Dolphins.jpg
We_refuse_to_go_on_stage.jpg
KongGif1a.gif.CROP.original-original.gif
King_kong_eat-300x225.jpg
PB230206.JPG
P2020007.JPG
P2020006.JPG
PA280139.JPG
There are 240 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.
#1 10 years ago

http://feedly.com/k/17IzMUx

It's in Silver Spring, MD - wonder if this is the Pinball Hall of Fame guy selling off? Claims to be the only prototype with all full-length flippers and combined sound ROMs...

#2 10 years ago

I can confirm by the phone # on the ad that it is David Silverman of the National Pinball Museum.
He's a straight up and honest dude.
I hope someone gets this to the Pinball Hall of Fame in Vegas!

#4 10 years ago

Sadly I wonder if the National Pinball Museum won't be returning ?

LTG

#5 10 years ago

Guesses on final price?
Is this likely to be like Kingpin?

#6 10 years ago

this is going to be a fun one to watch

#7 10 years ago

Threads earlier said they had been kicked out of there current place and were trying to relocate but funding was an issue

#8 10 years ago

I'm going to guess $12,000-$13,000

#9 10 years ago

I doubt it ends on ebay.12k buy it now.

#10 10 years ago

It is a shame he is selling, but I read he is having issues.. At least I did get to visit a few years ago. Like the Pinball Hall of Fame in Vegas, this was a great opportunity to play some crazy rare titles... Played my first and only BBB and KP there.... I wish him well.

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

Is this likely to be like Kingpin?

Since in the Q&A he says $12,000 buy it now ( which went away with bidding ) it will be no where near KingPin. Last few were 4 or 5 times that.

LTG : )

#12 10 years ago

He said the Buy It Now is 12K

Chris

#13 10 years ago

Its at $6100 with 6 days to go.......doesn't have a buy it now price listed but says in the comments below $12000, should be interesting watching

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Since in the Q&A he says $12,000 buy it now ( which went away with bidding ) it will be no where near Kingpin. Last few were 4 or 5 times that.

Whoops! Missed the buy it now price.
I guess I'm surprised.

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

He said the Buy It Now is 12K

Oh I didn't see that

#16 10 years ago

I will buy it for that. I just got back in looking on Ebay now
I am a big King Kong fan loved the 1976 Jeff Bridges version but I was a kid.
I enjoy the original and the Peter Jackson remake, really all of them but the 1986 sort of sequel.

Buddy

#17 10 years ago

I was first to ask and call him when it was listed. I just talked with him tonight again, and asked for first option on it and told him I will buy it. He said he would, and is calling me back tomorrow morning.

#18 10 years ago

Not a buy it now in the auction but called to try to buy it. Would love to add to my King Kong and pin collection. Trying to buy, thats all I can do.

#19 10 years ago

That thing is BEAUTIFUL!

#20 10 years ago

You better jump on it Buddy. You see I told you I'd find you one some day........LOL. I still remember the excitement I had the day I brought mine home back in 2007.

John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, Mi.
269-979-3836

PA280139.JPGPA280139.JPG P2020006.JPGP2020006.JPG P2020007.JPGP2020007.JPG PB230206.JPGPB230206.JPG

#21 10 years ago

I will guess 16.5K

Buddy love the PM topper. Guess Daleks rule earth too.

#22 10 years ago

Kong hungry!

King_kong_eat-300x225.jpgKing_kong_eat-300x225.jpg

#23 10 years ago

John

I would pay more than 12 as you know and this one is as close location wise as I ever get. I just fear I have lost out too as I see here I am not the the first to call, I got answering machine. Maybe he was talking to all the others. Jessica Lange was so pretty to us kids watching back then, much like WOZ we watched it ever time it came on NBC which seemed like alot back then.

#24 10 years ago

And horny!

KongGif1a.gif.CROP.original-original.gifKongGif1a.gif.CROP.original-original.gif

#25 10 years ago

Someone had placed a low bid before I could ''buy it now'' he thought the listing was still for $12,000 buy it now, (he is new to selling on ebay, but not buying)
So I had to explain to him how it wasn't anymore a buy it now auction. He said he is calling me tomorrow morning with first option/confirmation when he sorts out the e-bay thing.

