Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 455 posts
  • 144 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Zitt
  • Topic is favorited by 21 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

25bb6b2fdfe07d138da35f672dd376fd.jpg
    oldguyshooting.jpeg
    Gene Gene the dancing machine.JPG
    Snidely Whiplash2.JPG
    Snidely Whiplash 1.JPG
    IMAG2277.jpg
    images-19.jpg
    stop the madness.jpg
    image.gif
    stay classy.jpg
    illinois_pinball_warehouse86.jpg
    illinois_pinball_warehouse281.jpg
    illinois_pinball_warehouse79.jpg
    illinois_pinball_warehouse81.jpg
    PoorGene.jpg
    Seinfeld7.jpg
    There are 455 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 10.
    #1 10 years ago

So the Ohio show was missing a vendor.I was told the are closed for business. Who has the scoop?

#2 10 years ago

I'd like to know more as well, seeing as how the last thread disappeared..hmmmm. Gene is *supposed* to be at Louisville as a vendor and a Q&A participant. Man, I have some questions I'd love to ask lol.

#3 10 years ago

I am not sure but I have heard rumors as well and despite the constant bickering that goes on IPB has provided the community with some much needed parts like cabinet art ,playfields and plastic sets and the BBB remake that many have capitalized off of over the years so hopefully whatever is going on there gets resolved and we do not lose another resource in this small hobby/business.
    It is not to say that everyone is perfect or to pick sides but more to say that all resources are good ones and there has been more positive than negative from IPB.

#4 10 years ago
    Quoted from High_End_Pins:

I am not sure but I have heard rumors as well and despite the constant bickering that goes on IPB has provided the community with some much needed parts like cabinet art ,playfields and plastic sets and the BBB remake that many have capitalized off of over the years so hopefully whatever is going on there gets resolved and we do not lose another resource in this small hobby/business.
    It is not to say that everyone is perfect or to pick sides but more to say that all resources are good ones and there has been more positive than negative from IPB.

Amen to that!

#5 10 years ago

Give it some time, Chris, and we may have more than we ever had before. And to think of what IPB could have been had anyone known what they were doing all these years.

#6 10 years ago

Hopefully Gene is ok.

#7 10 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Give it some time, Chris, and we may have more than we ever had before. And to think of what IPB could have been had anyone known what they were doing all these years.

I know where you are coming from but honestly how many TAFs,MBs,CFTBLs or Kiss machines would have been restorable without their efforts.There are others too but those jump out in my mind.
    It is easy to look ahead and at the newcomers and second guess the business practices of any company but where were the others 8 or 10 years ago?There is no question that IPB was the first to enter the market and see some value in keeping it alive.Like I said I am not saying everyone is perfect.I know there are other people in the mix that are valuable as well and some great things on the horizon but I am just saying that I don't wish nor see the benefit of the demise of any resource we have or have had in the history of this hobby since Williams shut down.
    The premise of using people up and throwing them away is what I am afraid of in this case.These people put in effort and produced some good results so there is no upside to seeing that end..

#8 10 years ago
    Quoted from Skypilot:

So the Ohio show was missing a vendor.I was told the are closed for business. Who has the scoop?

Well I emailed them about repro dw translites, and was told they are not allowed to sell parts at the moment, fwiw.

#9 10 years ago

I know where you are coming from but honestly how many TAFs,MBs,CFTBLs or Kiss machines would have been restorable without their efforts.There are others too but those jump out in my mind.

They made the best reproduction Eight Ball Deluxe playfields too.

I'm glad I still have one left as well as a Kiss.

#10 10 years ago

When the FH playfields first came out (2003?) I put my name on "the list". I followed up with many, many e-mails and phone calls with Kim. She was always polite and I was always assured my place was secure and I would get my playfield. BTW, she refused to take money for a deposit or the payment in full, I offered many times. Extremely long story short: No playfield from them. A few years later I did get one on the secondary market.

