Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by dluth
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

http://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=598&zenid=628b23e0cdf4289b4ac959c080ffe8fd

This kit replaces the Williams A-16930 "Lost Plastic" lamp board. It lights the bridge behind the rope bridge plastic. The kit includes a fully-assembled board with bulbs, sockets, screws, spacers and cable harness.

This version includes six high-brightness LEDs to boost its brightness and color.

Your backboard will probably need to have a slot cut for the lamps. Includes a template.

Electrical installation requires soldering two wires to a lamp socket.

Has anyone put one of these on their IJ? I don't have a light board behind the rope bridge plastic, so I'm just curious how this looks, fits, etc...

#2 9 years ago

Unnecessary IMO. I never installed mine. It was plenty bright back there. Particularly with the additional lamp installed in the right most lane guide.

#3 9 years ago

This feature was in the early games, but dropped later on.

You need the "lost plastic", which covers most of the backboard, and you have to cut a slot for the light to go through the backboard.

The light will make the bridge plastic noticeably brighter.

#4 9 years ago

I think adding an LED strip up under the backbox ridge is much more effective. I also added a light to illuminate under the bridge. It sits under the left ramp screw and standoff. I find this method much more effective.

#6 9 years ago

I just installed the lost plastic with the pinbits LED lighting. The LED lighting itself is pretty easy to install though you have to hunt around the pinbits website for instructions (they are linked from an earlier version of the kit). The hardest thing is cutting the hole in the backboard...if you don't have a jigsaw. I had to drill a series of holes and then sand them for ages to make it smooth. They provide a template to make sure you do in the right place.
I haven't quite finished putting everything back yet so I can't quite judge how good the lighting is yet; but early indication at least is that it's nice and bright (thanks to the LEDs).
My main problem has been installing the lost plastic - it's pushed the rope bridge rail forward a few mm and now the pop up post that stops balls for the POA is stuck as it's rubbing against the side of the hole. I think the solution might be to adjust the below playfield solonoid which I will try tonight.
Anyone else have this problem and have a solution??

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 85.00
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

12,500 (OBO)
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

11,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Trumansburg, NY
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 1,419.00
$ 0.00
Playfield - Other
PinJewels

$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.95
$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 70.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

14,000 (OBO)
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
2step’s shop

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/indiana-jones-lost-plastic-led-board and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.