(Topic ID: 16418)

It's a Miracle that nobody posted this (Capt Nemo) yet!

By WienerWuerstel

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 52 posts
  • 32 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by TigerLaw
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

submarine-004.gif

There are 52 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 11 years ago

Like always I lurked around on YT searching for my Pinball Fix and look what I found!

This Pin looks so awesome and I dig the Artwork and LCD Placement on this Machine.
    Are there any Pinsiders who already preordered it?

Post edited by absocountry2 : Edited title

#2 11 years ago

Thanks for posting this as I never heard anything about this pin, etc. I like the placement of the LCD as well. It makes so your eyes dont have to look up off the PF to check the DMD and lose track of the ball as you quickly glanced up.

#3 11 years ago

Looks really cool. I believe Pinball News has a write up about it.

#4 11 years ago

Reserved one. Rommy, you're slacking. Jump on this now! Only 30 available. Don't wait.

#5 11 years ago
    Quoted from docscott:

Reserved one. Rommy, you're slacking. Jump on this now! Only 30 available. Don't wait.

How much is this pin going for? The future of pinball looks good with so many different types of pins coming out in the future. I like the layout on this pin. I would put in a real coindoor though. When are you getting yours docscott?

#6 11 years ago
    Quoted from Jeff_PHX_AZ:

docscott said:Reserved one. Rommy, you're slacking. Jump on this now! Only 30 available. Don't wait.
    How much is this pin going for? The future of pinball looks good with so many different types of pins coming out in the future. I like the layout on this pin. I would put in a real coindoor though. When are you getting yours docscott?

Worst case scenerio on delivery is eight months from Sept, at least thats what they say. Hey, it'll be sooner than ZA and who knows, at the rate we're going... maybe sooner than WOZ lol.

#7 11 years ago
    Quoted from docscott:

Worst case scenerio on delivery is eight months from Sept, at least thats what they say. Hey, it'll be sooner than ZA and who knows, at the rate we're going... maybe sooner than WOZ lol.

So what's the details?

#8 11 years ago

Here is a Link (http://www.pinballnews.com/news/nemo/index.html) to the Captain Nemo Pinball News Article with Price and Release Date Infos.

It's great to see that not every good Pinball Machine is made in the USA .

#9 11 years ago
    Quoted from WienerWuerstel:

It's great to see that not every good Pinball Machine is made in the USA

Why would you say this for?

Quoted from WienerWuerstel:

This Pin looks so awesome and I dig the Artwork and LCD Placement on this Machine.

I agree fully with this!

#10 11 years ago
    Quoted from Jeff_PHX_AZ:

Why would you say this for?

I said it because it's great to have an European Team/Company working on a new and aweosme Pinball Machine.

And I added the Smiley for a Reason .

#11 11 years ago

This has been posted about before. Not a miracle, but pretty cool

#12 11 years ago

I wanted to see some game play.Looks cool.

#13 11 years ago

I'm always a bit dubious in dealing with foreign entities. If they take your money and never ship you a machine what are you going to do about it other than complain? You would have no or limited (and expensive) access to their legal system.

#14 11 years ago

Best...Machine....Ever

#15 11 years ago

WOW!! Too bad I have to go to Europe to play it.

#16 11 years ago

Interesting DMD placement. I also would like to see some game play.

#17 11 years ago

With exchange rates right now it will be expensive in the US.

#18 11 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

I'm always a bit dubious in dealing with foreign entities. If they take your money and never ship you a machine what are you going to do about it other than complain? You would have no or limited (and expensive) access to their legal system.

Don't you have credit card purchase protection in the US?

I was surprised how little coverage this one has been getting, I jumped on the preorder list last week, the theme and artwork were too good to resist.

#19 11 years ago

Who would be the first importer into the U.S. ?

#20 11 years ago
    Quoted from system11:

Don't you have credit card purchase protection in the US?

Your point is well taken; this is the reverse discussion of another thread going on right now. The issue is the time delay and the extent of any potential fraud. You are "on a clock" to report the fraud to your credit card company, so your deposit would be gone for sure . . . and they could probably string you along a bit with the shipping to make the bulk of your purchase payment be in jeopardy as well.

The game looks cool though. If an American retailer had the machine in stock I would be interested in it.

#21 11 years ago

I'm finding this quite entertaining.

Living in Europe, we had to come to terms with buying from overseas long ago.

Of course, since they're making machines and sending them out of the door as they get built, anyone in the latter part of the 30 will have already heard whether or not early people got their machines OK before their final payment is taken. There is that to consider.

