11 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Honch
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

backglass.jpg
    bigshot4.jpg
    bigshot3.jpg
    bigshot2.jpg
    bigshot1.jpg
    #1 11 years ago

Hi guys,

Still working on my DD and I got sick of looking at my broken Big Shot, so I thought I would share my remedy here since it turned out pretty well. I know a lot of DDs have the Big Shot broken or missing and I thought this might give some of you some ideas while you're waiting for them to show up on ebay.

I only had half of Big Shot, broken off at the waist. I found an old Superman action figure in a free box at a garage sale this summer. He looked like he was about the right size, so I cut him in half with a hacksaw. He fit almost perfectly. I hollowed him out a little, drilled a hole in his back to match the Big Shot bracket, and used some Bondo on a few gaps. I painted him with acrylic paint and clearcoated him. I think if you had some airbrush experience you could make it look even better.

People playing the game don't notice him at all - he blends right in. And in truth, I think he might even look a little more like the Big Shot on the backglass than the original plastic!

bigshot1.jpgbigshot1.jpg bigshot2.jpgbigshot2.jpg bigshot3.jpgbigshot3.jpg bigshot4.jpgbigshot4.jpg

#2 11 years ago

Bizarro!

#3 11 years ago

Funny!! Lets see a pic of the BG.

#4 11 years ago

There she be. I had to shave Superman's forehead curl off to match the hairstyle. Heh. If anyone has got a picture of the back of (the real) Big Shot's head, I'd be interested to know if they depicted him with the partially shaved head. Man, I remember that look from high school.

backglass.jpgbackglass.jpg

#5 11 years ago

Looks like you did a pretty good job replicating that character.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/homemade-big-shot-for-dd and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.