Latest from JJP - WoZ Plastics

Started 1 year ago by Pinchroma in forum All PinballAll Pinball.

Forum » All Pinball » Topic

Latest from JJP - WoZ Plastics

Topic summary

• Started 1 year ago by Pinchroma
  • 54 Pinsiders participating in this thread.
  • Latest reply from scooter

Tilts/ ignores / abuse

Sharing and favs

Games linked to topic

Help us build a pinball game knowledge base by linking topics to the games discussed in them!

1 year, 12 months ago
    #

Here are the plastics for WoZ.

1 year, 12 months ago
    #

Machine looks to be coming together nicely. I have to say though I'm fed up of these minimalistic updates...I'd quite like the finished thing now...it never takes Stern this long. But then again JJP is supposedly gonna be better.

1 year, 12 months ago
    #
    Medieval_Gofers said:

Machine looks to be coming together nicely. I have to say though I'm fed up of these minimalistic updates...I'd quite like the finished thing now...it never takes Stern this long. But then again JJP is supposedly gonna be better.

This is not an update from JJP. This was a small snippet that Pinball News released before they write their story about the Rocky Mountain pinball show presentation by Jack.

TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
    1 year, 12 months ago
    #
    Snowdale said:

DCFAN said:

Medieval_Gofers said:Machine looks to be coming together nicely. I have to say though I'm fed up of these minimalistic updates...I'd quite like the finished thing now...it never takes Stern this long. But then again JJP is supposedly gonna be better.
    This is not an update from JJP. This was a small snippet that Pinball News released before they write their story about the Rocky Mountain pinball show presentation by Jack.
    Small is right. Thats it for plastics? What about top left playfield?
    Just show the machine, the design is done, right? I have no horse in the race but I'm tired as hell of all this bullshit, snippet, teaser stuff. Show it all. Showing only these meek plastics doe's nothing for the hype. This game better deliver because this bread crumb trail is long as fuck.

Once again, this was not something JJP released. I just listened to the presentation and they also showed the witch mechanism and discussed a lot of the process to designing the game and what they have had to deal with regarding the license.
    They are going to have JJP owned test machines on location before Memorial day.

1 year, 12 months ago
    #

Actually, JJP just sent this out as an official update a few minutes ago.

1 year, 12 months ago
    #
    Snowdale said:

DCFAN said:Medieval_Gofers said:Machine looks to be coming together nicely. I have to say though I'm fed up of these minimalistic updates...I'd quite like the finished thing now...it never takes Stern this long. But then again JJP is supposedly gonna be better.
    Just show the machine, the design is done, right? I have no horse in the race but I'm tired as hell of all this bullshit, snippet, teaser stuff. Show it all. Showing only these meek plastics doe's nothing for the hype. This game better deliver because this bread crumb trail is long as fuck.

It's not like stern shows a ton of info before releasing their game. If you don't like the updates and don't have a preorder just don't open the links about them.

1 year, 12 months ago
    #

did anyone listen to the audio provided by Martin at Pinballnews ?

http://www.pinballnews.com/shows/rmps2012/jjp.mp3

1 year, 12 months ago
    #

JJP has never produced a pin before, so I think that Jack is trying to keep a flow of images and info coming out to illustrate to his customers that their faith (and money) is well placed. I think the game looks great and I'm excited to take delivery of WOZ ECLE #825. Jack is keeping interest high while taking the time to get it right.

TomGWI

Pinball guru
    6,600,200 2
    1 year, 12 months ago
    #
    Snowdale said:

This game better deliver because this bread crumb trail is long as fuck.

lol Game will be out in a few months. I preordered TFLE without even seeing a picture from Stern. JJP has shown a lot and there is still more to show.

txstargazer3 said:

I think the game looks great and I'm excited to take delivery of WOZ ECLE #825. Jack is keeping interest high while taking the time to get it right.

Agreed. Just listened to the presentation and I'm excited again.

1 year, 12 months ago
    #

They did a nice job with the purple plastics on the left. Wonder if they will come with protectors...

1 year, 12 months ago
    #
    kmoore88 said:

They did a nice job with the purple plastics for the upper left. Surprised there weren't more plastics, not a bad thing just surprised with the minimal approach with plastics.

