image-459.jpg
image-371.jpg
image-925.jpg
image-745.jpg
image-546.jpg
image-148.jpg
image.jpg
#1 10 years ago

I know this is a stupid and probably asked 1000 times n00b question, but here it goes anyway.

My Mylar looks to me like it was put down OVER playfield damage. It also looks like inserts were replaced prior to being sanded. And it looks like the Mylar overlaps in many places and it results in the edge bubble look.

So I was just wondering if this Mylar was factory or aftermarket. I have not yet decided what I want to do with this pin yet but I can see a complete tear down and rebuild. It would be a true task to fix the graphics and would be fun. I don't think it is in all that bad of shape. Unless my neophyte eye sucks that bad. And that is entirely possible!

So here are some shots for your perusal. The last picture shows that the pin has ted's approval.

image.jpgimage.jpg image-148.jpgimage-148.jpg image-546.jpgimage-546.jpg image-745.jpgimage-745.jpg image-459.jpgimage-459.jpg image-371.jpgimage-371.jpg image-925.jpgimage-925.jpg image-790.jpgimage-790.jpg
#2 10 years ago

I'd say that it is very possible that Mylar was put on after the fact once damage was starting to show up, especially around the slingshots like it appears in some of the pics. Don't know why someone would put Mylar over Mylar unless they were afraid to remove the old stuff.

Frank

#3 10 years ago

Factory mylar would be made to fit close to the edges of drop targets, slingshots, ect....So like gamefreakfrank said they just layed mylar over mylar with no real pattern.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

2,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
South Kingstown, RI
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 52.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Tools
Pincoder Store

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Denver, CO
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-this-factory-mylar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.