(Topic ID: 69131)

High Speed Club ~ Dispatch, this is 504. We have a Club now, over.

By lordloss

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,252 posts
  • 470 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 days ago by mrbvp1
  • Topic is favorited by 232 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

hs road sign (resized).jpg
s11_cpu_schematic_special_solenoids.jpg
20240403_131306 (resized).jpg
hs switch (resized).PNG
IMG_0889 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8210 (resized).jpeg
20240326_195103 (resized).jpg
IMG_8206 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8205 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8204 (resized).jpeg
20240323_114047 (resized).jpg
20240323_114044 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240323_141338781 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240323_141224504 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240323_141349054 (resized).jpg
IMG_6224 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,252 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 126.
#701 9 years ago

PM's have been sent to all that expressed interest in this ramp. Already got a few responses back, but Pinside is not allowing me to respond to any more. Evidently due to potential spammers... So if you don't hear back from me today, I will respond if necessary tomorrow...

#702 9 years ago

We know that like machines can play differently. I received the first parts shipped to me yesterday for the ramp assembly and just for fun, compared the wear on the ball guide on the inside of the entrance to the ramp. In the attached photo, are two guides. The top one came out of my game and the lower one came out of mjw's game. You can see distinct difference in the ball travel. Just trivia...

IMG_0431.JPGIMG_0431.JPG
#703 9 years ago

In case any of you decide to relocate your stop light to the back corner, it was pretty simple. What I did was cut about a 1/4 deep notch...long enough to fit the existing bracket on the stop light, into the side of the playfield back board...right at the top. Then just used one screw to attach it (outside hole in the bracket) The natural bend in the bracket angles the light perfectly. As far as wiring, had to extend the existing wiring about a foot. Wire harness wraps around behind the back board and comes to the stop light where the notch is. I did put one wire holder on the back board near where it comes around to the stop light just to keep it secure.

#704 9 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

In case any of you decide to relocate your stop light to the back corner, it was pretty simple. What I did was cut about a 1/4 deep notch...long enough to fit the existing bracket on the stop light, into the side of the playfield back board...right at the top. Then just used one screw to attach it (outside hole in the bracket) The natural bend in the bracket angles the light perfectly. As far as wiring, had to extend the existing wiring about a foot. Wire harness wraps around behind the back board and comes to the stop light where the notch is. I did put one wire holder on the back board near where it comes around to the stop light just to keep it secure.

It would be cool if someone could find a stop light that actually looks like a stop light about the same size..
especially since mine's all melted up..

#705 9 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

It would be cool if someone could find a stop light that actually looks like a stop light about the same size..
especially since mine's all melted up..

I'm actually thinking about it, but have my hands full right now...So...what exactly happened to melt your machine?

#706 9 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

I'm actually thinking about it, but have my hands full right now...So...what exactly happened to melt your machine?

That's a good question .I don't know I picked it up that way it was described as needing some work.lol
the play field was trashed, all the plastics were melted. and the wiring was a mess . I got it running ,
I was going to restore the play field but someone removed the marlar and I think played on it that way,
the glue left over will not come off using any of the prescribed methods on here believe me I've tried.
but I was lucky enough to get one of the remade play fields . so it looks like a full restore is in order.
It didn't have any water damage so I don’t think it was in a fire or left outside> the only thing I could think of was it was left by a window and the hot sun was allowed to beat down on it.
I already fixes up the cab, now onto the play field swap, no turning back now!

20140304_183118_Richtone(HDR).jpg20140304_183118_Richtone(HDR).jpg 20140321_194537.jpg20140321_194537.jpg 20140504_183053.jpg20140504_183053.jpg 20140504_183057.jpg20140504_183057.jpg
#707 9 years ago

So, good timing for a new ramp!

