(Topic ID: 87855)

Honoring LTG w/ SS Billiards 2014 Refresh (In Process)

By pinballnut3

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6944.JPG
IMG_6943.JPG
IMG_6945.JPG
IMG_6947.JPG
IMG_0876.JPG
IMG_0874.JPG
IMG_0873.JPG
IMG_0870.JPG
IMG_0869.JPG
IMG_0868.JPG
IMG_0867.JPG
IMG_0866.JPG
image.jpg
IMG_0865.JPG
IMG_0543.JPG
IMG_0850.JPG
There are 935 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 19.
#1 10 years ago

Hey everyone,

Thanks for looking. I am a pinball lover just like you and I need YOUR help.

We all in some way know or have heard about Lloyd (LTG, Dear LLoyd)
Most of us in someway have benefited from his vast pinball knowledge.
For 40 years he has rode the ups and downs of the arcade business out of love.
Through smoking bans and home video consoles, it now just survives.

We here all know of the uptick in pinball and the new manufactures, machines, and technology.
I think now is the time. With a small refresh to SS, we can put Lloyd from surviving to Striving.

So how do we do this?

1. Go to the crowd funding site http://igg.me/p/743018/x/7009882

2. Looking for anyone who can donate the material or directly pay vendors for items needed (see crowd fund for list)

3. Tell everyone about the first two.

Please help anyway you can.

Any large donations please email me before giving at [email protected]

Thank you for your time.

Kris

#2 10 years ago

The link that worked for me was shorter:

http://igg.me/p/743018/x

By the way, I did confirm that this is legit. I've donated and encourage other Pinsiders to join in. Let's help out someone who has been so generous toward so many in this hobby.

#3 10 years ago

And a bump...

#4 10 years ago

Yes he has devoted almost everyday of his life to this hobby, helping others and providing enjoyment to many for over 40 years. He now needs OUR help...

In one way or another everyone in this hobby has benefited from him.. He is a great person and I am proud to call him a friend!

#5 10 years ago

LTGs Place.jpgLTGs Place.jpg

#6 10 years ago

Robin et al --

Can we make this thread sticky for a while so that it does not get lost in the shuffle? Thanks.

#7 10 years ago

Done. Thank you Lloyd!

I will, one day, make the pilgrimage to SS Billiards.

#8 10 years ago

Sticky please. Lloyd is not just helpful, he's a legend. Everyone in pinball, new or old benefit from his experience and eagerness (lack of a better word) to share his knowledge. Genuinely good people like Lloyd are a gem. I know my enjoyment of this hobby would have not been the same without LTG.

#9 10 years ago

I'm hoping to donate soon!

SS Billiards is my favorite arcade on the planet. I have to stop by every time I'm close to the cities...hell, it's an excuse to to drive to the cities!

#10 10 years ago

Bump

#11 10 years ago

Done. Anyone who has been on Pinside for a while knows Lloyd is one most the most helpful people around.

#12 10 years ago

Website blocked at work. What is the goal?

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Website blocked at work. What is the goal?

$8500 or whatever we can raise - more would allow additional upgrades, but anything raised will help

#14 10 years ago

Maybe he needs to start billing the manufacturers for tech support service.

EDIT - that's not intended to be snarky - hope no one reads it that way. I made it a point to go pump lots of dollars into his machines last time I was in the area. It was awesome to be able to play a BBB and some others I hadn't seen.

#15 10 years ago

Lloyd is the man! Love playing at SS and will definitely donate some funds. Would also be happy to donate time if any help is needed with painting, moving stuff, etc.

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from btw75:

EDIT - that's not intended to be snarky - hope no one reads it that way. I made it a point to go pump lots of dollars into his machines last time I was in the area. It was awesome to be able to play a BBB and some others I hadn't seen.

Lloyd will never change - he has a passion for this hobby and always is around to help.. He has come to my house at 130am to solder a wire.. I am proud to call him a friend... Even if he did charge it would help a little, he has devoted hos life to this hobby even though it hasn't provided much of a financial gain for him. He has given the community many smiles and helped tons of people.. I didn't take your reply as snarky BTW..

Let's just help the man who is always there for us~!

#17 10 years ago

Wow, Thank you everyone. Lets keep this going. The base goal is 8500. I tried to be as efficient as possible. Like repainting table bases. I will be rebuilding the laminate tops. I want to maximize the benefit as much as possible. But really there is so much more we could do. Lets ALL dream together. This place should be a pinball palace.

