Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Snowyetti
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

Going to do a full shop and teardown of my new Funhouse pin and an looking for suggestions for led setups for this game. Anyone have any pictures of a fully done up game? I am a retard when it comes to leds. What I do like is color matching and eye catching lighting schemes. I have found that I like my leds bright, but not so brite I am blinded. I have a Congo that already had pinball life 3 leds in it and it just pops in my opinion, but then put a full cointaker kit into my BSD and was just not impressed with it and have decided kits are not for me. I also do not care for the spotlight effect on plastics. If anyone has comments or suggestions I would be grateful.

#2 9 years ago

My suggestion you retard, other than maybe not using words that are being phased out, is use them in inserts and not GI.

#3 9 years ago

The best LED for GI in my opinion is the 2 SMD with the faceted lens.

Comet pinball has the best prices and great customer service on those bulbs. They come in either premium non ghosting or regular:

http://www.cometpinball.com/product-p/2smd3528-ng.htm

http://www.cometpinball.com/product-p/2smd3528.htm

I usually mix some color LEDs to match the plastic with either cool or warm whites next to them. This helps enhance the color of the plastic without making it over the top saturated with one color.

The best LEDs for inserts for me personally (I am very sensitive to the strobe effect) are the NoFlix Plus from Germany, but now Comet has those available here in the states at a better price. Even at Comet's great pricing, these LEDs are not cheap, but the best of anything rarely is. These LEDs have very little strobing, the brightness is perfect (not to bright not too dim) and great saturation of colors:

http://www.cometpinball.com/product-p/1-flux.htm

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#4 9 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

My suggestion you retard, other than maybe not using words that are being phased out, is use them in inserts and not GI.

I guess I set myself up for that.

Rob, I probably should have stated that the strobing does not affect my eyes so I dont particalarly need no-flix, but I get the general idea of what you are talking about. Some games I see are just way to dark, I like how you described the enhancing of the plastics, this is the affect I am looking for. I hate that some led's cause a spotlight effect in plastics. Just want something that diffuses the light throughout without being overpowering. It sounds like Comet Pinball has the most bang for the buck? I was checking out Nifty led at Zapcon last weekend and thought their stuff looked pretty good.

#5 9 years ago

Cointaker frosteds work well in most applications.

#6 9 years ago

Cointaker kit looks great move em around a little blues look good under slings and balloons color changer under clear ramps minis and soft white looks good behind backglass keeps it O.g. Lookin bright but not too much.strobes are still nice and bright too.good luck

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/led-suggetions-for-funhouse-pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.