• Latest reply 9 years ago by MrBally
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Btc_the_more_you_know-313.jpg
Btc_the_more_you_know.jpg
There are 67 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 10 years ago

I contacted the seller and he wants immediate payment by paypal only but the machine can't be picked up until the beginning of April. The seller has good feedback though. Here is the link:
ebay.com link: itm

#2 10 years ago

Little suspicious to me. Why do you have to wait a month to get it??

#3 10 years ago

Yeah why won't they accept cash on pickup?

#4 10 years ago

"Appointment only after Lenten holidays"

Is the seller Jesus? Isn't that like a six week holiday?

#5 10 years ago

He didn't say why the machine could not be picked til April?

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from Noahs_Arcade:

"Appointment only after Lenten holidays"
Is the seller Jesus? Isn't that like a six week holiday?

Every year, Lent begins on Ash Wednesday and ends on Holy Saturday. During this time, observers practice fasting, repentance, moderation and spiritual discipline. This is meant to imitate Jesus Christ’s actions and reflect on his life, death and resurrection.

#7 10 years ago

This was his response when I asked him when the machine could be picked up

Hello:

I actually travel for work overseas...and do to the horrific weather we have had many schedule changes because of delayed flights, etc. our listing shows our return last week in March/beginning of April. However, I have had many inquiries from buyers asking for dates not conflicting with Easter time and holidays. Because the machine is valued at $7,000 plus...many don't mind the wait or do not need asap..and prefer the price. I appreciate your questions and good luck.

regards.

- augustusauggie123

#8 10 years ago

I would stay away

#10 10 years ago

Don, anyone who tells you that FG is valued at $7k is not to be trusted, IMHO. In any case, you should at least be able to see the machine in person. I wouldn't buy from someone who won't allow an on-site inspection.

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from Don44:

Hello:
I actually travel for work overseas...and do to the horrific weather we have had many schedule changes because of delayed flights, etc. our listing shows our return last week in March/beginning of April. However, I have had many inquiries from buyers asking for dates not conflicting with Easter time and holidays. Because the machine is valued at $7,000 plus...many don't mind the wait or do not need asap..and prefer the price. I appreciate your questions and good luck.
regards.
- augustusauggie123

Let him sell his golden brick to a $7k buyer. I would move on. He's full of shit.

#12 10 years ago

Yea, It's up over my budget right now anyway. I have always wanted a fgy though. Some day. I hope somebody doesn't get ripped off on this one.

#13 10 years ago

Is saving a couple hundreds bucks worth the risk of the other thousands of dollars?

#14 10 years ago

There will be more and from trusted sellers. If there is one thing I've learned, it's that there is always another deal around the corner. Hope you land that FG eventually.

#15 10 years ago

I have a fg for sale

#16 10 years ago

That wording is like every Craigslist scam ever written....I would caution to stay away........do a search here for "craigslist scams".

#17 10 years ago

If it's a scam, I didn't know ebay scams were possible.

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from Don44:

They are when they move beyond the statute of paypal limitations!

X amount of days after the purchase, the transaction is assumed kosher by both parties. Anything beyond that time frame can't be faught or disputed.

So by this person stating that you can pay them and have the machine in 6 weeks, they're essentially voiding the buyer protection that paypal offers.

Also, just another FYI, people who commit scams on the internet purposely use incorrect grammar. They want to bait the most gullible person possible so they know that person will follow through to the end. I know people ignore basic sentence structure on the internet, but look out for incorrect words (ie. they're, their or there, or in this one due and do, etc.) or lack of punctuation when dealing with these types of people.

If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is!

Btc_the_more_you_know-313.jpgBtc_the_more_you_know-313.jpg

#19 10 years ago

?. If you even think for a second "is this a scam?" and you are on Ebay, RUN.

Quoted from Don44:

#20 10 years ago

That is the best grammar from a scammer ever!

