Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 64 posts
  • 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by spfxted
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0930.jpg
    midwaykeyrack.jpg
    keyschains_lowes.jpg
    100_5128.JPG
    key_holder.jpg
    DSC05997.JPG
    wh202_002[1].jpg
    There are 64 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 12 years ago

Anyone have a pin key chain rack in their gameroom ? Pics if you do

#2 12 years ago

I have been looking for the same thing. With all the Topper creators out there, I think someone could make a bundle of cash creating a pin-key rack for the wall with a cool theme. No lights needed.

Laseriffic?

Anyone?

#3 12 years ago
    Quoted from BackFlipper:

I have been looking for the same thing. With all the Topper creators out there, I think someone could make a bundle of cash creating a pin-key rack for the wall with a cool theme. No lights needed.
    Laseriffic?
    Anyone?

Did a google search and came up with nothing for pinball, but there was a billiards key chain rack that seemed cool.

#4 12 years ago

I am coming up with a couple versions. This was brought to my attention a week or so ago. I'm on it

#5 12 years ago

how about key racks made out of old playfield plastics mounted on plywood...

#7 12 years ago

That might get expensive. You have a source?

Quoted from APOLLO_13:how about key racks made out of old playfield plastics mounted on plywood...

#8 12 years ago

I have a couple of other toppers I am working on then I will devote some time to this project................cool?

#9 12 years ago

you rock! let us know asap. need one to hold at least 10 keychains.

#10 12 years ago

I could use one.

How about a pop bumper cap on each end a plastic posts with a hook on end.

Let give him some ideas.

#11 12 years ago

I am sure you could line up with someone that restores and uses new plastics and get them fairly cheap?? I probably have a set or two...MM, IJ, etc

Look forward to seeing what you come up with pinheadpuckguy.

#12 12 years ago
    Quoted from JIM_Z:

Oooooooo I likey.

#13 12 years ago

Ya I was thinking about the plastic posts w/rubbers to keep key rings from sliding off...
    also I don't know about swap meets... buying misc plastics... I don't think it would be cost effective to buy complete sets... or something like JIM_Z said... use pop bumpers or just generic pf parts...

#14 12 years ago
    Quoted from JIM_Z:

I could use one.
    Let give him some ideas.

Playfield posts as the holder of the key chains. Or use Starposts and stick a light in there so it lights up.

#15 12 years ago

There is a guy on KLOV videogame forum that makes really nice wood signs/keychain holders. I have a nice Williams keychain sign from him.

#17 12 years ago

Cool...but I want something a bit nicer than that. Maybe I'll get some stuff at Allentown next week.

#18 12 years ago
    Quoted from pinheadpuckguy:

I have a couple of other toppers I am working on then I will devote some time to this project................cool?

That is very cool. I predict a cool key rack will outsell any topper.

Jim

#19 12 years ago
    Quoted from BackFlipper:

That is very cool. I predict a cool key rack will outsell any topper.

It probably will sell well, but it really depends on the price.

A "key holder" is not worth all that much money to me (i.e. under $40-$50)

#20 12 years ago
    Quoted from fattrain:

BackFlipper said:That is very cool. I predict a cool key rack will outsell any topper.
    It probably will sell well, but it really depends on the price.
    A "key holder" is not worth all that much money to me (i.e. under $40-$50)

I agree and I think that is possible because it will not require lights. I could be wrong???

I would pay $50 myself, though, if it was REALLY cool.

#21 12 years ago

How big are we talking? Dimensions?

#22 12 years ago

I think enough to hold 20 or so keychains?? Or maybe you could do two different sizes??

I would say between key and misc keychain you will need about 3 inches vertically for each hook between the rows?

Of course that's assuming you were doing more of a square shape with rows of hooks....

You could always just do one long row of hooks??

#23 12 years ago

Yes, 2 sizes. One for 10 one for 20. (if ya got 40 machines, ya lucky bastid, ya buy 2)

#24 12 years ago

friend of mine did this

wh202_002[1].jpgwh202_002[1].jpg

#25 12 years ago

If we are going to have it be a decorative part of the gameroom, I say go ahead and go bigger with the 20 spots. That gives more room for interesting art. Plus keychains hang down a bit more than keys. I like lighting for the toppers, but where I will hang the rack I will not want a power cord hanging about. Maybe battery powered with on off switch? Or just go no light either way.

#26 12 years ago

Just need an old cabinet to cut out or decal on piece of wood.

#27 12 years ago

That WH20 one looks great!!! Anything along those lines would rock!!!