+1

1 year, 12 months ago
    #
    Snowdale said:

kmoore88 said:

They did a nice job with the purple plastics for the upper left. Surprised there weren't more plastics, not a bad thing just surprised with the minimal approach with plastics.

+1

Make that +2

1 year, 12 months ago
    #
    Snowdale said:

kmoore88 said:They did a nice job with the purple plastics for the upper left. Surprised there weren't more plastics, not a bad thing just surprised with the minimal approach with plastics.
    +1

It certainly will be interesting to see how they finish the upper playfields and their surrounding areas.

1 year, 12 months ago
    #

I feel I am probably in the minority on this one but I would prefer NO updates. I have felt all along like a kid peaking in his gifts at Christmas. I want it, I want it! But seriously, I would rather have the rest be a surprise.

1 year, 12 months ago
    #
    The_Gorilla said:

I feel I am probably in the minority on this one but I would prefer NO updates. I have felt all along like a kid peaking in his gifts at Christmas. I want it, I want it! But seriously, I would rather have the rest be a surprise.

There is still so much we have not seen so the updates are fine by me. We still have not seen much of the toys, apron, rules, surrounding art/plastics, or the lcd screen.
    Also, I think it is nearly impossible to get the machine to your house before hearing about everything from somebody that gets it before you.

1 year, 12 months ago
    #
    DCFAN said:

Also, I think it is nearly impossible to get the machine to your house before hearing about everything from somebody that gets it before you.

Yeah, I know it. It is similar to trying to avoid hearing the score of a game you have on your DVR. It is inevitable that I know more than I want to before I receive delivery unless I abandon my forums...ain't happenin

1 year, 12 months ago
    #
    The_Gorilla said:

I agree T_G. The updates were nice for awhile to give us confidence that the product was coming together, but at this point I'd prefer they release nothing other than production updates going forward. I want to have some surprises left when I open the box!

TomGWI

Pinball guru
    6,600,200 2
    1 year, 12 months ago
    #

I think we are going to see youtube vids of test games before we unbox.

One thing I will say about the updates is I kind of forget about it and then I get an update and it renews my interest.

1 year, 12 months ago
    #
    TomGWI said:

I get an update and it renews my interest.

+1

I get a kick out of the updates. It also helps keep my wife engaged in the process. She loves the theme; and the more she sees of it, the happier she is about our decision to order it. That is worth its weight in gold!

TaylorVA

Pinball guru
    4,817,350 3
    1 year, 12 months ago
    #

I have avoided any updates since I ordered mine. I have not seen the main playfield or any subsequent pics. I saw enough to order one so want the surprise.

I friend that also has one on order did send me a full scale print of the playfield which I showed my wife. She was impressed so I rolled it back up and it's sitting in my shop. Needless to say I am very tempted to take a peek. Just about 4 more months...

1 year, 12 months ago
    #
    TaylorVA said:

I have not seen the main playfield

So you haven't seen the sunken playfield with Jack's face on it?

1 year, 12 months ago
    #
    txstargazer3 said:

So you haven't seen the sunken playfield with Jack's face on it? [:impressed:]

Good one!!!!

1 year, 12 months ago
    #
    DCFAN said:

The_Gorilla said:I feel I am probably in the minority on this one but I would prefer NO updates. I have felt all along like a kid peaking in his gifts at Christmas. I want it, I want it! But seriously, I would rather have the rest be a surprise.
    There is still so much we have not seen so the updates are fine by me. We still have not seen much of the toys, apron, rules, surrounding art/plastics, or the lcd screen.

I look forward to a WOZ in my basement! Problem is I doubt it will happen in 2012.

JJP hasn't shown the items you list because they don't exist yet. Anyone who genuinely looks at all past updates eventually sees a frustrating pattern.

I told myself not to buy anything new until the WOZ is out but I can't wait until 2014

June... HA!

RGR

Pinball master
    2,533,400 2
    1 year, 12 months ago
    #

Its coming out in June. Only one month left. But yeah, I dont wanna be cockteased for 1.5 years for the hobbit...