#22 11 years ago

Saw this a while back and I loved the theme but not sure they've done all they could have with it.
    I'm not interested in buying EVERY new pin out there just because I can, and speculating on whether it may be rare or valuable one day. Especially not from an unproven commodity who hasn't shown much on the game in general and is on another continent. I'll leave that to the "collectors" in the hobby

Maybe if I lived in Europe, things would be different.

Are there any more videos showing how this game actually plays?
    I think that with systems like PROC, your going to start seeing a lot of upstarts coming up with boutique pins. Hell, I may release a limited design of my own.
    Who wants to send me some money? LOL!!!

#23 11 years ago

I'm eager to see what the actual game is like too, but with only 30 slots I jumped in. The theme is just the sort of thing I was looking for. Money does not have to change hands until there's a finished prototype, so there's not really any risk there. I look at it, and it reminds me of a System 11 with a fancy display. If it plays like that, I'll be a happy man.

What's interesting is comparing Predator to Nemo. We've seen a lot of Predator running now, but nothing in the way of how it will look aside from some cab decals and a translite. For Nemo, we've seen no gameplay, but the artwork and parts seem to be quite evolved now (and that art is really fantastic). Be nice to see it with plastics on too.

#24 11 years ago

Sounds like someone is playing an AC/DC pin next to the Nemo pin in the video...

#25 11 years ago
    Quoted from VegasAlleycat:

Sounds like someone is playing an AC/DC pin next to the Nemo pin in the video...

Really? i could have sworn i heard the rolling stones? Anyway, looks an ok game i guess. Hope to see one at the next UK pinshow...

#26 11 years ago

Maybe someone willing will have one in time for the 2013 show, the next one is in a few months.

1 month later
    #28 11 years ago

You can now find 3 videos on Youtube of Captain Nemo (look for Quetzal Pinball), and a few new pictures on Quetzal website.
    http://quetzalpinball.com/menu/gallery

and here is message from Antonio Ortuño, forwarded with permission:

Finally!! last Friday I presented the prototype in Murcia.
    For almost two hours and half, all attendees could test the machine, and despite the simplicity of the rules that had been programmed for presentation, They were able to see the variety of shots that have the playfield, and the possibilities provided by the LCD.
    For the event, I put on the plastic set with a preliminary design that you can see in the attachments.

The next event will be within 3 weeks in Valencia

Regards

#29 11 years ago

That looks like one sweet machine!!

submarine-004.gifsubmarine-004.gif

#30 11 years ago

Cool w/ me that some new pins being manufactured outside the USA.
    Artwork looks good to me. Hope it turns out to be awesome.
    Thanks for posting. I didn't know about it.

#31 11 years ago

got an update today, with some pics. It was shown at a show recently in Europe, with another show coming up. In the last update they opined a Sept delivery. Don't know if they're on track for that delivery time. I do have one ordered. What's the best way to have one shipped here? All the way across the bleeding Atlantic and then to Arizona? I have no idea.

#32 11 years ago

Not crazy about the theme, but looks nice and 30 is a really low run.

#33 11 years ago
    Quoted from docscott:

got an update today, with some pics. It was shown at a show recently in Europe, with another show coming up. In the last update they opined a Sept delivery. Don't know if they're on track for that delivery time. I do have one ordered. What's the best way to have one shipped here? All the way across the bleeding Atlantic and then to Arizona? I have no idea.

Doc:

I climbed aboard earlier this week amd received pre-order confirmation.

Any chance you might forward me the update you got?

Dan

#34 11 years ago

Docscott....have a freight forwarder handle it for you. They will do the pickup, bring it to an ocean carrier, handle all the documentation, customs brokerage, cargo insurance and delivery right to your door. Plus they will walk you through all the info required. When ready, pm me.

#35 11 years ago
    Quoted from Vyzer2:

Docscott....have a freight forwarder handle it for you. They will do the pickup, bring it to an ocean carrier, handle all the documentation, customs brokerage, cargo insurance and delivery right to your door. Plus they will walk you through all the info required. When ready, pm me.

The customs part will be the PITA. I bought some wood artwork in Thailand and had it shipped back to the US. I had to bite my tongue a few times when dealing with the US customs folks.... I know if I went off they would of probably just made me life more miserable....

#36 11 years ago
    Quoted from Vyzer2:

Yes, you can go sea freight, but air freight isn't as expensive as people think, and it's just so much faster.

I've always used air freight for my imports and it's worked out very well. Prices are coming down a little now, and the last quote I got from Spain to Chicago was about $850. Heck, you can't get NAVL to take one across the US for less than $400, so it's almost a bargain.

Quoted from marksf123:

The customs part will be the PITA. I bought some wood artwork in Thailand and had it shipped back to the US. I had to bite my tongue a few times when dealing with the US customs folks.... I know if I went off they would of probably just made me life more miserable....

