Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 53 posts
  • 27 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by pinmanguy
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pin1-1.jpg
    243.jpg
    225.jpg
    ani-zombie-01sm.gif
    _The_Outbreak_-2.jpg
    _The_Outbreak_1.jpg
    _The_Outbreak_-_Ball_view.jpg

There are 53 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 10 years ago

So this German guy made himself a zombie themed pinball machine called "the Outbreak". Looking quite good actually. Makes me want that future Stern "Walking Dead" pinball even more.
    (yeah yeah, I know about Ben Heck's upcoming machine, but still...)

More pics http://www.flippermarkt.de/community/forum/showthread.php?t=125716

_The_Outbreak_-_Ball_view.jpg_The_Outbreak_-_Ball_view.jpg _The_Outbreak_1.jpg_The_Outbreak_1.jpg _The_Outbreak_-2.jpg_The_Outbreak_-2.jpg

#2 10 years ago

Excellent !

That looks like a lot of fun.

LTG : )

#3 10 years ago

I saw this! What are they making?...20? How do we get on the list??

ani-zombie-01sm.gifani-zombie-01sm.gif

#4 10 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

I saw this! What are they making?...20? How do we get on the list??

I hope one pops up at a show or something so I can play a game on it.

LTG : )

#5 10 years ago

Love the integrated zombie head, that really makes the whole package.

#6 10 years ago

Very Nice

#7 10 years ago

that is awesome. I'd rather an original zombie game like this from stern then a walking dead/tie in. I want custom art not photoshop cut and pastes

#8 10 years ago

I just noticed he also did a "Despicable me" pin before this one.

225.jpg225.jpg 243.jpg243.jpg

#9 10 years ago

Wow... Amazing work ..

#10 10 years ago

Very cool looking, thanks for sharing.

#11 10 years ago

I still wish that size LCD was in the backglass or translit as some call it and not take away from the playfield as you lose a lot of art work and design. I do like the look of Captain Nemo which has screen in the playfield.

#12 10 years ago

Looks neat! Would like to see a video of the game in action.

#13 10 years ago

Im glad there's more, more, more, more, more, and more makers in pinball. Looks awesome.

#14 10 years ago

Found a Despicable Me video on you tube. Definitely looks like its in production phase still. LCD interface does look pretty cool.

If you search YouTubes Chanel for: brennraum - you'll see more videos of the mechanisms for The Outbreak. Wish I could see a finished version of it, looks cool.

#15 10 years ago

Very cool on both fronts!

Did anyone else want yo yell at the youtube video? Needs more angle and flipper adjustments

Great work though!!!

Chris

#16 10 years ago

That zombie pin looks great!

#17 10 years ago

I could read the info on the link due to not knowing German, but does anyone know what boards et / system he is using

#18 10 years ago

very cool stuff here. I wish I had that talent.

#19 10 years ago

Looks like all this new stuff has LED screens...

#20 10 years ago
    Quoted from swinks:

I could read the info on the link due to not knowing German, but does anyone know what boards et / system he is using

Looks like he's using a Pinterface board from Millisoft.

Apparently he wants to produce a small number of this machine, too be ready by 2015. The machine was playable in Berlin last weekend at the German pinball open 2013.

You'll find pictures here: http://www.pinballnews.com/shows/gpo2013/index.html

#21 10 years ago

That guy does good work.

#22 10 years ago

omg, a light gun you pull out and shoot at the zombie head??? props to this guy. that is really neat.

#23 10 years ago

Yeah! I would really like to know more about it!

#24 10 years ago

I think there's a camera in the zombie head, so you shoot a picture of yourself. Which probably shows up on the playfield display, I guess. (or something like that)

#25 10 years ago

This machine has more fresh new design aspects and toys than Stern has offered in about 10 years. Even more inventive than anything JJP is putting out as well. It's amazing what can be done when you think outside the box and try to be creative. I want this game. Refreshingly new.

I don't like the placement of the gun tho. That is a crotch shot for anyone short. Should be on the side with a mount. maybe one gun on each side in case your left handed. ANd could do a double jackpot if you use both guns at once.

#26 10 years ago

No i think its no camera, its like a sensor and in one mode you have to grab the laser gun and shoot the zombie in the face

#28 10 years ago

yes, how awesome is that, you have to shoot the zombie in the face during the game to score certain points. Great and inventive. I was always surprised nobody made a pin that had a gun attachment to it that you could use like a light zapper.

#29 10 years ago

I wonder how many they plan to make? Any info??
    or is this a one off?

#30 10 years ago

No he´s planning to build more than one unit from outbreak, there are already some guys who are on his "list". you have to contact him to get more infos. but it will definetely 2014 until these zombie pins see the light of the day.