I struggle to think of any other company I have dealt with that was as unprofessional and inept as IPB was. If they don't want my money, fine just tell me. Don't just keep jerking me around for a year+ (I also got to read how people were getting playfields at shows the entire time I was waiting on "the list"). If IPB is gone, and someone gets the rights who has half a clue on how to run a business then this will be a win for pinball.

Oh, I never told them to take me off "the list" so I have technically been waiting over a decade for my playfield. And you thought WOZ was bad.

#11 10 years ago

I was just there a couple of weeks ago. All seemed fine?

#12 10 years ago

yes Chapter 7 all assets frozen to be auctioned

Sent to someone i know

Thank you for your expressed interest in the bankruptcy estate .

As the process moves forward and a inventory list can be secured I will be sure to keep in contact with you .

If you should have additional questions please feel free to contact me by phone at (217)416-5686.

Thanks

John Laurenzana II

#14 10 years ago

Turns out also all the tooling Gene claimed was his and I couldn't use to make much needed parts, now in the courts admits he doesn't own the tooling and it's still owned by Williams and on load to Gene as a licensee.

#15 10 years ago

To the op; yes. Someone will purchase assets and rights. Only hiccup would be if WMS smells money and decides to do it themselves.

#16 10 years ago

Genes license is non transferrable and in his name not IPBs, I am sure some creative accounting will take place to enable Williams to agree to a Sale of the license to another party??

#17 10 years ago

What exactly does he own exclusively anyway?

#18 10 years ago

nothing

exclusive license to sell replacement parts for 5 years and non exclusive after that

that exclusive expired oct 2005

#19 10 years ago
    Quoted from Ballypinball:

Genes license is non transferrable and in his name not IPBs, I am sure some creative accounting will take place to enable Williams to agree to a Sale of the license to another party??

Think you mean creative legal manipulation. Has nothing to do with accounting.

#20 10 years ago

Do you really think WMS would get back into the pinball business now that they see the market change? They do have two powerful brand names they could bank on.

#21 10 years ago

what's with all the skating rinks in central IL closing it's doors? First litchfield now this?
    http://www.auctionzip.com/Listings/2047270.html

Quoted from mikedetroit:

Do you really think WMS would get back into the pinball business now that they see the market change?

WMS will never get back to making pinballs, but if they own the tooling (or at least the rights to it), they can toss it to any injection molding supplier in the chicagoland area, ship direct to marco, and profit with very little work. They could even have the supplier do QC checks to verify good parts so long as someone has prints to check against.

#22 10 years ago

Doubt Williams will have anything to do with the tooling other than financial

Hopefully it will go to PPS otherwise the assets will be split up again and again and again

#23 10 years ago

Maybe we will finally get some decent TAF Playfields

#24 10 years ago

yes Chapter 7 all assets frozen to be auctioned
    Sent to someone i know
    Thank you for your expressed interest in the bankruptcy estate .
    As the process moves forward and a inventory list can be secured I will be sure to keep in contact with you .
    If you should have additional questions please feel free to contact me by phone at (217)416-5686.
    Thanks
    John Laurenzana II

Not true. IPB is NOT in bankruptcy. It is Gene that has been forced into Chapter 7. The shares of IPB are part of the assets of the Cunninghams. The trustee and US Attorney have frozen the operations of IPB until they sort out the discrepancies concerning the ownership of assets as Gene has been inconsistent in saying what is his and what is IPB's. Trust me, I know the full story.

#25 10 years ago
    Quoted from PinballInc:

Not true. IPB is NOT in bankruptcy. It is Gene that has been forced into Chapter 7. The shares of IPB are part of the assets of the Cunninghams. The trustee and US Attorney have frozen the operations of IPB until they sort out the discrepancies concerning the ownership of assets as Gene has been inconsistent in saying what is his and what is IPB's. Trust me, I know the full story.

I know u do!!! Need some more flying pigs!!

#26 10 years ago
    Quoted from Skypilot:

Maybe we will finally get some decent TAF Playfields

wishful thinking. No matter what the outcome it will be YEARS till we get TAF pfs that are quality.