I posted this last night and have been afraid to look since. This is a great start. My dream is to get this funded and going so the next pinball circus in october the 10th year of the pinball circus can be extra special.

Keep it up!

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from PunishersLEMC:

has a passion for this hobby and always is around to help

So True.....Help and ....humble.

#19 10 years ago

Donated what I could...sorry, hard to do a lot when I have my own fundraiser going. Hope it helps.

#20 10 years ago

I have never met Lloyd, but he treats me like a long time friend.

When I hit a deer with my car years ago, he sent me something to sell on E-bay to use toward the repairs.

When I needed tech help, he answered my e-mails.

When I e-mailed asking him where he gets billiard supplies because I bought a pool table, what does he do? Sends me a set of NOS Billiard balls!!

He did all this without allowing me to pay him. He is the epitome of how the world should be.

I am honored to be able to donate to this very VERY generous man!

I wish to some day get to Hopkins, MN, but if not, know that he has impacted me more than anyone in the hobby.

Chris

#21 10 years ago

For people who are blocked from the Crowd fund site for what ever reason.
I can accept gifts on paypal to avoid fees for everyone. PM me for info.

Also if someone out there somewhere has some free commercial carpet........That is a huge chunk of our cost.
Please PM me PLEASE. I can find a way to get it here.

#22 10 years ago

I will be sure to donate when I get home, LTG has provided tech advice to many and his knowledge is worth the effort to help out his business.

I know LTG is not a big fan of IFPA related events but a standard pump and dump tourney format with all proceeds going to this project may be a good way to get some more interest and dollars rolling in. I woudl be happy to offer up my tournament directing services if needed.

#23 10 years ago

I've never met Lloyd...but he's helped me several times in the past.

What a great asset to pinball.

Made my contribution...

When do I get my custom cue ball?

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

I have never met Lloyd, but he treats me like a long time friend.
When I hit a deer with my car years ago, he sent me something to sell on E-bay to use toward the repairs.
When I needed tech help, he answered my e-mails.
When I e-mailed asking him where he gets billiard supplies because I bought a pool table, what does he do? Sends me a set of NOS Billiard balls!!
He did all this without allowing me to pay him. He is the epitome of how the world should be.
I am honored to be able to donate to this very VERY generous man!
I wish to some day get to Hopkins, MN, but if not, know that he has impacted me more than anyone in the hobby.
Chris

And that is how he is all the time - dedicated to this hobby and helping others... Now is our turn to help him - He has been a staple of the community and this hobby - I am proud to call him a friend..

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from btw75:

I figured this would come up.

I do things for reasons. Not all of them are for the public.

The main thing is I'd be helping people with their games anyway, this way I can help them better. That is why I was on the JJP forum originally, to learn all I could.

I appreciate those that can help, I respect those that can't or don't want to.

Lloyd

#26 10 years ago

Never met you LTG, when I saw this, I jumped all over it. I am proud to say I was the first to make a donation. Thanks for all you direct and indirect help with your contributions here on pinside. Can't wait to meet you someday!

#27 10 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

Never met you LTG, when I saw this, I jumped all over it. I am proud to say I was the first to make a donation. Thanks for all you direct and indirect help with your contributions here on pinside. Can't wait to meet you someday!

You have a standing invite - and can stay with me - I live a mile from SS and visit Lloyd and Prada regularly.. thanks for helping

#28 10 years ago

Sorry double post

#29 10 years ago

Are there any mods that could sticky this post?

#30 10 years ago

I'll definitely be donating. I stop by almost daily to get my pinball fix. Lloyd is a great guy to not only talk pinball with but also shoot the breeze.

PS - I hope Prada learns some better manners when the new carpet gets installed! Haha.

#31 10 years ago

I was talking with Jim and if we get 15 people together we could donate and rent SS Billiards for the day, it'd be fun.

#32 10 years ago
Quoted from miggitymac:

PS - I hope Prada learns some better manners when the new carpet gets installed! Haha.

True. Maybe an epoxy floor would be better and it would be way cheaper.

#33 10 years ago

I hear that LTG sleeps in an empty pinball cabinet to better absorb pinball information.

#34 10 years ago
Quoted from pinballnut3:

Are there any mods that could sticky this post?

Done. Lloyd rocks.

#35 10 years ago

Just donated. I don't know Lloyd and I've never talked to or met him, but how can you not love someone who gives of their time, knowledge, and skills in the service of others.

edit. I just saw where Jack donated a large amount....VERY cool. I think Jack is an awesome guy.

