Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-5.jpg
20140202_125541.jpg
#1 10 years ago

If you were to buy a music pin and liked both bands which is better, AC/DC or Metallica? Do you buy a pro or Premium version?

#7 10 years ago

^^^That would be my pick...LUCI is pretty sweet

#8 10 years ago

If AC/DC, Premium. If Metallica, Pro. The AC/DC LE's are scarce/expensive and I don't like MET LE.

Some nice deals on AC/DC Premium's have popped up recently.

I think AC/DC is a better player, but if you like Metallica more and you'd like to save some $$, MET Pro is still a great pin. Everyone's hoping for a software update that could make it a great pin…

GNR is yet another option. Use to be really hard to find, but they seem to be popping up more recently...

#9 10 years ago

Even with the slim down code I still give Metallica the nod. I like the shots better...sparky is just a blast to fry over and over and over. There's a huge fun factor associated with Metallica. Although the artwork isn't necessary my style...it blows away pretty much anything that's been done on a modern pin. The dots are WAY better than the clipped ACDC stuff.

There's really no wrong answer here

#10 10 years ago

The risk/reward of the song Jackpot on AC/DC is soooo addictive. Last week I passed on a 35MM X2 cause I wanted to chase the leader score of 172MM....I promptly drained before I had another chance.

#11 10 years ago

ACDC premium/le is a better game

#12 10 years ago

ACDC Luci

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

GNR is yet another option.

+1 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#14 10 years ago

Premium no matter what based on what I played. Like ACDC band better and pin gets blood flowing and hear box they key is to stack songs,etc but not big on art work and wish this pin had more in it. Need more charity of shots like Metallica. Metallic kicks my ass but I love those ramps and shot selections. I know Elvis gets no credit but I like the shot selection and game moves with flow. Also I can of GNR as not complete full so vs which is nice and had more call outs than ACDC which I like. Hold out for Iron Maiden hopefully.

#15 10 years ago

I say acdc over metallica and i have both. Try one of my headphone kits with any of these music pins. You won't regret it
Thanks,
Pinnovators.com

#16 10 years ago

I could do a Iron Maiden Eddie version

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

I say acdc over Metallica and i have both. Try one of my headphone kits with any of these music pins. You won't regret it
Thanks,
Pinnovators.com

I own ACDC Premium and like it a lot because of the difficulty/risk reward thing. Play metallica LE at a friends house but don't have too much time on it but it was also alot of fun with the flowing ramps.

Does the headphone kit just use stock ACDC speakers, plug and play?

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from Chet:

I own ACDC Premium and like it a lot because of the difficulty/risk reward thing. Play Metallica LE at a friends house but don't have too much time on it but it was also alot of fun with the flowing ramps.
Does the headphone kit just use stock ACDC speakers, plug and play?

The headphone kit runs off the stock amplifier board. It's much more powerful for a good set of over ear headphones. You can mute the game sound and just use the headphones or leave the speakers on for others to hear as well.
Yes it's plug n play takes 5 minutes to install.
Thanks,
Lorenzo
Pinnovators.com

#19 10 years ago

^^^These are great have them on a couple of my games...easy installation.

#20 10 years ago

AC/DC Luci for sure!

#21 10 years ago

For me, AC/DC, Metallica, and GnR are pretty much equal. All 3 are blow away all other pins for me. I really don't think you can go wrong with any of them.

AC/DC is the most fun when you have a really good game, but I don't find it as fun during the many, many, many really crappy games I have. I still have a lot of games that end less than 20M.

GnR is more fun overall for me. A bad game is pretty much just as fun as a good game. The audio quality is not nearly as good as the newer ones though.

Metallica could end up being my favorite of the 3. I don't own that one yet, so I play it whenever I get the chance when I am out of town. It is a fun game. I am really excited to see what it becomes when they complete the code.

#22 10 years ago

I have both Acdc premium and Metallica LE. I definitely play Metallica more. Just because it seems more intense to me. Though I love acdc as well. I would go premium or LE myself on either model

#23 10 years ago

I have both LE's. Metallica is my all time favorite band,& theme but AC/DC gets my pumped! As far as fun factor,AC/DC is the best game ever. This could change with code update on metallica,but It would be hard to do.

