(Topic ID: 7688)

JJP released prototype cabinet photo

By absocountry2

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

woz-right2.jpg
    woz-left2.jpg
    pinball.jpg
    There are 75 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 12 years ago
    Quoted from Sunfox:

I'm still amazed that people find the thought of a blank screen when the machine is off such a big deal.

Indeed. I don't exactly stand around admiring my machines when they're turned off anyway.

#52 12 years ago
    Quoted from Sunfox:

I'm still amazed that people find the thought of a blank screen when the machine is off such a big deal. What do your computer monitors and televisions look like when they're off? Do they bug you hugely in that state?

Well ,I guess since I brought it up I assume you are taking to me ?

It was just an observation

Don't worry ,I will still think you are cool , when you take delivery of your Woz

Jim

#53 12 years ago
    Quoted from jarjarisgod:

I don't exactly stand around admiring my machines when they're turned off anyway

Yeah right !

Jim

#54 12 years ago
    Quoted from McCune:

Well ,I guess since I brought it up I assume you are taking to me ?
    It was just an observation
    Don't worry ,I will still think you are cool , when you take delivery of your Woz
    Jim

Don't take it personally, this very point has already been discussed quite a bit in other forums - you're just the latest to bring it up.

#55 12 years ago
    Quoted from jimjim66:

but I do hope they think about the maintenance end.

They are making it maintenance friendly. it has been discussed. Jack knows what it takes. From what they have showed us even the boards will be sockets. Even including a parts kit.

Quoted from Firebaall:

It's crap, and anybody with a 20 minute tutorial on photoshop could make garbage like that. That's a fact.

Please show us your version. Always good to see more ideas.

Quoted from Honch:

Looks like more of the Stern style photo-shopping instead of real artwork.

It is photoshopped, they said that, just trying to keep us informed.

#56 12 years ago

I want Stern & JJP to succeed as it is the competition that is moving pinball forward finally.

Personally I do not care for the WOZ theme at all but I am sure if you like WOZ, then this pin will not disappoint. On location it should attract way more families and girls into pinball so that cannot be a bad thing.

As for theme, I really hope JJP picks a good theme for number 2. Stern has been picking good themes of late and AC-DC will hit another, different market. And with SR designing it, it should be an adrenalin fest

However you now have to buy a LE really and at the price they command, I would really like to see better quality control and an overall feeling of solidity that Bally/Williams have.

Looking good overall though and the next year or two should see some really great pins

#57 12 years ago

Cabinet art looks great.

Backglass (the part above the screen) could use a bit more lighting behind it (maybe just poor rendering, though - it's really hard to simulate translucent surfaces. )

The dark green legs and side-rail/lockdown bar look GREAT, and I like how the side rails extend down to protect the flipper button area.

Damn, no buyin button?
    That's too bad - I think the Buyin feature is a good one from the perspective of an operator. I don't know about anyone else, but having a means for people to spend 1 credit to get 1/3rd of a game instead of 1 game, sounds like a good way to improve collection. And as a player, I like it, because it gives me an out for that "ARGH, JUST THREE SHOTS AWAY FROM WIZ MODE!" situation. As long as the scores are on separate charts, it's fair (and more slots to put initials up in is more fun)... I do totally understand the arguments against it, and in a home situation, I'd turn it off, or avoid it as a matter of honor, but on location, it's probably good or harmless for all involved.

#58 12 years ago

Wait, I thought this was a woz themed pinball?

pinball.jpgpinball.jpg

#59 12 years ago

i think it would be hillarious if they were punking us this whole time. i woulnd't be surprised to see the wicked witch & flying monkees on the cabinet when the finished product arrives. That would be pure genius on their part.

#60 12 years ago
    Quoted from davewtf:

i think it would be hillarious if they were punking us this whole time. i woulnd't be surprised to see the wicked witch & flying monkees on the cabinet when the finished product arrives. That would be pure genius on their part.

Yea, right? It's funny to think how Jack has this sorta rock-star attitude and bashes Stern, but that the theme of WOZ is rather emasculated to say the least... Just sayin'.

Like I said originally, I do hope this does well. I want there to be more than one pin company out there.

#61 12 years ago
    Quoted from Sunfox:

Don't take it personally, this very point has already been discussed quite a bit in other forums - you're just the latest to bring it up.

Not at all ! I guess is should just keep my mouth shut on WOZ because I really don't care about it.

Jim

#62 12 years ago

I can't say I'm a fan of the theme, but the first thing that jumps out at me is that it looks like they took the shot when poor Judy had her eyes closed. And whats up with the good witches wand sticking up behind her head (should have been two fingers). I've seen the movie and get the scene...just seems a poor shot to use.

