(Topic ID: 73213)

Home for the Gottlieb SYS1-SYS80B guys, Yep it's a club :)

By Gerry

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,543 posts
  • 651 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by Sammer
  • Topic is favorited by 324 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0025 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4872 (resized).jpeg
20240406_124716 (resized).jpg
DSCN0762 (resized).JPG
DSCN0761 (resized).JPG
DSCN0760 (resized).JPG
DSCN0759 (resized).JPG
DSCN0758 (resized).JPG
DSCN0757 (resized).JPG
camphoto_1903590565 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0908 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240323_185836328_HDR (resized).jpg
IMG_20240323_183723387_HDR (resized).jpg
IMG_20240323_183710851_HDR (resized).jpg
CETK (resized).jpg
bad-girls (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #5634 Gold Wings Settings page Posted by mbaumle (1 year ago)

Post #5771 Arena settings page Posted by BorgDog (1 year ago)

Post #5801 Robowar settings page Posted by BorgDog (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

There are 6,543 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 131.
#1 10 years ago

I have been In this hobby for about 5 yrs now i think, LOL.. Without doing the math.

I have had A listers, B listers, and C listers, of all manufacturer's and i have to say, Gottliebs are what i love the most of all the pins i have ever owned...

I would like to take some picks but i just got 3 new titles in and my house looks like a disater area, but i will post some soon. promise

This thread is for all of us to enjoy these titles together, kinda like the show us your EM thread, i'm kinda jealous of those guys LOL...

Just got a Force II, BH, and a Star race, so i am quite busy getting these running up to my standards, but its fun.

lets hear from the rest of you guys...

#2 10 years ago

I'm kinda glad you guys don't collect these, more for me LOL

I must be the only one

#3 10 years ago

One of my favorite (if not favorite) era was the Gottliebs circa '81-'83.

Slowly building my collection.

#4 10 years ago

spring break is my one of my favorites along with James Bond when it's working!

#5 10 years ago

Gerry, I noticed you had Haunted House in your collection at one time.

As a Gottlieb fanatic... what caused you to unload it?

#6 10 years ago

Diamond Lady here.

#7 10 years ago

I'm here if I can help in some way ... other than by selling off my System 80 collection.

Steve

#8 10 years ago

Black Hole, Mars God of War, Torch and Q*Bert's Quest currently in my collection. Have owned several other Gtb Sys 1 and Sys80's including Genie, Pinball Pool, Panthera and Time Line. I love Gottlieb Sys80 and Sys1!

Personally I think they get a bad rap - do the grounding mods, change the connectors and these games are solid.

#9 10 years ago

Have been a big fan of series 1 and 80 Gtbs for a long time.
Current lineup;

Mars:GOW, Spiderman, BH
Sinbad, Genie, Dragon, Pinball Pool, had Close Encounters and Cleopatra
but foolishly sold them

Want to find a Totem someday.
Steve

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from Schusler:

Gerry, I noticed you had Haunted House in your collection at one time.
As a Gottlieb fanatic... what caused you to unload it?

Well. I had that game when I was still going through my DMD fascination...

I traded a routed and slightly worn T2 for it even up. at the time I wanted 1500 for the T2 cause I buried so much money in it. had 1700 in it... and couldn't sell it. got the HH in trade and boy was it nice, nice...

Sold it at Allentown 3 yrs ago, for 1700, and put the money twords a ToM...

At the time I owned it, I thought it a bit slow, shallow, and boring, but that was before I knew all of the things I know now to make these games brutaly hard and fast..

Lesson learned.. I would like another, now that speech and multiball are now capable..

I WILL own another

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from Carl_694:

Diamond Lady here.

Good fun game, and on my list....

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from Schusler:

One of my favorite (if not favorite) era was the Gottliebs circa '81-'83.
Slowly building my collection.

Schusler, what do you have in stock now?

you have nothing on pinside for your collection for me to check out

#13 10 years ago

I own a Joker Poker and a Torch and as much as I enjoy them, there's just something about the widebody System 80 games. I have Black Hole and MGOW which are fun, tough games, and just recently acquired a Devil's Dare which I have a feeling is going to be another keeper once shopped. If it's as good as these other Gottliebs, I'll be on the lookout for a Volcano soon too!

