Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 112 posts
  • 70 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by StevenP
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

kiss-Q5IW_o_tn.jpg
    20140413_185913.jpg
    image-811.jpg
    image-162.jpg
    image.jpg
    image-719.jpg
    image-984.jpg
    image-979.jpg
    image-882.jpg
    image-786.jpg
    image-488.jpg
    image-14.jpg
    image-332.jpg
    There are 112 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 10 years ago

discuss...

#2 10 years ago

Pics? A fourth JPop game has been announced?

#3 10 years ago

Post some pics please and then we can discus it.

#4 10 years ago

???????

#5 10 years ago

It was posted in another thread that this is a foam core mockup meant to entice KISS into giving JPop the license to produce them. I'm not really sure why he would be doing that...

#6 10 years ago

*pure speculation on me

I'm guessing he made this game to show off publicly as RAZA and MG are secret builds.

From the pictures it has his LCD, lighting trellis and art while it seems lacking new toys.

I'm not a kiss fan but the game does look visually pleasing.

I wonder how far out MG and RAZA are?

#7 10 years ago

He said its a project he was going to do later with a friend who won't be with us for long. They did it at Christmas time so the friend was able to participate in it. He has it here to show his cabinet, LCD screen and some lighting features. Very impressive looking.

#9 10 years ago
    Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

I wonder how far out MG and RAZA are?

I wish I knew.

#10 10 years ago

Wow looks cool! I am guessing the playfield isn't finished yet (ramps ect)

image-719.jpgimage-719.jpgimage-984.jpgimage-984.jpg
    image-882.jpgimage-882.jpgimage-786.jpgimage-786.jpgimage-979.jpgimage-979.jpgimage-488.jpgimage-488.jpgimage-14.jpgimage-14.jpgimage-332.jpgimage-332.jpg

#11 10 years ago

Oh yeah, how great does that look! RAZA artwork much better though……..

#12 10 years ago

Looks great! love the artwork

#13 10 years ago

Not a Kiss fan at all, but this does look impressive. Playfield layout and the placing of the monitor makes me wonder wether there is room for any ramps at all. I also don't see any song or mode reeferences, which gives me the impression that this is sort of an early 80s styled layout. Since it's just a mockup (an impressive looking mockup) I guess a lot may change. If John gets a green light on the license he may sell more than he can manufacture.

#14 10 years ago

That actually looks kind of bad-ass. Although with how the playfield is currently designed, I wonder how much actual "game" will be there. Still, very nice artwork.. I'm liking it.

#15 10 years ago

Yes there are ramps....he is working on them at his booth today. He has a load of RAZA artwork at his booth also......unfreakinbelievable art!

#16 10 years ago

I can't believe JPOP didn't put in a giant Gene Simmons tongue mech that pops up from under the playfield & locks (licks) the ball (ala the Trap Door in TOM).

I'm not a Kiss fan or in on any JPOP pre-orders, but I must admit that the artwork & lighting on the mockup looks pretty damn awesome.

#17 10 years ago

Can't stand kiss but this looks really good!

#18 10 years ago

it appears to me that the art reflects the current line up since spaceman does not look like Ace on the Backglass.

Marcus

#19 10 years ago

The cat sure looks like Peter Criss, could just be prototype art.

#20 10 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Oh yeah, how great does that look! RAZA artwork much better though……..

Magic Girl art looks real good also .

#21 10 years ago
    Quoted from trilogybeer:

Magic Girl art looks real good also .

Pics!

#22 10 years ago

It is JPOP so I am sure it will be acceptable as he is one of the best designers of all time in my book.

#23 10 years ago

Sorry no pics . He has stuff there and I believe he will be showing some of it , As far as playfield art he only showed me the lower part . Looks great ! If you look in the last picture that Concretehadt posted of the KISS game you can see some sideboob in black and white in the background , that is Magic girl art.

#25 10 years ago

Is he doing a seminar at the show today?

#26 10 years ago

Wow, what an appealing looking prototype! Even if the game turned out to be simple 80s style pinball, I'd still put my hand up for this machine.

Cheers!
    Adam.

