Installed Iron Man Backbox Flasher Kit Today

Started 2 years ago by GoBlue in forum Game manufacturersStern Pinball.

Installed Iron Man Backbox Flasher Kit Today

Topic summary

• Started 2 years ago by GoBlue
  • 3 Pinsiders participating in this thread.
  • Latest reply from badbilly27

Tilts/ ignores / abuse

Sharing and favs

Games linked to topic

Help us build a pinball game knowledge base by linking topics to the games discussed in them!

2 years, 3 months ago
    #

Here is a video of the mod. The video didn't turn out very well because I recorded it with my phone, but I am sure you can imagine what it looks like anyway. The mod lights up the arc reactor in Iron Man's chest.

» YouTube video

The install was easy. I spent about 30 minutes on it. Would have gone faster if I had another set of hands.

I think the mod is cool and adds to the game. Its a pretty good bang for the buck mod. It is definitely something Stern should have included. That being said, I am not blown away by the mod. I think that if the flasher kit was contemplated with the translite was created it they probably could have done something with that area that would have made the mod lighting effect look cooler. Also, if the fluorescent tube wasn't on all the time, the effect of the mod could be enhanced if the areas around the arc reactor were darker.

I bought the kit from pinball life. They sell it with either a blue or white flasher. I chose the blue flasher and I think that is the way to go but I haven't seen the white light in action.

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=2437&parent=0

What do you guys think?

2 years, 3 months ago
    #

Have you thought about taping off the area of the fluorescent tube to reduce the backbox light in that area and enhance the flasher? Also might be worth mounting the flasher in a cylindrical object to focus the flashers light in the area of the arc reactor, as stupid as it sounds maybe cut the top off a 2litre plastic drinks bottle wrap it in tin foil to reflect light and mount the flasher in the cap end, creates a funnel for the light to concentrate it in the area of the arc. Also a stronger/brighter led (a cointaker) might give you better results.

2 years, 3 months ago
    #

Doesn't sound stupid at all - McGuyverish.

From the video, really hard to tell. It just looks like small blue every once in awhile on the right bottom side, not really in chest. But could be video quality. How was the install inside cabinet?

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or sign in if you already have one.

© 2001-2014 Pinside.com All rights reserved. Jump to topRSS feedsHelpContactCookiesDesigned by Keeple