#14 10 years ago

I miss my Incredible Hulk the most really. First pin. First restore. Great gameplay. Fond memories. Someday when I have a big place and can have more than 3 games it's coming back.

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from Xtraball:

I own a Joker Poker and a Torch and as much as I enjoy them, there's just something about the widebody System 80 games. I have Black Hole and MGOW which are fun, tough games, and just recently acquired a Devil's Dare which I have a feeling is going to be another keeper once shopped. If it's as good as these other Gottliebs, I'll be on the lookout for a Volcano soon too!

Hey Scott, Keep me up on the DD progress...

Cant wait to hear all about it...

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from Whridlsoncestood:

I miss my Incredible Hulk the most really. First pin. First restore. Great gameplay. Fond memories. Someday when I have a big place and can have more than 3 games it's coming back.

Jim put on an addition

#17 10 years ago

Yeah Gerry I'm in the middle of repinning connectors. Hopefully that will get this bad boy to boot up. I don't think it's gonna need a CPU like the seller thought. Might decide to demylarize it and give it to Jim to work his magic! Just kidding Jim, but keep up the awesome work. It's nice to know there's a top notch restorer right down the road from me.

#18 10 years ago

Just an FYI, look for nine Spirit pinballs at the PAGG show in 2014.

Steve

#19 10 years ago
Quoted from blownfuse:

Just an FYI, look for nine Spirit pinballs at the PAGG show in 2014.
Steve

Your killin me Steve ~!

#20 10 years ago
Quoted from Xtraball:

Yeah Gerry I'm in the middle of repinning connectors. Hopefully that will get this bad boy to boot up. I don't think it's gonna need a CPU like the seller thought. Might decide to demylarize it and give it to Jim to work his magic! Just kidding Jim, but keep up the awesome work. It's nice to know there's a top notch restorer right down the road from me.

Thanks Scott for the kind words. I need to come play this bad boy. Ct crew get togethers are lacking big time lately. I just secured the pinball store in Milford for the league and some tournaments and hope to do an open house there probably next Thursday night of your free. Trying to get the local players together to check it out before we start in January.

Don't own my place here in CT Gerry. Plenty of room in the house we still own and rent out up in Maine. Its a tough choice. Stay here and make good money to afford this hobby but be limited in space or move back to Maine and have room but make shitty money.

#21 10 years ago

Working on a NOS Bounty Hunter playfield swap now, just rewired the LED G.I. in the head.

Steve

WP_002399.jpgWP_002399.jpg
All LED lighting wired under the playfield too. Next is moving the underside parts along with replacing anything worn.
WP_002745.jpgWP_002745.jpg

#22 10 years ago

Jim I'm going to try to make it next Thursday night. Let me know what time to be there.

#23 10 years ago

Will get an email out tommorow to the crew and talk to mike at the store end of the week to nail a time.

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from Whridlsoncestood:

Don't own my place here in CT Gerry. Plenty of room in the house we still own and rent out up in Maine. Its a tough choice. Stay here and make good money to afford this hobby but be limited in space or move back to Maine and have room but make shitty money.

Jim, gotcha now...

I am Soooo outta room right now its not funny, just let my LCA go to free up a spot, and some coin to put twords the 3 new Gott's I just picked up

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from Gerry:

I have been In this hobby for about 5 yrs now i think, LOL.. Without doing the math.
I have had A listers, B listers, and C listers, of all manufacturer's and i have to say, Gottliebs are what i love the most of all the pins i have ever owned...
I would like to take some picks but i just got 3 new titles in and my house looks like a disater area, but i will post some soon. promise
This thread is for all of us to enjoy these titles together, kinda like the show us your EM thread, i'm kinda jealous of those guys LOL...
Just got a Force II, BH, and a Star race, so i am quite busy getting these running up to my standards, but its fun.
lets hear from the rest of you guys...

dont feel like the lone ranger gerry i love and play my gotts the most and my pinball pool will be the last one to leave I told my kids when they put me in the old folks home i want my pinball pool in my room . hopefully i would still have enough brains left to know the rules on it Ha Ha

#26 10 years ago

image.jpgimage.jpg
Does Night Moves count? It's a System 80B and I like it a lot, especially with the playfield perspective you get with a cocktail table pin.

