Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Picture 514.jpg
180549.jpg
20140223_200505.jpg
20140223_200532.jpg
#1 10 years ago

Hi all,
I have an opportunity to pick up a Cherry Bell pinball from 1977.
It's made in Spain by Sonic (Segasa), a company that I'm not familiar with. My Mr. Pinball Price Guide shows 138-851 made. Were there really <1000 of these made? Are parts for these machines unobtainum? Just trying to get some more info on this machine that I don't know much about.

Thanks,

Derek

#2 10 years ago

Most parts can be replaced with Williams from that same era. I owned one years ago...not a bad game really and playfields always look like there brand new.

John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, Mi.
269-979-3836

#3 10 years ago

Many of the mechanical parts are williams parts. I love mine as I lucked out and got one locally for a good price and the cosmetics are incredible. Haven't done much to mine but it's pretty easy to work on. I would imagine that any plastics or a replacement backglass would be pretty tough unless you found someone parting one out. Great bonus setup. Easy to turn it over. Here is mine. 20140223_200505.jpg20140223_200505.jpg20140223_200532.jpg20140223_200532.jpg

#4 10 years ago
Quoted from rstrunks:

Many of the mechanical parts are williams parts. I love mine as I lucked out and got one locally for a good price and the cosmetics are incredible. Haven't done much to mine but it's pretty easy to work on. I would imagine that any plastics or a replacement backglass would be pretty tough unless you found someone parting one out. Great bonus setup. Easy to turn it over. Here is mine.

Looks nice. Thanks for the pics.

#5 10 years ago

I also own one and really enjoy the simple but fast gameplay. Also, perhaps the funniest backglass of all time. Mine is a keeper.

#6 10 years ago

Youre very welcome. Mine is very fast playing and the colors really pop. If you get it I would love to hear about it.

#7 10 years ago

OK. I am waiting on pics but I will definitely keep you all posted on whether or not it works out.

Thanks!

#8 10 years ago

BITD distributors could`nt give them away. I still have an advertisement somewhere where they were listed at $345 new.

#9 10 years ago

Yah I heard a story from a guy in about a distributor in MD ended up going out of business and left a container full of these things at port. They ended up opening up the container like 20 years later and auctioned them off. I guess from what he said, there were about 40 Cherry Bell's in that auction.

180549.jpg180549.jpg
#10 10 years ago

Here`s the ad I mentioned...Picture 514.jpgPicture 514.jpgPicture 514.jpgPicture 514.jpg

#11 10 years ago

Thats an interesting story. Thanks for the pics of the sale flyers. Would have been really cool to get one NIB.

#12 10 years ago

most sonic games are really mint, they have fully finished playfields and mint backglasses. they knew what they were doing with the finishing processes on those pins.

altho my pf and glass looked great the cab and art did not hold up as well!

#13 10 years ago

Great games with fantastic back glasses and well done play fields. The problem was that the cabs were made of the cheapest fiberboard they could find. One drop of water and that's all she wrote. I have a Sonic Super Straight from the same era and love it, although the cab was trashed. Mostly Williams parts and easy to work on.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/info-on-sonic-cherry-bell-pinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.