1 year, 12 months ago
    #

So - what is the supply going to be like once it is released? I have not ordered one and want to wait to see how the game actually plays before I purchase one. Is their production run limited?

1 year, 12 months ago
    #

1000 LE
    1000 numbered standard
    Infinite subsuquent standards to follow

1 year, 12 months ago
    #
    Methos said:

So - what is the supply going to be like once it is released? I have not ordered one and want to wait to see how the game actually plays before I purchase one. Is their production run limited?

It is a limited edition, and they have been supposedly sold out
    but people keep popping up saying that they have just signed on

1 year, 12 months ago
    #
    PopBumperPete said:

Jersey Jack Pinball is a design/manufacturing company and they sold the orders to distributors. Thus, JJP has sold out but distributors probably still have some remaining. As mentioned above: 1000 limited edition, 1000 numbered regular edition, unlimited regular after that. In his speech today he mentioned still making WOZ in 2014.

1 year, 12 months ago
    #
    PopBumperPete said:

Methos said:

The combination of individuals and dealers have ordered all 1000 of the LE's. However, some of the LE's have not been purchased yet from those dealers. Jersey Jack has a sales company that has a few left as well.

1 year, 12 months ago
    #
    Snowdale said:

"Plastics" means just the flat pieces that have artwork on them that all come nested in a sheet. It does not refer to anything 3d/molded, etc.

1 year, 12 months ago
    #

Happy to see the update.

It would be nice to see this in JJP instead of all pinball.

pinstor12

Pinball addict
    1,557,850 2
    1 year, 12 months ago
    #

Can't wait to see: Coming soon: Hold your breath: The shooter rod!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

justonemore

Pinball addict
    907,300 2
    1 year, 12 months ago
    #

I just recently signed-on last friday, so I have not been teased for over a year like you original purchasers. I have woke up every day excited though since, and let me tell you I had originally thought no way would I ever buy a pin before its release. JJP has changed my mind, and I now get to enjoy the anticipation daily until I actually have my nib pin set up. Finish strong Jack, and I for one , would rather wait and have the final product all it can be. ( keep the updates coming )

1 year, 12 months ago
    #

I like the way they have released the information. The game is looking quite nice.

1 year, 12 months ago
    #

If you go to the JJP website and click on the WOZ ECLE game, it will take you directly to Jack's distribution company - Pinball Sales. They are great to deal with, especially his daughter Jen. As of a week ago, they still had a few ECLEs to sell.

RobT

Pinside legend
    12,362,173 3
    1 year, 12 months ago
    #
    RGR said:

Its coming out in June. Only one month left.

I don't think that everyone who has placed an order will be getting their WoZ in June.

It will take some time for them to get all the machines made to fill all the orders.

1 year, 12 months ago
    #
    RobT said:

RGR said:Its coming out in June. Only one month left.
    I don't think that everyone who has placed an order will be getting their WoZ in June.
    It will take some time for them to get all the machines made to fill all the orders.

I'm #885 WoZ LE and I expect October Delivery

1 year, 12 months ago
    #
    jarjarisgod said:

I agree T_G. The updates were nice for awhile to give us confidence that the product was coming together, but at this point I'd prefer they release nothing other than production updates going forward. I want to have some surprises left when I open the box!

How can you not think there's going to be surprises? Keith Johnson is doing the software! Hello??

Probably the 90% best part of this game nobody knows anything about. Well, we know they're going to incorporate a "flipper frenzy" mode, but not a whole lot else. I sure hope this game has mini-wizard modes like TSPP does.

1 year, 12 months ago
    #
    PinballHelp said:

jarjarisgod said:I agree T_G. The updates were nice for awhile to give us confidence that the product was coming together, but at this point I'd prefer they release nothing other than production updates going forward. I want to have some surprises left when I open the box!
    How can you not think there's going to be surprises? Keith Johnson is doing the software! Hello??
    Probably the 90% best part of this game nobody knows anything about. Well, we know they're going to incorporate a "flipper frenzy" mode, but not a whole lot else. I sure hope this game has mini-wizard modes like TSPP does.