#36 10 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

True. Maybe an epoxy floor would be better and it would be way cheaper.

Agree 100%. That or some commercial grade tile flooring. Easy clean up when needed and would seal in any residual Prada presents.

#37 10 years ago

We will look at all flooring options. It will come down to Lloyds choice.
I do see benefit in a non absorbing floor.
No matter what we get protecting it, scotch guard, something will be done.

These stories are amazing. Make sure to share more even if you cant donate, share why others should.
Its great to hear how lloyd has helped or touched your life.

#38 10 years ago

If you guys ever have spare time, facebook creep on LTG's page. Lots of pictures and lots of history and its all really cool to see.

Lots of people, like Jersey Jack, Steve Ritchie and a lot of others have been at his place at one point or another. Its also really fun checking out all the machines that he has had at one point or another.

#39 10 years ago

I'm onboard! I also think that looking into something other than carpet would b be wise. Just seal the concrete slab and polish it out, very nice looking and easy to clean and maintain, the rubber feet for all the pins would be way less expensive than new carpet.

Thanks for all you do Lloyd! It would be really cool to roll this out with the next circus with the new format etc. (if it works out of course )

#40 10 years ago

Just dropped a contribution. Thanks for doing this. Many years ago, I had one of my first pins develop a problem. I posted on RGP. At the time, I barely knew how to take the glass off. Lloyd, was the first to respond and looking back it was a heck of a newbie issue. He addressed me respectfully and helped with my problem. (Burnt GI header pins on a STTNG). Never once did he talk down to me. I've since gone from that, to completely restoring pins and performing board work. I pay it back and help others whenever I can.

Another time, I was buying a clearcoated Bill Davis MB pf from a gentleman in Minnesota. I was a little nervous sending this much cash to someone I didn't know. He gave Lloyd as a reference. Lloyd vouched for him and boy did that put me at ease. I kept that MB for years and actually a pinsider has it now.

#41 10 years ago

Lloyd - is the pinball business seeing an uptick at your place?

#42 10 years ago

Liz and I just donated... Just wanted to say thanks to Lloyd for all he does for pinball, and most importantly for being a good friend. Best wishes from the Larsons!

#43 10 years ago
Quoted from rommy:

Lloyd - is the pinball business seeing an uptick at your place?

Pinball and to a lesser extent pool. Last year was better than the previous nine years, but not where I need to be.

The last decade was pretty tough and prevented me from keeping things up to where they should be. It's hard to see every day, changes that are needed, and not be able to even think of when they will. So I can turn things around.

LTG

#44 10 years ago
Quoted from Mhulsebu:

Donated what I could

Thank you. I appreciate your help.

LTG : )

#45 10 years ago

Lloyd, it is a privilege to be able to do something for you for a change. I don't imagine I'll ever get up to your place, but I look forward to seeing some pictures once the refurb is complete.

#46 10 years ago
Quoted from Craig:

I don't imagine I'll ever get up to your place, but I look forward to seeing some pictures once the refurb is complete.

PinDel is in your area, grab him and come up for the refurb party.

LTG : )

#47 10 years ago

LTG, I have shipped you a care package. I will provide tracking information once I receive it. This is a small token of appreciation from myself and my operator, who's games would be still sitting in a warehouse gathering dust without you and Pinsides many other passionate members help.
Good luck with this project, and I hope your refurb party is one for the ages.

#48 10 years ago

Great guy. Awesome place.. TTT

#49 10 years ago

Just donated

Quoted from miggitymac:

I stop by almost daily to get my pinball fix.

I wish I could say that!! Sadly I live a bit too far for that.
Was fortunate enough to visit SS Billiards once, and hope to do it again.

LTG, Keep the Cue Ball in the meantime!

Cheers,

Jean-Louis

#50 10 years ago

Lloyd has helped me without hesitation on countless occasions. He has walked me through things, offered me encouragement, and generally been a positive force here on Pinside. Aside from just being helpful, and positive, he's helped me have the confidence to tackle repairs that saved me many hundreds of dollars.

The world needs more Lloyd's (My first name btw!).

Good luck with the refresh. Looks like an awesome spot.

Donation happily sent. Thanks for organizing this. I hope it all works out.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Van Alstyne, TX
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Just 3D Mods

$ 1,099.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Danbury, WI
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 36.95
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seward, AK
$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 5.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

There are 935 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 19.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/honoring-ltg-w-the-ss-billiards-2014-refresh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.