Quoted from Don44:This was his response when I asked him when the machine could be picked up
Hello:
regards.
- augustusauggie123

#21 10 years ago

I would almost guarantee this is a scam. Beware!

First off he sold a Family Guy Machine in November, look back at his feedback. I specifically looked for this when I saw this post.

Why? Because I won a Family Guy pinball machine from this very seller in early December. Before I paid I noticed the previous feedback and questioned him. He said they (the buyer in November) could not coordinate a pickup and he refunded the buyer his money. I thought it was very weird the guy would leave positive feedback. The previous feedback raised a small red flag, but then he said I could not pick up till the end of January. I advised him that would not work and I would not be paying him. He agreed, but after closing it through Ebay, he asked me to leave him positive feedback and said it would be beneficial to both of us. Of course, I refused.

I don't know what the story is with his delayed pick-up, but this has a giant red flag all over it and I would stay as far away as possible.

This is from my 2013 history, the sale price was a BIN @ $3500
Stern Family Guy Pinball Machine - Tournament Play - Mint... (141133215806)
augustusauggie123 | 83 | 98.2%
Sale date: 12/04/13

#22 10 years ago

Looking at the auction you posted. He fed me the same bullshit about too many moving trucks. What a douche!

#23 10 years ago

You get 45 days to dispute a transaction. This would fall in that window how does this scam work? In the past I have not been able to withdraw this amount of money via paypal until the transaction was completed.

#24 10 years ago

I bought FG from this seller. I got nervous because he kept getting delayed on his trip and it looked like he sold the same family guy in October. On the positive I did get my money back. I am not really sure what to make out of it.

#25 10 years ago

No one takes pics of a machine just to leave the country & open an ebay auction for a sale that can't be picked up for months.

It's a scam to wait out the paypal period IMO

#26 10 years ago
Quoted from cantbfrank:

I bought FG from this seller. I got nervous because he kept getting delayed on his trip and it looked like he sold the same Family Guy in October. On the positive I did get my money back. I am not really sure what to make out of it.

Ahh I see - Looks like he strings you out for 30 days and then simply tries to string you out for 2 more weeks…

#27 10 years ago
Quoted from coz6:

You get 45 days to dispute a transaction. This would fall in that window how does this scam work? In the past I have not been able to withdraw this amount of money via paypal until the transaction was completed.

6 weeks = 42 days

If you account for shipping taking more than 3 days then you're at that mark. By the time the person would be wondering "Hey where is my hypothetical machine?" somewhere around day 46-47, it would be too late!

#28 10 years ago

Guess that means I have the winning bid then.

#29 10 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Guess that means I have the winning bid then.

Guess that means you string him along for awhile.

#30 10 years ago
Quoted from Craig:

Don, anyone who tells you that FG is valued at $7k is not to be trusted, IMHO. In any case, you should at least be able to see the machine in person. I wouldn't buy from someone who won't allow an on-site inspection.

Quoted from underlord:

Let him sell his golden brick to a $7k buyer. I would move on. He's full of shit.

Agreed. The moment someone tells you that FG is valued at over $7k they are full of shit right off the bat. I would stay away. Piss on him.

#31 10 years ago

Sold $3725.00

Regards...

#32 10 years ago
Quoted from Don44:

Hello:
regards.
- augustusauggie123

Is this your first day on the planet

#33 10 years ago

This is what I got:

Josh,

Please note, we are travelling back and forth the next month. Either way, our appointment time is end of march/beginning of April as some buyers who emailed are away for Spring Break/EASTER and that accommodates holidays as well.

Good luck.

- augustusauggie123

#34 10 years ago
Quoted from Dellamarmalade:

I assumed it was a scam, I just never saw a scam on ebay before.

#35 10 years ago
Quoted from Dellamarmalade:

Often it is the case that good people do not immediately assume the worst about others. Give Don a break.

#36 10 years ago

why not sell a pin, when you are not in the middle of all that travel stuff. so much inconvenience for the potential buyer.