#27 10 years ago
Quoted from annointed:

Does Night Moves count? It's a System 80B and I like it a lot, especially with the playfield perspective you get with a cocktail table pin.

Yes it does sir

image.jpg 157 KB

#28 10 years ago

I kinda like the Systems 80's just for the challenge of getting them running! I tinker more than I play though and I like electrical challenges! I hope to add Black Hole to my current list soon. Gold Wings was a hoot to work on! When I got it you had to hit the left initial button to kick a ball out to the shooter lane. Well somebody had took lamp cord and bypassed the auxiliary transistor under the playfield because it was bad. They added another switch contact to the left initial button and hooked one leg of the lamp cord to the coil and the other to ground. Multiball anytime you wanted it! Fixing the daughterboard was a experience also!

#29 10 years ago

Umm how could I forget that I also have a Joker Poker and Cleopatra, though at the moment they share Cleo's cabinet Affectionately known in the VRPA as Jokerpatra.

#30 10 years ago

I currently have a Spiderman, Joker Poker, Sinbad, Hulk and Close Encounters. I had an Asteroid Annie and stupidly sold it when some bills needed paying. I now have pascal boards in all of them apart form the CE which has a Ni Wumpf in it. I get a kick out of bringing these old girls back to life.

I love the simplicity of the Sys 1 machines along with the brutality of game play. They look very simple but kick butt more often than not.

#31 10 years ago
Quoted from woz:

.Jokerpatra.

LMAO

#32 10 years ago
Quoted from Pintoxicated:

I currently have a Spiderman, Joker Poker, Sinbad, Hulk and Close Encounters. I had an Asteroid Annie and stupidly sold it when some bills needed paying. I now have pascal boards in all of them apart form the CE which has a Ni Wumpf in it. I get a kick out of bringing these old girls back to life.
I love the simplicity of the Sys 1 machines along with the brutality of game play. They look very simple but kick butt more often than not.

Just got my BH set up last night, and I haven't even dialed it in yet and it has been handing me my ASS !

Back before I got heavy into Gott's, I had played 4 or 5 examples of BH that were floaty, not dialed in and slow, boring at best.

Then I played one the way it was meant to be... WOW..

This one I have now is working 100 n ow that I have straightened out the sound issue, and I can see already I will have my hands full once properly shopped and tweaked...

As you said, brutal will be a good description.

#33 10 years ago

since we have a club...must be some gurus! Anybody have any suggestions for my issue??

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/system-80-stuck-coil

#34 10 years ago

Can I join with this hot mess I'm getting ready to tear into?

I'm sure to have plenty of questions soon!

6.jpg6.jpg

#35 10 years ago

Does Devil's Dare use the same size playfield glass as Haunted House and Black Hole? My DD has no playfield glass. Marco sells Sys80 glass and lists a bunch of compatible games, but DD is not on the list. The measurements they gave look like they should work, but I'd prefer no surprises.

#36 10 years ago

In. Just picked up a Victory that I'm currently trying to clean. Anyone have any experience with one of these janky Vitrigraph play fields?

4CWFKZw.jpg4CWFKZw.jpg
#37 10 years ago

I've got a collection of 1 right now (Counterforce) always looking to add more but it's tough to track down anything worth buying local living where I do. I picked this poor guy up over the summer, likely saved it from the junkyard. Looking forward to getting some time with it but it's tough when there's a new baby to take care of.

Anyway, here are a few pics of the electronics, thankfully the playfield is in much more reasonable shape. Far more reasonable than the electronics that's for damn sure.

Leak much?
IMG_0256.JPGIMG_0256.JPG

Damaged so badly that someone had to use fibreglass patch to fix it at one point I guess?
IMG_0259.JPGIMG_0259.JPG
IMG_0260.JPGIMG_0260.JPG

Looks like a little bit of corrosion around the transistors until...
IMG_0261.JPGIMG_0261.JPG

Holy shit, what the hell happened here?!
IMG_0263.JPGIMG_0263.JPG

Anyway, yay pinball repair!