I finally bit the bullet and bought a decent condition original one for big bucks a while back and then had it professionally restored. I am super happy now since I can actually work on my TAF pf swap now rather than at some magical time in the future. (side note: I should probably start another resto thread)

I finally got tired of IPB alwaysd telling me "in 2 months" every 2 months...

#27 10 years ago
    Quoted from PinballInc:

Trust me, I know the full story

You may sit on the throne of truth but you still smell like beef and cheese.

Ramp King.jpgRamp King.jpg
    #28 10 years ago

Series production of p2k "Wizard Blocks" and "Playboy" would be awesome. *dreaming*

#29 10 years ago
    Quoted from Skypilot:

You may sit on the throne of truth but you still smell like beef and cheese.

Ramp King.jpg 19 KB

Cheese yes, beef no way, I'm a vegetarian.

#30 10 years ago

NOOOOOOOOOO!! - I was waiting for a response to an email I sent IPB about some misc parts. I see why I haven't gotten a reply now.. Damn, I guess no Judge Dredd topper for me..., Topless.

#31 10 years ago

Turns out also all the tooling Gene claimed was his and I couldn't use to make much needed parts, now in the courts admits he doesn't own the tooling and it's still owned by Williams and on load to Gene as a licensee.

No, he has not stated any such thing in court. It is others trying to say such things.

#32 10 years ago
    Quoted from Ahoernchen:

Series production of p2k "Wizard Blocks" and "Playboy" would be awesome. *dreaming*

Gene sold the prototypes of both these games to a collector in Cali... If someone made the parts and the play field, I'm sure the current code he may release for copy... Then someone like chompy could work on completing it as a project... Dreams

#33 10 years ago

And here we go.................

#35 10 years ago

I was talking about topless photos

#36 10 years ago
    Quoted from Skypilot:

I was talking about topless photos

My bad...I'm not going topless.

#38 10 years ago
    Quoted from PinballInc:

My bad...I'm not going topless.

And Im not putting on a dress...well not this week anyway

#39 10 years ago
    Quoted from Skypilot:

And Im not putting on a dress...well not this week anyway

how about a sexy little two-piece number?

#40 10 years ago

Ha James

Looks like all the tooling could be heading downunder

#41 10 years ago
    Quoted from mikedetroit:

Do you really think WMS would get back into the pinball business now that they see the market change? They do have two powerful brand names they could bank on.

WMS doesn't even really exist anymore. Remember they were bought out a few months back by a Lottery company.

Also, WMS would make *way* more money via Slots than they ever would at Pinball.

#42 10 years ago

actually they are making a fortune out of licensing the pinball rights, digital rights for ipad and xbox etc

#43 10 years ago
    Quoted from PinballInc:

It is Gene that has been forced into Chapter 7.

and that is why you celebrate? Way to go

#44 10 years ago

Dammit - so it looks like I waited too long to order my Road Show cabinet decals?

#45 10 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

and that is why you celebrate? Way to go

He won't see this because you are blocked remember?

Did that celebration thread mysteriously disappear? I don't see it in my history anywhere....

#46 10 years ago

I though IPB was set to be at the Louisville show. Does this mean they won't be there?

#47 10 years ago
    Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

I though IPB was set to be at the Louisville show. Does this mean they won't be there?

Correct

#48 10 years ago
    Quoted from ralphwiggum:

He won't see this because you are blocked remember?
    Did that celebration thread mysteriously disappear? I don't see it in my history anywhere....

Wiped from the face of pinside history because one shouldnt start garbage threads like that!

#49 10 years ago

This is my opinion only

If Gene hadn't borrowed against property to complete BBB which cost him thousands more per game to build than he charged.

He would not have had to sell 90% of IPBs Inventory to pay off the bank years ago, only to not have the income to pay his accounts now.

It takes all your life to create wealth and a short time to loose it all?

At his age he should have retired and enjoyed life.

#50 10 years ago

I hope If Williams gives the rights to someone else its another company so there will be some competition

There are 455 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 10.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/illinois-pinballare-they-done and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.