#26 10 years ago

Good Luck! No hard feelings, I knew I should have paid somebody else to mow this evening. I hate I missed it but if you want to flip it let me know.

Buddy

#27 10 years ago

He should let it play out on E-Bay. This auction is going to blow by 12k.

#28 10 years ago

I could use the luck, so thank you.
Will do. I will keep you in mind.
Like many, I have seen that game in pictures and always thought it was really cool/unobtanium.
Hoping all goes well...

#29 10 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

Someone had placed a low bid before I could ''buy it now'' he thought the listing was still for $12,000 buy it now, (he is new to selling on ebay, but not buying)
So I had to explain to him how it wasn't anymore a buy it now auction. He said he is calling me tomorrow morning with first option/confirmation when he sorts out the e-bay thing.

#31 10 years ago

This game any fun to play or just a novelty?

#32 10 years ago

Beautiful machine!! Good luck guys!!!

#33 10 years ago

Its over 10k and I have not bid or called back. I think we will both be out. Money is hard to turn down and Ebay bring out lots of greed and buyers.

#34 10 years ago

I played it at Expo I like it but it more of a living piece of art and such a great theme.

WOZ bring out the same kind of feeling to some people who just love the movie, its like an extension of youth and a better time in life. I think the real value of Kingpin is 18k north

#35 10 years ago

Bidding is now at 20k.

25k is not out of the realm of possibility.

#36 10 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Bidding is now at 20k.

#37 10 years ago

figured it would go for such. Surprised nobody pulled the trigger on 12k.

#38 10 years ago

Too bad this game never hit the production line. I think this would have been a hit for Data East.

#39 10 years ago

Man, pinball...

I get 100% more enjoyment out of my $200 Galaxy than I did out of Kong.

#40 10 years ago
Quoted from kwiKimart:

Too bad this game never hit the production line. I think this would have been a hit for Data East.

Awesome theme.

#41 10 years ago
Quoted from kwiKimart:

This is a game I really like because even though it was a small run it had a lot of potential in terms of the art etc.

I am currently restoring #9

http://christopherhutchins.com/gallery/album275

It is the second one I have done so I am pretty familiar with it.

Christopher Hutchins

#42 10 years ago

Lots of people kicking themselves for not jumping on the $12k BIN price. Would be leaving 5 figures on the table by taking it off the auction block.

#43 10 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

Lots of people kicking themselves for not jumping on the $12k BIN price. Would be leaving 5 figures on the table by taking it off the auction block.

I tried as soon as I saw it posted here and called. I even told him I come tonight I be on I-81 coming up there by now for a 6am pickup. Just got answering machine. I would not have sold either not even for 25k Holy Grail type pin to me. JPop hurry and build us a MG or RHZA I want a nice playable work of art!

Buddy

#44 10 years ago

There isn't an emoticon that expresses how funny/sad 'dat price' is currently, for a single pinball machine. I love the hobby like the next guy, but there's a point where it's just insane whether you can afford it or not.

#45 10 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Since in the Q&A he says $12,000 buy it now ( which went away with bidding ) it will be no where near Kingpin. Last few were 4 or 5 times that.

And now that buy it now is gone, who knows, maybe up in the Kingpin range ?

#46 10 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Bidding is now at 20k.

It'll hit 25k and higher . . . there is a super collector out there that isn't going to let this game get out of reach, talk about a game that virtually never comes available.

#47 10 years ago

Folks should have Jumped on a 12k buy it now
If I only saw this earlier !

This game is on my favorite all time list
Due to King King Theme

My money will be in on this item as well
Just hope it stays within reason since prototypes
Always have issues.

#48 10 years ago

l did jump on it, early. The guy said i'm first in line for it at 12K- read above for his mix up. If he decides not to honor that, l can move on, and life goes on.
Saying ''your money is on it as well''
relax, and lets give the seller the benefit of the doubt. lf he decides not to, then fair game.

There was a whole thread about this sort of thing recently...honoring vs spiking price

#49 10 years ago

The bids suddenly dropped to $13,000 from $20,000. I wonder what happened? Someone bid the 20k with a dummy account just to see how high the person in front of them was bidding then withdrew it? Sneaky.

#50 10 years ago

i hope i get a fair chance to own this game
will take it to the Pinball shows for sure
instead of Hiding it from the world

There are 240 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/king-kong-on-ebay and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.