#31 10 years ago

Do you have contact info?

#32 10 years ago

No, sorry. i just read about his work on www.flippermarkt.de germany pinball forum. you can contact him there (user: brennraum) or i can send him a message, that he should have a look over here

#33 10 years ago

Thanks xplorer....PM sent...

#34 10 years ago

i've seen pinball dreams name stamped on the Despicable Me game, so maybe they have something to do with the zombie one as well.

#35 10 years ago

We're trying to get the Outbreak Zombie guy here as we speak....

#36 10 years ago

A gun holster could be easily attached to both left and right sides, and the gun placed in either side depending on if you are left or right handed. that would get it away from the crotch.

#37 10 years ago

Hi there,
    A Member of flippermarkt.de posted the link to this Thread here...
    ...Here i am
    First of all, thank you very much for compliments!!
    Its so cool.... Wow..... Thank you!

The Gun is on the Coindoor - for left and right Handed User.
    In the Zombiehead is a Webcam for Highscorepictures, and Special "shoot the Head" pictures. (Trophys you can Win)
    The ir led for the Lightgun is between the teeth.

10 Pins are currently planned.

The cabinet, Backboxdecals and Plastics Sponsored by Pinball Dreams.

....and thank you Again!

Kindly Regards from Gerlingen/Germany
    Thomas

#38 10 years ago

Do you have a price for them?
    ...and how do you get on the mailing list?

#39 10 years ago

Looks awesome! I'd expect an unboxing party if any pinsider gets ahold of one state-side!

#40 10 years ago

Welcome, Thomas, thanks for coming and telling us about your pin.

#41 10 years ago
    Quoted from xplorer:

No, sorry. i just read about his work on http://www.flippermarkt.de germany pinball forum. you can contact him there (user: brennraum) or i can send him a message, that he should have a look over here

that would be good, if he knows english then we could from him and enjoy his ride, would like to know more about the operating system

#42 10 years ago

I think shipping would kill this for me to get one. I would love to get one of those 10.

#43 10 years ago

the despicable me pin is very interesting. I followed along way back, did you notice in the photos the big problem.... the playfield slants DOWN at the back! I dont know if it was fully finished. the youtube vids of it, it does not play very well.

the better outbreak thread;
    http://www.flippermarkt.de/community/forum/showthread.php?t=116035

#44 10 years ago
    Quoted from BloodyCactus:

the despicable me pin is very interesting. I followed along way back, did you notice in the photos the big problem.... the playfield slants DOWN at the back! I dont know if it was fully finished. the youtube vids of it, it does not play very well.
    the better outbreak thread;
    http://www.flippermarkt.de/community/forum/showthread.php?t=116035

yeah did notice it played real slow on the vid in this thread

#45 10 years ago

Nice work on both pictured pins. I really need to suck it up and start a custom pinball project for myself. Cannot finish if I do not start

#46 10 years ago
    Quoted from goalzzz:

So this German guy made himself a zombie themed pinball machine called "the Outbreak". Looking quite good actually. Makes me want that future Stern "Walking Dead" pinball even more.
    (yeah yeah, I know about Ben Heck's upcoming machine, but still...)
    More pics http://www.flippermarkt.de/community/forum/showthread.php?t=125716

Very cool!

#47 10 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

i've seen pinball dreams name stamped on the Despicable Me game, so maybe they have something to do with the zombie one as well.

When brennraum reported his progress on Despicable Me, pinball dreams offered assistance. IIRC the plastics were custom made by pinball dreams.

Edit: Oh by the way... brennraum, if you've got too much free time on your hands.... we could use 125 "The big Lebowski" pins here on pinside. I'd even offer to help - my main areas of expertise are smart-arsed comments and pillaging your coffee supply.

#48 10 years ago

hi guy´s

the price would be ca. 7180 $ (5500,- €)
    now are 11 people in waiting list,
    10 - reservations.

i think, there´s problems with shipping to the usa.
    taxes etc.... i must check that....

i will answer all your questions to my projekt - but

i speak - write a little bit english (school english) ...must renew it

the despicable me was very slow - because the transformer was faulty and the power fall down to 40V /5A.
    and an design failure: the legs at the back was to small = playfield slants DOWN at the back.... youre right

my outbreak needed to much time for the next month...years
    and, without coffee i will be a biest...

it´s cool to be here

best regards from Gerlingen/ Germany
    Thomas/Brennraum

#49 10 years ago

Thanks! Please keep us updated on this unique pin...

#50 10 years ago

Very cool looking themed pinball. Mr. Brennraum certainly has talent!

There are 53 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/home-made-zombie-pinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.