(Topic ID: 40066)

I have my work cut out for me! Getting my collection back to it's former glory.

By GWalton

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

738004_10151321875469231_723831703_o.jpg
pinballs.JPG
#1 11 years ago

This is what happens when you lose interest for a couple years and break down machines to have room for other stuff
I know what I'll be doing for the next few months . . . at least!

Sorry for the crappy old picture of when everything was up and running. A friend took it.

pinballs.JPGpinballs.JPG 738004_10151321875469231_723831703_o.jpg738004_10151321875469231_723831703_o.jpg

#2 11 years ago

Beavis, this it what dreams are made of.

#3 11 years ago

That is a nice problem to have. Looks like there are some nice machines. It's like Christmas all over again.

#4 11 years ago

You and the games will feel a lot better soon !

LTG : )

#5 11 years ago

Very nice, the colors of Xenon always stick out to me.

#6 11 years ago

#7 11 years ago

2 Farfalla! Both running?

#8 11 years ago
Quoted from absocountry2:

Very nice, the colors of Xenon always stick out to me.

Xenon Looks SOOO Amazing with LED's

#9 11 years ago

Looks like a nice collection waiting to happen. I see you're from the antique shops, capital of the world. I love it down that way and like to go down there a handful of times a year.

#10 11 years ago

You have the advantage that you didn't sell off, which is pretty amazing.
I often wonder about people that leave the hobby after years of collecting. I have a a whole room in my house set up as a dedicated arcade, windows removed, blacklight carpet, dark paint and all. It'd be bizarre to break that all down and turn it back into a regular room.

#11 11 years ago
Quoted from TOK:

It'd be bizarre to break that all down and turn it back into a regular room.

I'm in the same boat as you, the point of no return.

#12 11 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

I see you're from the antique shops, capital of the world

Yup. Still some good stuff to be found, but it's becoming mostly old dishes. Less and less good stuff is showing up.
I actually head up to The Antiques Depot near you a couple times a year.

#13 11 years ago
Quoted from Andre:

2 Farfalla! Both running?

One is just a body. On a quest to find a head for it.

#14 11 years ago

Didn't you ever feel guilt for not loving them? So sad. Well, at least you're back!

#15 11 years ago
Quoted from GWalton:

Yup. Still some good stuff to be found, but it's becoming mostly old dishes. Less and less good stuff is showing up.
I actually head up to The Antiques Depot near you a couple times a year.

Unfortunately, you just described what the Antique Depot sells these days. Very little of interest and nothing gameroom or coin op related.

#16 11 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Didn't you ever feel guilt for not loving them? So sad. Well, at least you're back!

Indeed, I felt MASSIVE guilt over letting them sit like that. That was a huge motivator for me to get my ass in gear.

#17 11 years ago

great great collection, wish I was in your will..

#18 11 years ago
Quoted from oropuro:

wish I was in your will

Well maybe not that.

Good luck getting them all back up and running. What a great start on your return to pinball!

#19 11 years ago
Quoted from GWalton:

Indeed, I felt MASSIVE guilt over letting them sit like that. That was a huge motivator for me to get my ass in gear.

Good man. We need after pics!

#20 11 years ago

You have a very nice project to work on. Your collection should look great once you're done and fixing and cleaning games up is fun. Enjoy and post some after pics.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-have-my-work-cut-out-for-me-getting-my-collection-back-to-its-former-glory and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.