Quoted from spfxted:

(if ya got 40 machines, ya lucky bastid, ya buy 2)

HAHA. Agreed!

#28 12 years ago

I have a couple of ideas. The one I will post a drawing of it and see what ya guys think. This one could at least hold 10.....maybe more.

#29 12 years ago

Whoa Scottc! That's major keychainage!

#30 12 years ago

Hey Pinhead...just get busy so you can have some for Allentown....

#31 12 years ago

I think a 10 and 20 could work, but I think a 6 and a 12 might be better if you are going to make 2. Most of us aren't lucky enough to have more than 12 machines. I think when you do 6's, you could have different styles and the guys with more machines would stack them.

#32 12 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

Hey Pinhead...just get busy so you can have some for Allentown.... []

I won't be at Allentown. Drawing will be posted later today. Thanks guys for the ideas. I will try to do you proud.

#33 12 years ago

Ok...I'll wait right here....

#34 12 years ago
    Quoted from scottc:

friend of mine did this

Attachments
    wh202_002[1].jpg (156.7 KB, 0 downloads) 48 minutes old

That is SWEET!

#35 12 years ago

Here is a bad sketch of what I was thinking. I would have to play around with size, etc. I could do any color scheme to match your gameroom. I would have to actually cut one of these out and play around with placement of the hooks. What do you guys think? I have some other ideas too. I know a few mentioned $40-50. This is something I could do for around that price range. The other ideas I had might be more labor intensive.

DSC05997.JPGDSC05997.JPG

#36 12 years ago

That kind of generic pinball machine with an insert that can be slid in for the backglass. Then we could put our favorite pin in there. (and change it)

#37 12 years ago

I am in. Remember to keep enough space between the hooks. How big would this be?

#38 12 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

That kind of generic pinball machine with an insert that can be slid in for the backglass. Then we could put our favorite pin in there. (and change it)

If the backglass is square, that would be pretty cool.

#39 12 years ago

What other idea's do you have ?

#41 12 years ago
    Quoted from pinheadpuckguy:

Here is a bad sketch of what I was thinking

Laser cut and lighted, battery pack must be hidden somewhere. Without lights, you must use colors. Not a bad thing just sayin. Also must account for a hook to hang it from on the wall so you know it won't be laying flat on the wall, unless you are thinking mounting it flush? Grrrrreeeattt ideas and sketch in such a short time. I would be more inclined towards a more modern looking pinball machine, as that one looks like a wedge head.

#42 12 years ago

This is an idea that's got legs. Little dollar sign legs $$. I'm in. I have an d PF a guy gave me from some 70's(I think) hockey pin. I have been thinking about turning it into a keychain holder but if your going to make something I'll wait.

#43 12 years ago

Hey, my wife took my idea and came up with something better. Imagine something like your sketch as a topper on a long rectangle. The rectangle would have squares that went across. The squares would be the pockets where you put small versions of your backglasses in. Under the squares are the metal pinball posts sticking out. So, lets say there are 6 squares, you put your six machine backglasses in and your keys are hanging underneath. Sheesh, I should just draw the picture....

#44 12 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

Hey, my wife took my idea and came up with something better. Imagine something like your sketch as a topper on a long rectangle. The rectangle would have squares that went across. The squares would be the pockets where you put small versions of your backglasses in. Under the squares are the metal pinball posts sticking out. So, lets say there are 6 squares, you put your six machine backglasses in and your keys are hanging underneath. Sheesh, I should just draw the picture....

love it, i'd buy one!

one thing for sure, lights and pics... a must!

#45 12 years ago

Here's my crappy art!

key_holder.jpgkey_holder.jpg

#46 12 years ago

Come on where are Elvira's boobs?

#47 12 years ago

Yeah...you're right! Even though drawn in 2 minutes, how could I forget THAT!

#48 12 years ago

I will not be able to light this thing up for $40-50. The "window" idea is cool but that is a lot of cutting and I do not have the capability to churn out something like that. I am still working on a couple designs. Thanks for all the input guys.

#49 12 years ago

The WW is a really cool idea. I have Fobs for all my machines so something like this would be cool to do for the back box keys. All my machine have been converted to the keyless locks now.

#50 12 years ago
    Quoted from rommy:

Anyone have a pin key chain rack in their gameroom ? Pics if you do

Weird subject...how about all locks keyed alike?
    --
    Chris Hibler - CARGPB #31
    http://www.Team-EM.com
    http://webpages.charter.net/chibler/Pinball.htm
    http://www.PinWiki.com - The new place for pinball repair info

There are 64 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/keychain-rack and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.