Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 79 posts
  • 29 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Dahawk007
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Favorate game manufactor?”

• Williams 28 votes
      58%
    • Bally 8 votes
      17%
    • Stern 5 votes
      10%
    • Other 7 votes
      15%

(48 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

iowa-pinball-club-logo.png
    There are 79 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #2 12 years ago

The Poll for Bally or Williams should've been 2-gether ( B/W ) I'm All about Bally/Williams Pin's..

My 2-fav's are BSD ( Williams ) & TZ ( Bally ) Back in the day , every other Pin off the line was either a B or a W ..

I'll check out Yr Web-site ,, Good Luck... B_R

#3 12 years ago

Who are you and where are you located?

#4 12 years ago

I put my hat on and found out they are in cedar rapids,ia. Still too far for me.

#5 12 years ago

It always seemed to me that Bally/Williams put out their best/most impressive titles out under the Bally name.

#6 12 years ago

Thanks, Shane. Nice hat...

1 week later
    #7 12 years ago

I'm slowly working on Iowa City's Pinball Machine Club and League webpage. I've got lots of things going on right now and not enough time. -iowa pinball club

#8 12 years ago

I will keep an eye on you, Aaron. Sounds great.

I run a golf course near Des Moines and I am planning a pinside pinball/golf/home brew get together next October. If you're interested in bringing a pin or just joining the festivities let me know!

I don't know if it was intentional or not but you have received messages blocked.....

Jason TG

#9 12 years ago

Jason (The_Gorilla),

When you iron out the exact date, fill out the form on playnpinball.com and i'll post a link to your website, plus times! sooner is better!

As for email... Lets see if i can get that working right now.

MySQL websites don't like my mobile!

-Aaron

1 week later
    #11 12 years ago

I'm glad I stumbled across this post. I'm in Muscatine, and would love to be a part of this. I just sent my info in...

Thanks!

#13 12 years ago

Just sent you my info too! Glad there is a club starting in Iowa.

2 weeks later
    #15 12 years ago

Two Pinball machines were submited to the Iowa Pinball Club's website TODAY! Granted, one was from a fellow member, the other was not a member. I'm hoping one of the members picks up the JD!

If they do, I so want to play!

-Aaron

#16 12 years ago

I like having Bally and William separate. Bally wins in our home with Williams 2nd.

#17 12 years ago

If you live in Iowa, come join a growing group of pinball enthusiast.

iowa-pinball-club-logo.pngiowa-pinball-club-logo.png

#19 12 years ago

Just signed up!

#20 12 years ago
    Quoted from klark:

Just signed up!

Hey Nick!

#21 12 years ago

Did anyone contact about the JD? I have one already but curious about the price.

#22 12 years ago
    Quoted from PaulyB18:

Did anyone contact about the JD?

I did, i believe he was asking 1500. Dont have the funds right now, but would love to have one.

#23 12 years ago

Hey Nick. Where is the JD at? I might be interested

#24 12 years ago
    Quoted from klark:

Hey Nick. Where is the JD at? I might be interested

Dont have the location, but I PM'd you.

#25 12 years ago

Awesome Thanks.

1 week later
    #26 12 years ago

Firepower, Roller Disco, Ms. Packman and 1942 are for sale in Oregon! It's good when the Iowa Pinball Club's website gets hits from every where for games for sale! We don't mind! Keep them coming!

#27 12 years ago

Would love a Firepower..Im sure you mean Oregon, IA right jk That roller disco would look good sitting next to my charlie's angels too.

2 months later
    #28 11 years ago

Here's an update for the "Pinball Map". In Ankeny, IA there's a listing for the "Pirates of the Caribbean" machine at Croz's Nest and it's not there anymore. I went in there to play it yesterday and they said that they got rid of it awhile ago.

#29 11 years ago
    Quoted from Luger:

I went in there to play it yesterday and they said that they got rid of it awhile ago.

bummer....was there any pins to play there?

#30 11 years ago
    Quoted from mojozone:

Luger said:I went in there to play it yesterday and they said that they got rid of it awhile ago.
    bummer....was there any pins to play there?

Nope. None at all. Only lottery machines and an arcade machine and that's it.

#31 11 years ago

I'm looking to buy this but I can only dream about it since there's no way that I could afford it.

http://virtuapin.net/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=1:52ee65d22370e4af76932372a88f2f57

Oh well, maybe some day (years down the road).

#32 11 years ago

Luger,

I've even been trying to get local bars to post to the Iowa Pinball Map via twitter. No dice so far. Only had one place say they don't have a pinball machine.

As for that pinball machine, I can't say I'm sold on them. Is the ball really wild with a computer and monitor? I'd say no.

I'll be sticking with the good old physical pinball machines.