#708 9 years ago

There's a real simple upgrade you can do with your playfield torn down... The two upper rollover stars were never lighted. You will see that the GI wiring is right there and handy if you want put lights under them. I did my playfield swap a couple months ago and the only thing I really had trouble with are the roll overs. They say you need to clear out the "vanes" to be sure that the star will move freely...however, I think that the clear coat also put a thick layer down in the roll over plastic which prevents the star from going down far enough (down even with the playfield).. If this is not addressed, the high speed shots around the freeway will be spoiled by the star sticking up. I need to take mine back out and redo them.

#709 9 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

So, good timing for a new ramp!

truth be told I already bought a new black one . but I think the clear one looks so much better. I sent my parts you should be getting them soon.

let me know if you come up with any kind of stop light. or if someone could model one up I have axcess to a 3D printer.

#710 9 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

There's a real simple upgrade you can do with your playfield torn down... The two upper rollover stars were never lighted. You will see that the GI wiring is right there and handy if you want put lights under them. I did my playfield swap a couple months ago and the only thing I really had trouble with are the roll overs. They say you need to clear out the "vanes" to be sure that the star will move freely...however, I think that the clear coat also put a thick layer down in the roll over plastic which prevents the star from going down far enough (down even with the playfield).. If this is not addressed, the High Speed shots around the freeway will be spoiled by the star sticking up. I need to take mine back out and redo them.

Thanks for the heads up, I will look into it, better now while it's still accessible .

#711 9 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

truth be told I already bought a new black one . but I think the clear one looks so much better. I sent my parts you should be getting them soon.
let me know if you come up with any kind of stop light. or if someone could model one up I have axcess to a 3D printer.

I think 3-d printers are a ways off from doing everything people think they can, but a stop light would be VERY doable. Have to think about that one.

#712 9 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

I can help also...if someone wants to do the design. I'm a bit backed up but not on printing capability.

#713 9 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

if someone wants to do the design

I could design a stoplight model in a heartbeat if anyone is interested

*edit: like this:
stoplight_model.jpgstoplight_model.jpg

#714 9 years ago

Obviously I have my hands full right now. Would have to give consideration for depth for the electronics inside. I also thought that a Stop Light that looked more like a real one...that being the depth far less than the stock and maybe even a little less than you show, BUT basically mounted through the back board. Plenty of room in the back of the machine for the electronics and many machines already do extend playfield parts through the back. Fun stuff!

#715 9 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

I could design a stoplight model in a heartbeat if anyone is interested
*edit: like this:
stoplight_model.jpg 24 KB

Splendid -- just needs depth for the bulbs and bracket. I'd rather mount something in the corner, than cut into cabinet rear wall.
-mof

#716 9 years ago

Here's a close up of a real stop light . we have one at work don't ask why.

20140505_142157.jpg20140505_142157.jpg 20140505_142206.jpg20140505_142206.jpg 20140505_142213.jpg20140505_142213.jpg 20140505_142220.jpg20140505_142220.jpg
#717 9 years ago

I'm going to start populating my new play field, I'm going to make new rails out of solid oak.
would anyone elese be interested in a set? I'm thinking 15.00+shipping.

20140505_175255.jpg20140505_175255.jpg 20140505_180300.jpg20140505_180300.jpg
#718 9 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

I'm going to start populating my new play field, I'm going to make new rails out of solid oak.
20140505_175255.jpg 131 KB
20140505_180300.jpg 126 KB

I'm at the same spot too, first time doing a PF swap. What's the value in using new rails?
-mof

#719 9 years ago
Quoted from CASTHOF:

Well now that you mention it.....
1. 25 "staple" light sockets in the game
2. 26 T-nuts all size 6-32
3. I bought 15' of ground wire and will have plenty to spair
4. Coil wrappers from PPS
(3) FL 23/600-30/2600 50V Coil wrapper - original style - WMS# 16-8799-6
Item # PPA-CW-FL-23-600-30-2600-50V
(8) AE-23-800 Coil wrapper - original style - WMS# 16-8943-1
Item # PPA-CW-AE-23-800
(1) AL-23-800 Coil wrapper - original style - WMS# 16-8943-2
Item # PPA-CW-AL-23-800
(3) AE-24-900 Coil wrapper - original style - WMS# 16-8943-4
Item # PPA-CW-AE-24-900
(2) -02 Coil wrapper - original style - WMS# 16-8944-02W
Item # PPA-CW--02W
(8) -03 Coil wrapper - original style - WMS# 16-8944-03W
Item # PPA-CW--03W
(3) -01 Coil wrapper - original style - WMS# 16-8944-01W
Item # PPA-CW--01W