#38 10 years ago

Yes, they are interchangeable.

Steve

Quoted from Cheeks:

Does Devil's Dare use the same size playfield glass as Haunted House and Black Hole? My DD has no playfield glass. Marco sells Sys80 glass and lists a bunch of compatible games, but DD is not on the list. The measurements they gave look like they should work, but I'd prefer no surprises.

#39 10 years ago

I've got a hot shots that I don't want to fix because it looks so lame. I don't have the heart to use it for parts so it just sits in a corner all folded up and lonely.

#40 10 years ago
Quoted from blownfuse:

Yes, they are interchangeable.
Steve

you beat me to it !

I didn't know marco offered glass..

I asked Steve at PBR and he didn't and couldn't get any...

Good to know

#41 10 years ago
Quoted from canea:

Can I join with this hot mess I'm getting ready to tear into?
I'm sure to have plenty of questions soon!

Hell yes... !

6.jpg 101 KB

#42 10 years ago

This is my Sys 80. Wasn't working when I got it. Put in new Rottendog MPU, rebuilt all of the connectors in the back box and rebuilt the roto target. Works like a champ now. Pretty fun as well as it plays a lot like Genie.

20131130_173707_Richtone(HDR).jpg20131130_173707_Richtone(HDR).jpg
#43 10 years ago

Anyone know if it's possible to get a System 1 PI-1 X4 these days? They look really nice.

#44 10 years ago
Quoted from biggestboss:

Anyone know if it's possible to get a System 1 PI-1 X4 these days? They look really nice.

Yes you can directly through Pascal. I don't use any other replacement boards now, they are superb and Pascal is very easy to deal with as well as being a good guy. I believe Pascal's boards are worth every cent. His Sys 80 boards are just as good, I ended up putting one in my Spiderman.

www.flippp.fr is Pascal's website.

#45 10 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

This is my Sys 80. Wasn't working when I got it. Put in new Rottendog MPU, rebuilt all of the connectors in the back box and rebuilt the roto target. Works like a champ now. Pretty fun as well as it plays a lot like Genie.

20131130_173707_Richtone(HDR).jp... 256 KB

I would love a Circus machine. I have only ever seen one for sale here in Australia.

#46 10 years ago

If you dial your Star Race in correctly it will be more than challenging. The shots have to be spot on, right spot and speed, especially the upper right kickout!

#47 10 years ago
Quoted from Pintoxicated:

Yes you can directly through Pascal. I don't use any other replacement boards now, they are superb and Pascal is very easy to deal with as well as being a good guy. I believe Pascal's boards are worth every cent. His Sys 80 boards are just as good, I ended up putting one in my Spiderman.
http://www.flippp.fr is Pascal's website.

OK thanks, I guess they are just temporarily unavailable.

#48 10 years ago

If anyone is feeling charitable I am experiencing extreme distress over my first cleaning job and would greatly appreciate some reassurance and or advice. Sys80b Victory:

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metal-rail-flaking-off-gottlieb-victory-beginner-shopping

#49 10 years ago

gotta Charlie's angels here! looking for a new bg as well

#50 10 years ago
Quoted from Gerry:

Schusler, what do you have in stock now?
you have nothing on pinside for your collection for me to check out

Gerry, My current Gottlieb collection consists of:

Bounty Hunter
TX-Sector
Genesis
Buck Rogers
Spirit
Hollywood Heat (project)

REALLY, REALLY want to find a Gottlieb PUNK and a Striker (cheap plug!)

I've been cheating lately and adding more Data East and Stern pins!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8.00
Playfield - Other
Cobra Amusements

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

2,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shakopee, MN
$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Toast-Mach1 Mods Shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 89.00
Electronics
That Old Pinball

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Nashville, TN
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

1,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sullivan, WI
$ 99.00
Playfield - Other
RGP Models

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

2,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Jefferson, WI
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 6.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

There are 6,543 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 131.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/home-for-the-gottlieb-sys1-sys-80b-guys-yep-i-guess-it-a-club and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.