Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by jathomp22
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

I've been offered a really nice TSPP in trade. I have limited experience with the pin and want to keep things family friendly. With that in mind...let me ask a question:

I've only played TSPP maybe 2 or 3 games before so only mention the 'family friendly' aspect because when I used to watch the Simpsons when it first came out I would laugh my a** off but always think that I'd never let my kids watch it. Fast forward many, many years and now with a family I've never let my kids watch just because I hammer into them respect, kindness, etc. I don't want my boys to be Barts if you know what I mean.

How are the callouts and such on TSPP? I would shy away from crude humor if possible. We entertain a lot and there are frequently a lot of kids who come over.

Also, I know TSPP is supposed to be really deep. Is it easy to understand, however? My boys don't play a lot of pinball so I try to get some games which they can pop on and actually have fun with because they are not going to go very deep into the game.

Thanks for the input. It would be great to hear if any other guys with kids who have similar convictions can share their experience with TSPP.

#2 10 years ago

If you would let your kids watch The Simpsons, then you would let them play this pinball game. That's how I look at it.

Since you won't let them watch the show, why would you ever consider a machine based on the show? That's a firm no frickin' way, as far as I'm concerned.

#4 10 years ago

That is basically my thought process but I figured I'd at least throw it out there. I have an AC/DC Premium which I traded for because I liked the game play so much but will end up trading it for a Williams IJ in the near future only because of the theme. I don't want to end up in a similar situation. Besides, I already have the very deep LOTR to scratch the itch for deep play. I appreciate the input.

#5 10 years ago

Theme yes but although I'm 14 I don't mind a challange but if their under 6 it may be a bit too in depth for them as it is the most I depth game in pinball but they gotta start somewhere

About the crude language you can turn them off in the settings or via a family friendly rom (I think)
All depends on the age and if the language is appropriate for them

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinballgeek:

Theme yes but although I'm 14 I don't mind a challange but if their under 6 it may be a bit too in depth for them as it is the most I depth game in pinball but they gotta start somewhere

I think some of the basic objectives are pretty easy, aren't they? Like, shoot the garage door, open it, then cram a ball in there... put balls in the couch, etc.

I think the game is deep for good players, and simple enough for people who have no idea what's going on to complete something...

I've played it a few times, and while I've never gotten very far, I have always felt like I knew what I to do...

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

I think some of the basic objectives are pretty easy, aren't they? Like, shoot the garage door, open it, then cram a ball in there... put balls in the couch, etc.
I think the game is deep for good players, and simple enough for people who have no idea what's going on to complete something...
I've played it a few times, and while I've never gotten very far, I have always felt like I knew what I to do...

True I know the basic objectives to get to multiball and start modes but Bowen Kerin makes the game so easy on the tutorial on papa's website and I won't get towards the wizard mode just yet but if you own the machine you will become better at it as you can play it quite regularly

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinballgeek:

About the crude language you can turn them off in the settings or via a family friendly rom (I think)
All depends on the age and if the language is appropriate for them

They will be 11 and 12 this upcoming summer. We will watch action flicks that are PG-13 and try not to shelter them too much. However, we also entertain a lot and have younger ones who come over. Interesting thought on the language. I wish there was one nearby I could get a lot of games on to see.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#9 10 years ago

It isn't as bad a FGuy!! That I'd say no to but TSPP really doesn't have any crass call outs. None that I think oh, better notes my kids here that.

Family friendly, I'd say yes (I have a 6yr old and 3yr old. Both girls!)

#10 10 years ago

My 8 year old plays it all the time, really no harsh language in there that I recall.

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

They will be 11 and 12 this upcoming summer. We will watch action flicks that are PG-13 and try not to shelter them too much. However, we also entertain a lot and have younger ones who come over. Interesting thought on the language. I wish there was one nearby I could get a lot of games on to see.

Oh 11 and 12 fair enough when I went to a show when I was that age with my dad the only machine I was eager to play on was tspp and I entered the kids comp against a scotsman and Spanish due and got 32 mil I was pleased
And still to this day if my dad had the money I wish he could own one

#12 10 years ago

11 and 12 year olds have heard much worse than what is on TSPP. Homer says holy crap when bonus exceeds 10mil, moe says shut up everybody, we have a player here, that's the worst of it. There is reference to beer and some burping. I let my 9 and 6 year old play all the time.

I think there may be a setting to turn off adult humor, what a mistake that would be.

It's deep and complex, but not that hard to follow for basic play. Hit the garage and open it, shoot it again, hit ball behind the tv, then on to couch. Read the rules to learn more.

#13 10 years ago

I found TSPP to be very frustrating to play when I found one. Theres one in an airport I always fly through, and I usually end up one or two games deep before moving on to a different machine. Maybe I'm more of a flow guy, but sometimes kids have a pretty flimsy attention span as well.

#14 10 years ago

TSPP has an option to turn family mode on. Just throwing that out there.

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

TSPP has an option to turn family mode on. Just throwing that out there.

What he said!!! Simpsons is fine for the age group that your children are (IMO)! Play it yourself first and if you think it's too R rated turn family mode on. There is nothing on playfield or within the artwork that will make anyone uncomfortable, unless beer drinking is taboo! Great game, if you have the chance to get one I recommend it!!!

#16 10 years ago

no profanity simple to understand not like LOTR deep rule set fun game

#17 10 years ago

My 8 year old keeps asking me why I got rid of TSPP. I would like one back again someday.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 218.00
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 59.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 16.00
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

6,899 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sioux Falls, SD
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 45.95
$ 174.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Youngstown, OH
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-tspp-family-friendly and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.