True, but I'm talking about surprises beyond the code which nobody really knows anything about (and I'm fine with that!). The flipper frenzy mode is something I couldn't care less about, but I'm sure the rest of the rules will more than make up for it. We are talking about the guy who did the LOTR rules after all!

They're at the point now where they don't need to release any more updates other than manufacturing related ones IMO.

1 year, 12 months ago
    #
    TaylorVA said:

I rolled it back up and it's sitting in my shop. Needless to say I am very tempted to take a peek. Just about 4 more months...

A man of great will power! I commend you.

TomGWI

Pinball guru
    6,600,200 2
    1 year, 11 months ago
    #
    RobT said:

RGR said:Its coming out in June. Only one month left.

Jack's last talk he did say end of July.

Pinballwizard79 said:

Anyone who genuinely looks at all past updates eventually sees a frustrating pattern.

Not me! I see progress. The game is moving forward. We have seen bits & pieces and I like it. Jack has been mentioning they haven't showed everything and I believe him. We have seen playfield artwork, cabinets made, invisiglass, whitewood play video, video clips, spinning houses, mini playfields, ohhhhhh myyyyy!
    Name the last game a pinball company showed what was going on up until you recieved your game. Having a tough time?
    I remember seeing the promo video for Transformers. It should absolutely nothing from the game. Nothing. They even showed Gomez playing with a toy everyone assumed would be part of the game. People got excited.
    If you honesty think there is no game development going on and the game is stuck in limbo the I don't know what to tell you. Maybe people will start to wake up once the test games start showing up at a few locations. I'm tired of people saying that the game will never get done, or will be done in 2013,2014, etc.

1 year, 11 months ago
    #
    TomGWI said:

I see progress. The game is moving forward. We have seen bits & pieces and I like it. Jack has been mentioning they haven't showed everything and I believe him.

+1

I can understand and accept that some folks say the WOZ theme is not for them. I don't understand when people deny that the game is progressing and will be released this summer. Jack has shown more of an unreleased game than Stern ever has, and yet there are still those that refuse to believe.

1 year, 11 months ago
    #
    txstargazer3 said:

and yet there are still those that refuse to believe.

They are the same ones that think Elvis is alive.

1 year, 11 months ago
    #

I'm laughing at how guys on both sides complain about updates.

If you like updates, no worries. You WILL see the entire game, being played, LONG before you get your machine unboxed. ...or did you think all thousand were going to get magically delivered at exactly the same moment in time? Someone WILL get their game first and post videos of the unboxing and gameplay. Face it, it's the world we live in now.

If you don't want updates, stop reading them.

I read them because I like them. I wait for the next one. The only time I complained about an update was when we were shown cabinets all lined up. You know the one.

1 year, 11 months ago
    #
    absocountry2 said:

They are the same ones that think Elvis is alive.

Are you saying he's not?

TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
    1 year, 11 months ago
    #
    Exejet said:

It needs more green, not enough green in this game! Load up on the green! If you guys actually have a game by Oct 2012 I'd be surprised. Almost 2 years in "production" and the game will rate under most new Sterns that's going to be the best part!

I done arguing with all the haters. As Jack has often said, the game will do the talking for itself and that will start in May on location. I am confident the comparisons to most Stern's will hardly be worth making.

I also predict that as soon as 6 to 10 different themed LCD pinball machines are produced, that is what will be most sought after with the exception of a precious dozen or so DMD pins.

TaylorVA

Pinball guru
    4,817,350 3
    1 year, 11 months ago
    #
    Exejet said:

It needs more green, not enough green in this game! Load up on the green! If you guys actually have a game by Oct 2012 I'd be surprised. Almost 2 years in "production" and the game will rate under most new Sterns that's going to be the best part!

Did you sell your two yet?

1 year, 11 months ago
    #
    Exejet said:

most 2 years in "production" and the game will rate under most new Sterns that's going to be the best part!

Which new sterns are you refering too?

Tron at 19
    Transformers at 28 or
    maybe AC/DC at an awesome 51

Maybe WOZ will challenge one of those great pins.

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or sign in if you already have one.

© 2001-2014 Pinside.com All rights reserved. Jump to topRSS feedsHelpContactCookiesDesigned by Keeple