Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by badbilly27
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 12 years ago

Here is a video of the mod. The video didn't turn out very well because I recorded it with my phone, but I am sure you can imagine what it looks like anyway. The mod lights up the arc reactor in Iron Man's chest.

The install was easy. I spent about 30 minutes on it. Would have gone faster if I had another set of hands.

I think the mod is cool and adds to the game. Its a pretty good bang for the buck mod. It is definitely something Stern should have included. That being said, I am not blown away by the mod. I think that if the flasher kit was contemplated with the translite was created it they probably could have done something with that area that would have made the mod lighting effect look cooler. Also, if the fluorescent tube wasn't on all the time, the effect of the mod could be enhanced if the areas around the arc reactor were darker.

I bought the kit from pinball life. They sell it with either a blue or white flasher. I chose the blue flasher and I think that is the way to go but I haven't seen the white light in action.

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=2437&parent=0

What do you guys think?

#2 12 years ago

Have you thought about taping off the area of the fluorescent tube to reduce the backbox light in that area and enhance the flasher? Also might be worth mounting the flasher in a cylindrical object to focus the flashers light in the area of the arc reactor, as stupid as it sounds maybe cut the top off a 2litre plastic drinks bottle wrap it in tin foil to reflect light and mount the flasher in the cap end, creates a funnel for the light to concentrate it in the area of the arc. Also a stronger/brighter led (a cointaker) might give you better results.

#3 12 years ago

Doesn't sound stupid at all - McGuyverish.

From the video, really hard to tell. It just looks like small blue every once in awhile on the right bottom side, not really in chest. But could be video quality. How was the install inside cabinet?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
$ 24.95
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 46.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 26.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 87.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/installed-iron-man-backbox-flasher-kit-today and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.