Hi. Total noob here with 2 questions. First, what are the light sockets that I will need? Can't seem to find a part number or where to order. Second, on the cool wrappers. I'm assuming that's an aesthetic thing, meaning I don't need to worry about that unless I want to for looks, right?

Thank you so much for this list!

#720 9 years ago
Quoted from mof:

I'm at the same spot too, first time doing a PF swap. What's the value in using new rails?
-mof

Take a close look at the original rails there just pine wrapped with plastic vernier to look like oak.
solid oak ones are harder, will look better and be stronger, more ridged will help keep the play field from sagging.

#721 9 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

Take a close look at the original rails there just pine wrapped with plastic vernier to look like oak.
solid oak ones are harder, will look better and be stronger, more ridged will help keep the play field from sagging.

Ah, sounds like a good upgrade to me.
-mof

#722 9 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Ah, sounds like a good upgrade to me.
-mof

ya simple enough and I have plenty of wood. Or I could make it out of something else?
what do you think here's what I got on hand
1) Oak
2)cherry
3}Walnut
4)Mahogany
5)Bubinga
6)Maple
7)cocobolo

#723 9 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

Here's a close up of a real stop light . we have one at work don't ask why.

20140505_142157.jpg 128 KB

20140505_142206.jpg 104 KB

20140505_142213.jpg 74 KB

20140505_142220.jpg 160 KB

I vote for a stop light like that.

#724 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I vote for a stop light like that.

That would be awesome and a perfect match for those on the playfield. Personally I do not have a problem with cutting into the back board. It's just a piece of wood that could very easily be reproduced if necessary. I might try to make one out of a block of acrylic. Maybe a casting? Hmmm no sleep tonight!

#725 9 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

That would be awesome and a perfect match for those on the playfield. Personally I do not have a problem with cutting into the back board. It's just a piece of wood that could very easily be reproduced if necessary. I might try to make one out of a block of acrylic. Maybe a casting? Hmmm no sleep tonight!

Your a real brain Mark, if anyone can do it you can.

#726 9 years ago

Question...which warming resistor(s) control the 2 bare 89 flashers on the very back of the pf. I'd like to change them to leds.

#727 9 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

Me!

#728 9 years ago

Those will work well with...YOUR NEW CLEAR RAMPS THAT ARE IN THE MAIL!!! Well, dsuperbee's.... and tonycip's tomorrow...

#729 9 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

I'm interested!

#730 9 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Those will work well with...YOUR NEW CLEAR RAMPS THAT ARE IN THE MAIL!!! Well, dsuperbee's.... and tonycip's tomorrow...

I can use them in the meantime to help stop the twist in my repro PF, since I don't know when I am going to have time to start the repro work

#731 9 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

I can use them in the meantime to help stop the twist in my repro PF, since I don't know when I am going to have time to start the repro work

Totally understand. I did my playfield then took a right turn to do these ramps. Have a friend waiting for me to do his HS swap...but the good news is he wants the new ramp and stoplight relocation.

#732 9 years ago

Ok I made 4 extra solid oak rail set's please pm me if you want 1. add your zip code so I can get a shipping quote.
thanks 15.00 + shipping.