#24 10 years ago

I have them good ones.
METLE
ACDC BIBLE
RS (stern)
GNR
AL's Garage Band
HMM

love my METLE.... ACDC is great too.... GNR - less music but the only strong 1990's music themed game... AL's - cheezy but rare and goofy(kinda gotta dumb down to play it but what the heck!).... RS - gets all beat up by the haters.. I think its a great game (to each his own)..... lastly --HEAVVVVYYYYYY MEEEETTTALLLLLL MELTDOWN... wow.. ya gotta get that one... love mine... you can bury me in that one!! HA

- oh yeah - don't have the old school's: TED, RS bally or KISS... would love to find a KISS simply for the awesome art!!! (but cant see paying nutty prices)

#25 10 years ago

Out of the 2 new ones, I prefer AC/DC. I also really like Guns N Roses and Tommy. KISS looks great, but the game play and SFX leave me wanting (even for early SS games)

#26 10 years ago

GnR. I like my rock music in stereo.

#27 10 years ago

Acdc for overall flow and exciting playability
But Metallica for humor

#28 10 years ago

Acdc pro and with the money you save not getting a premium buy a Tommy.

#29 10 years ago

I have played a GNR but didn't like the game play.

#32 10 years ago

Still holding out for a Muppets pin though

#33 10 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Yes it's plug n play takes 5 minutes to install.Thanks,LorenzoPinnovators.com

I have the Pinnovators headset in my ACDC and it...is...awesome! 5 minutes to install IF you dont read the instructions. About 5 hours if you do lol

All kidding aside, the installation is easy. But the 12 page (or so) instructions are not needed.
Replace dollar slot in front of coin box with new circuit board (4 screws) - screw ground to top right nut.
Find the small sound board in the top right of backbox. Replace pin connector with new pin connector-board (which splits the sound to the 5 pin connector and the cat5).
Run CAT5 from coin door circuit board to new sound board connector.
Buy good headphones and enjoy

EDIT: And yes, i vote for ACDC even though MET is fun. I would personally wait out the next MET code update before deciding though.

#34 10 years ago

Another vote for ACDC premium.

#35 10 years ago

Gettem all!

20140202_125541.jpg20140202_125541.jpg
#36 10 years ago

Another one for AC/DC Prem !!

#37 10 years ago

ACDC Luci

#38 10 years ago

KISS !!!!

#39 10 years ago

Heavy Metal Meltdown

#40 10 years ago

Wait until Stern does the Culture Club!! It's a no brainier!!
LOL

#42 10 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I have the Pinnovators headset in my ACDC and it...is...awesome! 5 minutes to install IF you dont read the instructions. About 5 hours if you do lol
All kidding aside, the installation is easy. But the 12 page (or so) instructions are not needed.
Replace dollar slot in front of coin box with new circuit board (4 screws) - screw ground to top right nut.
Find the small sound board in the top right of backbox. Replace pin connector with new pin connector-board (which splits the sound to the 5 pin connector and the cat5).
Run CAT5 from coin door circuit board to new sound board connector.
Buy good headphones and enjoy
EDIT: And yes, i vote for ACDC even though MET is fun. I would personally wait out the next MET code update before deciding though.

U know I said the same thing about the instructions to one of my partners. I think I want to just put the install instructions up on the website instead of mailing 8-10 pages lol. Hey but at least they were in color!

#43 10 years ago

Dolly Parton

#44 10 years ago

I think my music theme line up would stop there. The Kiss pin that's already been made is good enough. I can't see them doing a band that's been done for years. Bring on Iron Maiden or Ozzy!

#45 10 years ago

ACDC without a doubt. GNR gets old very quickly!

#46 10 years ago
Quoted from Breadfan:

Gettem all!

20140202_125541.jpg 231 KB

One of these is not like the others.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
€ 27.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 17.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chelsea, MI
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 18.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/if-buying-a-music-pin-which-one and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.