• 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by dgasek
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

• Hook Data East, 1992
#1 11 years ago

Hi

Last week I get hook pinball. Almost everything works fine except that ball stuck in hole under the skull.

Have you any idea what can cause that situation ?

Regards
Damian

#2 11 years ago

Does it land in the scoop and not kick back out from the lower right eject? Lift the playfield and see if there is a ball trapped in the subway somewhere. Also check the kickout coil for broken wires.

#3 11 years ago

Thanks

This is my first game I will check your suggestions .

#4 11 years ago

I would also remove the second Hook from your profile (mistake?).

#5 11 years ago

Any luck?

#6 11 years ago

Hi

I found one ball behind playfield but still one is somewhere under.
But I have bigger problem - today when I was playing a display turn off and I felt some strange smell - something has burned.
Now machine doesn't boot. PIA led only turn ON for a while and there is hook,hook,hook. When I press START button it says "bad ball"

Regards

Yes, second hook is a mistake -- I will delete it.

#7 11 years ago

When you say you hear "Hook," is it Tootles saying it three times or is it the other voice call you hear when starting a multiplayer game?

#8 11 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Tootles saying it three time

I hear it three times

#9 11 years ago

If the ball goes into the hole under the skull and doesn't eject from the lower-right scoop, it could possibly be one of the following: (1) the switch in the tunnel under the skull; (2) the coil that ejects the ball; (3) a fuse; or (4) the transistor that controls the coil that ejects the ball from the lower-right scoop. To diagnose, I would put the game in switch test mode and check the tunnel switch. Then, put the game in coil test mode and check the coil that ejects the ball. Depending on what you find, this should at least get you started in the right direction.

It sounds to me like the machine is booting. Otherwise, you wouldn't hear "bad ball" when pressing the start button. That means the game is not in free play and there are no credits. Try adding a credit and see if you can start a game.

Post edited by gseador : typo

#10 11 years ago

Hi

You have right. Because display doesn't work (I don't know why) I don't see if have any credits.
When I had added credit game started.

So , I have to check eject (some time it works so it look like a switch) , a repair display.

Many thanks.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 190.00
Lighting
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

3,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Lancaster, PA
$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hook-ball-stuck and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.