-Aaron

#33 11 years ago

That is a good point, Aaron. Real is better but for the price of one of the virtuapin machines running hundreds of tables via Visual Pinball (which I love), it is less than one standalone table, especially one of the new ones like Iron Man or Transformers or Spider-Man. However, it can't emulate any of those three tables yet. Those were just examples.

About the pin map, the Croz Nest, here in Ankeny, IA, doesn't have the "Pirates of the Caribbean" table anymore.

#34 11 years ago

I forgot to mention, I got to go out to the Century 20 theatre in West Des Moines, IA recently and I played Iron Man, Transformers and Spider-Man. Those are great tables and out of those three my favorite is Iron Man.

#35 11 years ago
    Quoted from Luger:

I forgot to mention, I got to go out to the Century 20 theatre in West Des Moines, IA recently and I played Iron Man, Transformers and Spider-Man.

Did Chris get rid of TRS then? Or did you wisely not mention that one???

#36 11 years ago

TRS? There were only the three I mentioned. I know that a while ago they used to have The Simpsons Pinball Party but it's not there anymore.

3 months later
    #37 11 years ago

Does anyone know where I could get a Hercules...they used to have one at Roller City in Mason City when I was a kid. By the way I tried to join the Iowa Pinball Club and was denied because I am in the military serving overseas. I am coming back on leave in September if anyone wants to meet in person for some pinball...will be in North Iowa. Not sure if there are still any machines out there...just let me know. Thanks.

#38 11 years ago

The only Hercules that i know of is at Blainbrook bowling in Blain, MN. Welcome. Thank you for your service.

#39 11 years ago

Blain MN....holy cow...do you think they would ever sell or trade? That's awesome...I could probably swing up there when I fly out of MSP. Thanks for the tip.

2 years later
    #40 9 years ago

Hey.

I know this is way old.. But any thoughts of having some Iowa - Get Togethers. ??

Most of us have games and our local people we have over.

..... But maybe we can get together and have rotating or monthly pin parties around Iowa.

Ideas. Concerns.. ?????

We would be interested in hosting and traveling around if anyone else would like to...

Maybe a secret handshake or something.. ..

Guys and Gals always welcome....

Nick. Victoria...

#41 9 years ago
    Quoted from NicToria:

Hey.
    I know this is way old.. But any thoughts of having some Iowa - Get Togethers. ??
    ..... But maybe we can get together and have rotating or monthly pin parties around Iowa.
    Ideas. Concerns.. ?????
    We would be interested in hosting and traveling around if anyone else would like to...
    Nick.

That is a great idea. I wouldn't mind having a pin party.

#42 9 years ago

Sounds fun. Count me in if it's within reasonable driving distance.

#43 9 years ago

I only have 2 pins, not much fun here. I would travel to play pins.

#44 9 years ago

Nice to see my fellow Iowans chiming in here. People are welcome to stop by anytime they are in the area to play a few games. Just pm me to set up a visit. I only have six games but that will keep you busy for awhile.
    Sweeny, come back over when you're in town again and bring the family.
    Mojo, stop by next time you go to Cedar Falls. I have a really nice Comet to play now. Not like the other turd I had!

#45 9 years ago
    Quoted from NicToria:

Hey.
    Ideas. Concerns.. ?????
    Guys and Gals always welcome....
    Nick. Victoria...

Hey Nick and Victoria! Sounds like a great idea! Count me in. Missed your last party due to work so would definitely like to check out your lineup someday. Always looking for more people interested in the hobby for sure! And if any of you guys have a Scared Stiff you'd like to sell let me know

#46 9 years ago

Some great responses. Keep um coming... LOL

PM me if that works better for anyone.

Looking forward to Pinball Spring

NT.

#47 9 years ago

Really cool idea! Unfortunately I only have 3 machines. So not much to be had there.

#48 9 years ago

For the people that only have a few or a couple pins... And that live fairly close together.Maybe we could do a road trip plan.

Maybe we could do a round robin style night.... Play some here.... Move to the next place. ,And so on.

And still have a good pinball experience for all.. Thoughts. ?

NT>.

I have sent some PM's to fellow Iowans. And I may have missed some... Please tell them also.. If you know of people that aren't on Pinside and want to join in.. That would be really good also... I have met a lot of great pin people that aren't on here or don't post much.... All is good. NT.

#49 9 years ago

We have a pretty great game room and we LOOOOVE pinball peeps... so let's get this party started!!! P.S. anyone is more than welcome to come jam with us anytime they wanna make the journey to Fairbank

#50 9 years ago

Friday Bump.. LOL>

Sounds great... pinballa1983

There are 79 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iowa-pinball-machine-players-club and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.