want to be able to see the ball when you play. [:mrgreen:]

Believe it or not, I can actually see the ball better now. That was my biggest concern, being too damn bright, and why I yanked the GI LEDs out of Black Rose after a couple of days.

I think the frosted blues work great for DM though.

1 year, 11 months ago
    #
    BLACK_ROSE said:

Maybe some day....never messed with posting on the You Tube. Wish I had video of the first game after I was done LED'ing last night though. My best game yet on factory settings, 4.8 Billion!

1 year, 11 months ago
    #

last question for the noob here.....the lights under the ramps take 906s right?

1 year, 11 months ago
    #
    pacattack13 said:

last question for the noob here.....the lights under the ramps take 906s right?

Nope, 44's for the GI, and flashers are 89's

1 year, 11 months ago
    #

Ok... this looks super extra crazy awesome ....cudos x 5000 how does it play in low light?

1 year, 11 months ago
    #
    shanetastic said:

Ok... this looks super extra crazy awesome ....cudos x 5000 how does it play in low light?

Are you having Fun !!!!!!!!!!

1 year, 11 months ago
    #

I am drinking all I can stand... Vegas is freaking CRAZY!

1 year, 11 months ago
    #
    shanetastic said:

It plays super extra crazy awesome of course!

Thank You!

1 year, 11 months ago
    #
    shanetastic said:

I am drinking AND I can stand... Vegas is freaking CRAZY!

Fixed it for ya!

1 year, 11 months ago
    #

Looks good

1 year, 11 months ago
    #

Very nice! I like the different color inserts and the purple in the top right. I'm going to have to use some of your ideas - with permission of course

1 year, 10 months ago
    #

Thanks for the encouraging comments everyone.

nutshell79 said:

Very nice! I like the different color inserts and the purple in the top right. I'm going to have to use some of your ideas - with permission of course [:)]

Permission? By all means, couldn't stop you if I wanted to (don't want to anyway) I'm just happy with the results and glad others seem to like it as well.

By the way, pacattack your new Avatar looks very, very familiar.

1 year, 10 months ago
    #
    FlipperMagician said:

Thanks for the encouraging comments everyone.
    nutshell79 said:

Very nice! I like the different color inserts and the purple in the top right. I'm going to have to use some of your ideas - with permission of course [:)]
    Permission? By all means, couldn't stop you if I wanted to (don't want to anyway) I'm just happy with the results and glad others seem to like it as well.
    By the way, pacattack your new Avatar looks very, very familiar.

lol Yeah I should of asked your permission first to use it for my Avatar. I love the leds on your DM. Mine should be here tomorrow. Cant wait!!! Will get those in this week and order BSD's LEDS next week.

1 year, 10 months ago
    #

looks great flipper! nice custom work there man!

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or sign in if you already have one.

© 2001-2014 Pinside.com All rights reserved. Jump to topRSS feedsHelpContactCookiesDesigned by Keeple