#37 10 years ago

I almost bid. Something was just,...off. Like you, Don, I actually thought...if its a scam, ebay will reimburse me, right ? Seller seemed ALMOST legit. The grammar and spelling is improving w these bastards.....So, is it like Pinwiz79 ( funny fckin guy right there), and Toasterdog said,... this asshole is just trying to get somebody to let 45 days slip by ??!!! Really ?!

#38 10 years ago

Somebody buyer is going to lose money on that listing.

#39 10 years ago

i wouldnt pay until hes ready to ship it. yeah u might get a neg for a NPBuyer but at least u got your money still.
.. seeing as tho he would have someone elses money for a month and a half ?
personally as an ebay seller, i would not advertise anything i could not ship within a week.

#40 10 years ago

He appears to have the same "three" FGY for sale for the last 5 months since he is using the same photos on ebay for each potential sale. He can't send you photos of the machine he is "actually" selling you when you ask for photos since he is always out of town. Good luck!

#41 10 years ago

I actually was the winning bidder on this. The address was local so I could p/u in person if they really had the machine

As soon as the Auction was over they sent me an email requesting the money. I responded that I would pay cash or paypal them once I saw the machine.

They sent me a pretty nasty response that they were in Germany or somewhere in Europe and basically accused me of being a deadbeat non-payer.

I reported them to ebay as I am 99% sure this is a scam.

#42 10 years ago

ouch. did they hit u with bad feedback?

#43 10 years ago

Heck I love my FG and it is in great condition! with Matt McKee topper LEDs etc... Heh I would be happy to sell it for $7500 =)

But I don't think that will ever happen so it am happy to enjoy it for a long time. Stewie multiball here I come!

#44 10 years ago
Quoted from boost:

some buyers who emailed are away for Spring Break/EASTER.

Is EASTER an acronym? Like Jesus's Agents of E.A.S.T.E.R.?

#45 10 years ago
Quoted from ledge:

ouch. did they hit u with bad feedback?

Sellers can't leave negative feedback for buyers, but they can file a non paying bidder report.

#46 10 years ago
Quoted from roffels:

Sellers can't leave negative feedback for buyers, but they can file a non paying bidder report.

thats right, but they can leave a bad comment.

#47 10 years ago

I am not really worried about bad feedback or comments, I would be more worried about giving someone almost 4K and not feeling 100% secure that the deal was not a scam

1 month later
#48 9 years ago

It is a SCAM and I was SCAMED by her... They are stupid people scamming using their real info and I now have the FBI and Local Authorities involved. I bought the so called machine before you. I was a fool. If you look at the winning history of the same machine before her you'll see that I was the jackass that won the auction back in January.

Her name is Tiffany Famous Perangelo and Gregory Perangelo He owns a body shop in called Flower Hill Collision in Frenchtown NJ

eBay account info: AugustusAuggie123

Her cell is: 908-392-4990 She lives at: 30 Back Brook Rd, Ringoes, NJ 08551

#49 9 years ago

boo yeah, you can find anything about anyone on the internet

#50 9 years ago

Did you pay them? Did you get the machine or your money back? What are the authorities going to do? Not saying you are lying, but you should write up the affair for us to prove your point. Hey, if even 1 person that reads of it makes a smarter decision in the future, it is time well spent. You are not a fool, you just made a poor decision in hindsight. If you did it a second time maybe, but it sucks that you are a "fool" these days when you trust a stranger in any regard, much less on a huge public online site with their actual info. Just because someone "can" or "should've known" doesn't give anyone the right... I have not been burned yet, but "could have" been several times, have been blessed to meet a bunch of good guys- they make up 99.9% of the hobby if ya ask me- sorry for your terrible luck. Thanks for sharing and keeping us on our toes. Hope all works out as it should for you!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

5,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Lauderdale, FL
5,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Walton, KY
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Commack, NY
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saugerties, NY
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 67 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-family-guy-on-ebay-a-scam and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.