#27 10 years ago

Looks fantastic!

#28 10 years ago
    Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Is he doing a seminar at the show today?

He is going to be working on the game the during the show .

#29 10 years ago

man, if only I could hit the lotto so I could continue to own every JPOP machine

will work for JPOP games

#30 10 years ago

Lower playfield looks a bit busy. The rest of the art package looks great though!

#31 10 years ago

Hard to see in those pics but it looks like that is also the new cab design…….

No mdf panels or cheap wood filler, 100% maple and "patented" no less…...

#32 10 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

No mdf panels or cheap wood filler, 100% maple and "patented" no less…...

This one is made of foam . But it is his new design .

#33 10 years ago

Art

image.jpgimage.jpg image-811.jpgimage-811.jpg image-162.jpgimage-162.jpg
    #34 10 years ago

sweet looking game, not a huge kiss fan but I would own one as it looks great and love the screen placement - screen would work awesome for the concert clips etc.

#35 10 years ago

Is he really going to get me for another deposit when I'm still waiting for RAZA...YES, It looks awesome! Still would like to see some game flow, design and rules for one of his new games.

#36 10 years ago

Quick video from today.

#37 10 years ago

The cabinet art looks really good!

The backglass doesn't look too bad... though it could be improved IMO.

The colors are good.

Paul Stanley's legs are kind of in a weird position (he's standing funny)... the perspective looks a bit off (we can see the top of his boots even though we're looking up at him)... Ace Frehley's jaw looks disjointed.

Overall the silhouette shapes (positive vs. negative space) could be improved (there are plenty of tangents)

Tangents: http://emptyeasel.com/2008/11/18/avoiding-tangents-9-visual-blunders-every-artist-should-watch-out-for/
    Silhouette shapes in art: http://thevirtualinstructor.com/positive-and-negative-space.html

That said, I like the dynamic angles and the colors.

#38 10 years ago

Did Jpop show the new play field art for Raza or just back box above?

#39 10 years ago

I did not see it... I spoke with him a bit about Magic Girl, which he said the prototypes are under way. He is on the panel I am moderating tomorrow, and has been very kind in chatting about the business, so I will make a point to ask on RAZA Sunday.

#40 10 years ago

He just posted the play field art on the blog which looks great, can you ask him when he thinks MG and RAZA will be ready for production. Thanks for all the videos btw C2C!

#41 10 years ago

Peter Criss & Ace Frehley are NOT on the games graphics so I am not interested.

#42 10 years ago

I asked directly about MG and he told me he wanted to finish prototypes, bring to shows and produce.... Sounded like as soon as possible, but he was the first to admit these games are a huge undertaking as far as building/production. I want to be a little more clear as to what was on and what was off the record before I say anymore.

#43 10 years ago

JPOP is my favorite designer and his artistic talents and vision are unmatched IMO. Pity the only game of his I will probably ever own is WCS. Too rich for me, but I envy those who are in on his new games. They should be nothing short of stunning.

#44 10 years ago

Eat yer heart out Stern

#45 10 years ago

I really like the art and layout of JPOP B/W games but every one of them falls extremely short on rules and longevity. to those in on his pins, I REALLY hope he has someone doing the rules correctly. because of that he is my LEAST favorite designer.
    Kiss LOOKS amazing, but for all we know rules won't be any deeper than the 1979 Kiss.

#46 10 years ago

Thinking Jpop should focus on Magic Girl and RAZA right now; considering AMH was started before both of them and is already done

#47 10 years ago

Kick ass!

#48 10 years ago

these pictures do not do this machine justice. Visually this clearly stood out and just popped.

#49 10 years ago
    Quoted from acef:

Peter Criss & Ace Frehley are NOT on the games graphics so I am not interested.

They could have a small tribute to them but as there not in the band anymore I'm not surprised I to would love the originals on the pin.

#50 10 years ago
    Quoted from HighProtein:

Eat yer heart out Stern

Ya i'm sure they are shaking in their boots. How many are available for sale as of right now???

There are 112 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jpops-kiss-prototype-game-at-mgc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.