Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by ChadH
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

Bought my JP about 10 months ago. It was fully working when I got it. I have loved playing it and it has had no issues except for this one. It started to happen just sometimes but now issue is constant. After completing a game if I do not hit the start button sometime before the DMD shows the Image of the T-rex "on the loose" then the game will run through all of the DMD images to complete the game but then will "blackout" every light on the game for about a full 45 seconds. After this time it comes back to life in attract mode and asks you to hit start for free play just as if nothing wrong ever happened. As long as I hit the start button before the critical moment It will start all games perfectly. Still kind of a newbie so I really don't know what would cause this. Any help appreciated.

#2 10 years ago

What version of roms do you have, there was a problem with one of the revisions with the game blacking out like that.
Read the service buletins on sterns sight for this game and get the latest roms in there if you don't have them already.

#3 10 years ago

Not sure what version I am running. May be silly question but to get the latest version I would just have to buy a new rom chip with the latest version on it and swap that chip out with mine?

#4 10 years ago

Version 5.01 is the highest eprom version for Jurassic Park according to ipdb.org

Yes, it is just as simple as replacing the EPROM with a new one, just be sure and observe correct polarity when installing the new EPROM. Do not go by the label/decal as they can be on backwards or forwards.

You can purchase from:
http://www.actionpinball.com/roms.htm#pinball
or one ebay from ROMPINGIRL
both are just a suggestion to get you started.

Lots of places have pinball eproms. If you had an eprom programmer you could download the code and do it yourself. Not recommended for the novice but it is good experience and you have to learn it somewhere. Then pinball repair will be in your blood.

Here is some reference material for Jurassic Park for you:
http://www.ipdb.org/search.pl?any=jurassic+park&search=Search+Database&searchtype=quick#1343

#5 10 years ago

Just realized DMD shows version 5.01 during diagnostics. So even if running latest 5.01 maybe mine is now possibly going bad? Also action and rompinirl both refer to 5.10 as latest version? Just a typo from 5.01? Sorry I'm such a newbie.

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from Tokkentakker:

Sorry I'm such a newbie.

Never apologize for being new... I love reading threads like these because it helps me better understand problems that I might have in the future. Good luck with solving the problem!

#7 10 years ago

Ipdb is confusing sometimes with the rom versions.

The latest version for the CPU is 5.13 and for the display is 5.10

Upgrading to those versions will correct your issue.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Machine - For Sale
London, ON
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Needville, TX
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 99.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 250.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 1.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-has-trouble-restarting-after-completing-a-game-need-help and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.