This is where a customs broker is priceless. For about $120 they take all the hassle away. You won't have to do a thing. It's definitely worth the money....

#37 11 years ago

Yep you can go either way (air or seafreight), ocean would be cheaper in any case. A customs house broker...priceless. Ha, navl wanted 699 to go from Rochester ny to northern nj..what rip off.

#38 11 years ago

No for me...made in the USA only!...

#39 11 years ago

Wish that were true ice...but half the shit you own is made somewhere else......pb's, now thats a different story

#40 11 years ago
    Quoted from docscott:

How did I miss this post? Man I am full up over here, with more on the way. I'll have to put machines in the bathrooms if everyone delivers lol . I'll have to come up to your place to play Nemo brother. Let's bet - BHZA, Predator, or Nemo shows up first?

#41 11 years ago
    Quoted from rommy:

Let's bet - BHZA, Predator, or Nemo shows up first?

LMAO! You can now toss in Animal House as well (from other thread about the British Company). Clearly, some of these pins are going to made and delivered and some will not make it for whatever reason (I sure wish Kingpin would be made, but that looks to have fallen off the list).

#42 11 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

You can now toss in Animal House as well

Ok... . New bet then...sheesh, I mean they have a whitewood and something in a cabinet, better toss them in - Which will show first - BHZA , Nemo , Predator , or Circe Animal House ? I'll bet now that Stern's next shows up first lol. scratch that, not part of bet.

#43 11 years ago
    Quoted from rommy:

New bet then...sheesh, I mean they have a whitewood and something in a cabinet, better toss them in - Which will show first - BHZA , Nemo , Predator , or Circe Animal House ?

They also claim they have professional investors behind them for Animal House and are designing a simpler pinball machine.....and are targeting operators of all people and not the home market. Very interesting.

Quoted from docscott:

got an update today, with some pics. It was shown at a show recently in Europe, with another show coming up. In the last update they opined a Sept delivery.

With this being the case I assume Nemo will win the race out of the door as they are talking about shipping in two months; even with expected a 200% delay they still ship this year. Of course, Nemo is only doing 30 machines . . . ridiculously small run. Did anyone on pinside play the machine at the show it was at?

#44 11 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

I assume Nemo will win the race out of the door

Well, if that's right it sure will. I know there was a thread here about this from a couple months back from the dev. Still, that's not a lot of news. Did they make it in 6 months or has it been in development for 2 years and they just waited to announce when they were closer to delivery? I am not into the Nemo theme, BUT, if it's cool that would not be a deal killer. Setting it up in the bathroom, not so cool . Scott, we may need an unboxing party for this one!

#45 11 years ago

What.....where is Animal House!.....The Germans bombed Pearl Harbor.....Nemo sucks IMO and will never be delivered like Predator..although Predator could be great!

#46 11 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

What.....where is Animal House!.....The Germans bombed Pearl Harbor.....

Ah, iceman, you gotta stalk these message boards 24 hours a day like I have been doing while working on a contract off and on...otherwise you'll never keep up! Animal House by a Brit developer that says they are not going to be a boutique but a mainstream developer. Interesting looking project. LCD integrated into the playfield too.

#48 11 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

With this being the case I assume Nemo will win the race out of the door as they are talking about shipping in two months; even with expected a 200% delay they still ship this year. Of course, Nemo is only doing 30 machines . . . ridiculously small run. Did anyone on pinside play the machine at the show it was at?

I think only the prototype will be finished in September. They made a show in southern spain end of june, will present it in Valencia in July, and the game should be presented for the european pinball championship in September - I intend to see it there (not because I am good enough to participate to EPC, but I happen to be in Madrid for work at the same time !!).

From what I understood, production will start then. People will be asked to contribute part of the cost at that time (preordering was for free ! You could (can ?) still be listed, if the list is not full !)
    Machines will be delivered from then, the last one mid 2013, but I assume the earliest clients may get it before.

#49 11 years ago

Wi-fi connectivity is included to allow scores to be uploaded or software downloaded, while the source code for the game will be made publicly available to allow developers to extend or modify the rules.

Niiiiiiiice...

That's the kind of features that will put a dent in any other manufacturer who doesn't have such functionality.

I believe that the first decent game that is released on a large scale which allows the users to alter the ruleset will completely re-define pinball. Someone out there will create a ruleset which blows away what others have been doing and the rulesets will end up being traded and shared, making the games that much more desirable.

#50 11 years ago

Looking forward to playing this. Andy Heighway has confirmed one to appear at the UK Pinball Party this year

There are 52 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/its-a-miracle-that-nobody-posted-this-yet and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.