#733 9 years ago

Had some inquiries about specifically how I did the stop light relocation. Basically you would need to remove the back board on the playfield. If you do not want to remove the playfield, you can remove the six screws that holds it to the playfield and remove it. Note that it is probably a little "stuck" in place, but after removing the 6 screws, a little "rap" and it will come loose. Relocation required extending the wire harness about 1 foot. I did not have 4 pin connectors when I did this (Will order next time) so just soldered and shrink wrapped extensions. When I get the new connectors I will redo it. Wires do not have to match the existing harness, but just do one at a time and it will work fine. Note that I put the extension on the wires attached to the stop light. So, basically cut a notch no more than 1/4" deep as shown in the photos. Initially I mounted mine in the lower screw hole but there was insufficient clearance over the plastic. Notch also allows room for the wire to come around the end of the playfield. Also used one small wire holder to keep the wire positioned. So...photos below... let me know if you have any questions.

IMG_0428.JPGIMG_0428.JPG IMG_0432.JPGIMG_0432.JPG IMG_0433.JPGIMG_0433.JPG IMG_0434.JPGIMG_0434.JPG IMG_0435.JPGIMG_0435.JPG IMG_0436.JPGIMG_0436.JPG IMG_0437.JPGIMG_0437.JPG
#734 9 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Had some inquiries about specifically how I did the stop light relocation.

Nice pics. Looks good.
-mof

#735 9 years ago

Mark, why didn't you refinish the board? You can see it real good now so sand-sand-sand-paint-paint-paint.

#736 9 years ago

Now I get it. Thanks Mark

#737 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Mark, why didn't you refinish the board? You can see it real good now so sand-sand-sand-paint-paint-paint.

The board actually was repainted. But when screwed together, the paint naturally sticks together. I only took it out to do the stop light...then again to take the photos... Did you get your parts shipped? Your ramp awaits..

#738 9 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

Now I get it. Thanks Mark

Now I want to make a new stop light!

#739 9 years ago

Where's the best place to get the 15 replacement standup targets from?
thanks!
-mof

#740 9 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Where's the best place to get the 15 replacement standup targets from?
thanks!
-mof

I had to replace on a few months back and used this one: http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=313

#741 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Question...which warming resistor(s) control the 2 bare 89 flashers on the very back of the pf. I'd like to change them to leds.

Anyone know this? Mine are not working at all. Where can you find replacement resistors?

#742 9 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Did you get your parts shipped? Your ramp awaits..

Yup, on their way.

#743 9 years ago
Quoted from pinballholder:

I had to replace on a few months back and used this one: http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=313

Do you use the same red targets for all 9 red targets or are the lower ones different?

#744 9 years ago

The six lower ones are different on my machine.

#745 9 years ago

The 9 colored targets are front mount. the 6 reds lower and rear mount. Different. They have to be, since the tachometer inserts get in the way, and in the upper area the lightbulbs get in the way of where a rear bracket would go.
-mof

#746 9 years ago

I bought 15 plastic targets at 1.25$ each from PBR and riveted them to my existing switches.

http://www.pbresource.com/switches/gtb-a9374red.jpg

#747 9 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

Anyone know this? Mine are not working at all. Where can you find replacement resistors?

The resistors that control these are on a board under the playfield. They use the rectangular (box-like) "mortar" resistors. The vibration from being under the playfield often causes a lead from these to break. I forget the values for the resistors, but they are commonly available at marco, etc.

#748 9 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

Just a thought...When I got my High Speed none of my flashers were working. Figured I roll up my sleeves and start trouble shooting... But, I decided to try a new bulb first. Turned out, ALL of my flashers were burnt out.

#749 9 years ago
Quoted from Pacer:

The resistors that control these are on a board under the playfield. They use the rectangular (box-like) "mortar" resistors. The vibration from being under the playfield often causes a lead from these to break. I forget the values for the resistors, but they are commonly available at marco, etc.

Thanks did not realize Marco has them.

#750 9 years ago

So all those resistors are just for warming up the flashers? if I use led"s will they no longer be needed?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

3,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Collegeville, PA
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 28.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Copley, OH
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Machine - For Sale
Orange, CA
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, ON
$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 6,252 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 126.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/high-speed-club-dispatch-this-is-504-we-have-a-club-now-over/page/15 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.