#63 12 years ago

Her eyes *are* closed, because she's thinking about Kansas and saying "there's no place like home". Or I guess in this case, "there's no place like New Jersey!"

Besides, that's just a random movie screenshot. The only time that would ever be on the actual machine is if it's playing that specific movie clip.

#64 12 years ago
    Quoted from wizzardz:

I can't say I'm a fan of the theme

But your pintag is "wizzardz"? Well ok then....

I haven't been on here for awhile, easily months, but I log in, and this is first forum I read???

Shit one update from JJP and 40-50 comments in 16 hours of how you don't like the theme, or your "man card" should be taken away if you buy one? lol Are we now justifying our manhood with pins? How short-sighted can you be when those who have bought this pin are supporting the growth of a new company, and are looking for something different than what has been cranked out lately?

Has this turned into RGP? or are you a bunch of bitches holding your so-called "man-cards" talking about a picture attached to an update mail?

Isn't this what Facebook is for? (Oh, just sayin'....JC)

#65 12 years ago
    Quoted from VT8man:

Has this turned into RGP

What is wrong with RGP ? Is that where you have been hanging lately ?

Jim

#66 12 years ago
    Quoted from McCune:

Not at all ! I guess is should just keep my mouth shut on WOZ because I really don't care about it.

I'm in the same boat as you Jim. Since I don't like what I've seen so far, I should probably just leave it alone. On the flip side I hope these games turn out to be great, because if they come up with a theme I like, I may be buying my first NIB.

#67 12 years ago

Wizard of Oz is Great!....BUT, I'm still waiting for the Forbidden Planet pin..........just sayin'

#68 12 years ago
    Quoted from VT8man:

How short-sighted can you be when those who have bought this pin are supporting the growth of a new company, and are looking for something different than what has been cranked out lately?

Well said!

#69 12 years ago

Johnny Mnemonic, The Shadow, Congo, are all cinematic failures, and themes I don't care for. That being said, I'd still own any one of them because of their proven gameplay fun. The Wizard of Oz is one of the top movies of all time, but the theme isn't super strong with most pinheads. I'm hoping the gameplay redeems it for the sceptics, and I'm thinking it will.

#70 12 years ago
    Quoted from Sunfox:

Besides, that's just a random movie screenshot. The only time that would ever be on the actual machine is if it's playing that specific movie clip.

Got that its from a significant scene. While the backbox might change, I doubt the cabinet side art will change any during game play.

#71 12 years ago
    Quoted from VT8man:

But your pintag is "wizzardz"? Well ok then....

I guess this should mean I like all pins with any variation of wizard? While I am refinishing a (bad) wizard, I'm not a big fan of Cue Ball Wizard, Tommy Pinball Wizard or WOZ theme. I guess with taste like that I should just abandon my pintag in favor of TastlessOldPinHead

Quoted from VT8man:

lol Are we now justifying our manhood with pins?

No need...I have a trophy wife and sports cars for that. But if I was...a WOZ pin wouldn't be the recommended pin for it.

Quoted from VT8man:

How short-sighted can you be when those who have bought this pin are supporting the growth of a new company, and are looking for something different than what has been cranked out lately?

While a new company cranking out pins is most certainly welcome, not sure how you differentiate WOZ as being different from the other licensed movie themed pins being produced.

#72 12 years ago
    Quoted from wizzardz:

While the backbox might change, I doubt the cabinet side art will change any during game play.

This cabinet art has been discussed. It tells the story. That is a different thread.

The backbox will change. It is a monitor. They can have movies playing or any screenshot they want to show. I bet if you line up 200 pins all bright with LEDS in full attract mode with one machine in there with a video backbox and let people walk by see which ones they stop to look at, a video playing will win nearly every time.

#73 12 years ago
    Quoted from wizzardz:

I have a trophy wife

Really ? Lets see some pictures ,real ones !

Jim

#74 12 years ago
    Quoted from davewtf:

Will the cabinet art be the same on both sides? Any reason for us to think that it will/won't be? On a few occasions, Jack indicated that the left side of the pin was the evil/dark side, and the right side was the good (as in the opposite of evil, not the opposite of bad) side.

#75 12 years ago

Will the cabinet art be the same on both sides? Any reason for us to think that it will/won't be? On a few occasions, Jack indicated that the left side of the pin was the evil/dark side, and the right side was the good (as in the opposite of evil, not the opposite of bad) side.

The left and right art will be different. The front left side is the beginning of the story with Dorothy on the yellow brick road and the right front side ends with her closing her eyes when she says "There's no place like home".

Left...

woz-left2.jpgwoz-left2.jpg

Right...

woz-right2.jpgwoz-right2.jpg

There are 75 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-released-prototype-cabinet-photo/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.