(Topic ID: 69131)

High Speed Club ~ Dispatch, this is 504. We have a Club now, over.

By lordloss

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,252 posts
  • 470 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 days ago by mrbvp1
  • Topic is favorited by 232 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

hs road sign (resized).jpg
s11_cpu_schematic_special_solenoids.jpg
20240403_131306 (resized).jpg
hs switch (resized).PNG
IMG_0889 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8210 (resized).jpeg
20240326_195103 (resized).jpg
IMG_8206 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8205 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8204 (resized).jpeg
20240323_114047 (resized).jpg
20240323_114044 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240323_141338781 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240323_141224504 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240323_141349054 (resized).jpg
IMG_6224 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1871 Lane change and EOS positioning. Posted by GRUMPY (6 years ago)

Post #2703 Original flipper wiring photos. Posted by Pin-Pilot (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

There are 6,252 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 126.
#1 10 years ago

This game is too good to not have its own club. Lets use this topic to talk about the game!

#2 10 years ago

My first pin purchase and it will never leave.

#4 10 years ago

I have a couple of goals with this thread. I'd like to use it for updates as I fix up my High Speed and to help others with their machines. I'd also like to use it as an alert for when the CPR High Speed playfields are being completed.

If anyone see's any of these upcoming playfields for for sale on the store before I do, please post here.

#5 10 years ago

I have one for sale in So. Cal. If anyone would like pics. let me know.

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from PinsRfun:

+1

#7 10 years ago

I need some plastics mine. Does anyone have slingshots plastics or pop number covers?

#8 10 years ago

Game in my collection I've had the longest. Not likely to be sold.

#9 10 years ago

Have mine for over 25 years. Back then I bought an original playfield for 250 and restored it, been in my basement since. Love it....

#10 10 years ago

First game and still have. Original topper and helicopter plastics are missing quite often.

#11 10 years ago

Thanks to CPR one day my HS might live again

hs-mylar-3.jpghs-mylar-3.jpg
#12 10 years ago
Quoted from wiredoug:

Thanks to CPR one day my HS might live again

egads, I thought mine was bad. You win

#13 10 years ago

High Speed is one of very few seminal games. I am glad I got hold of one.

That pic is really ugly. Almost looks like a chemical burns.

#14 10 years ago

The first game i bought 13 years ago. I still love this title and play it regularly. I sold the beater version a couple years ago and bought a restored version. Great game.

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from PinsRfun:

+1

Quoted from pinballbrat:

I need some plastics mine. Does anyone have slingshots plastics or pop number covers?

I made my own pop bumper covers and posted the DIY info with image file pdf here: http://www.maaca.org/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=8498

100_0553.JPG100_0553.JPG
#16 10 years ago

My mylar removal on HS went way better than that, yikes!

Sam

#17 10 years ago

thread includes HS2?

#18 10 years ago

My first pin also. So many "one more game" attempts at getting the jackpot.

The ramp is cracked along the seam right at the left entrance and traveling up a few inches. Any suggestions for repair? I've tried Krazy Glue with limited success.

#19 10 years ago

I'm in.

Cool game. I love the attract mode with the light going off every now and then.

#20 10 years ago

Mine is placed next to HS2. I don't know which one is more fun to play?

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

dispatch he got away, over

"He what??"

This is the machine that got me hooked on pinball and that made video games obsolete.

#22 10 years ago

Anyone have any traffic lights for sale? The one on my high speed needs to be replaced.

#23 10 years ago

Bought mine in 2006 (I think) as a 250 dollar project, not working and filthy.

Taught myself color matching to do some touch-up in the pop bumper area, as well as where the ball leaves the ramp and the kickout. Ended up finding a NOS ramp for it for 50 bucks (before the repro, when the NOS ramps were impossible to find and went for 250), a complete non broken set of pop bumper caps for 12 on ebay, and a good MPU with no corrosion for 300. All in all I have 700 into a 250 dollar game!

But it is NOT leaving. Been waiting very patiently for the repro PF, and I am excited that it is almost here!

Only mods I have done on the game are LEDs in the GI and inserts, lit the left rollover (Right rollover didn't have enough space), and the kickout saucer (which has the prototype Cliffy protector I made from an ES zone 5 protector), and added an extra bulb under the ramp, right behind the upper left targets.

As I said, it is great this game has been getting repro stuff made! Backglasses, ramps, plastics, the traffic light, etc...all used to be IMPOSSIBLE to find.

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Anyone have any traffic lights for sale? The one on my High Speed needs to be replaced.

BAA has em for 25 bucks give or take.

http://bayareaamusements.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Store_Code=BAA&Screen=PROD&Product_Code=MX-B-10999

Out of stock at the moment.

#25 10 years ago

High speed was My 1st Pin I got. I love it. And I lucked out and it was in killer shape. The only thing I did besides was replace the red beacon with something way more appropriate:

high-speed-police-lights.jpghigh-speed-police-lights.jpg

And it in action!
https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=CD37CD651F259491&id=CD37CD651F259491%211446

#26 10 years ago
Quoted from OTTOgd:

+1

I made my own pop bumper covers and posted the DIY info with image file pdf here: http://www.maaca.org/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=8498

100_0553.JPG 40 KB

Thanks. I work for a printing company and can have these printed and die cut very easily. If anyone needs a few please let me know.

#27 10 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Anyone have any traffic lights for sale? The one on my High Speed needs to be replaced.

I have one original one. Slightly heat warped but not bad at all.

Shipping will be pricey tho.

#28 10 years ago
Quoted from harbngr:

High Speed was My 1st Pin I got. I love it. And I lucked out and it was in killer shape. The only thing I did besides was replace the red beacon with something way more appropriate:

And it in action!
https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=CD37CD651F259491&id=CD37CD651F259491%211446

high-speed-police-lights.jpg 125 KB

Where did you get that topper from?

#30 10 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Where did you get that topper from?

An old police light off of craigslist. had to do some modifications to it, but came out pretty good.

#31 10 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

I'm in.
Cool game. I love the attract mode with the light going off every now and then.

I turned my light off during attract mode only to save the motor, not needed if the game isn't being played.

#32 10 years ago

I'am in. I bought mine back in Nov. 2008, its been my only pinball machine. l
Like others, it was my favorite in the arcades.

Quick question, I changed the flipper rubbers and now the ball launches off the flippers and gets air and the ball lands mid playfield. What is happening here? I have the rubbers between the grooves on the flipper bats, this has me scratching my head.

#33 10 years ago
Quoted from Jeff_PHX_AZ:

I'am in. I bought mine back in Nov. 2008, its been my only pinball machine. l
Like others, it was my favorite in the arcades.
Quick question, I changed the flipper rubbers and now the ball launches off the flippers and gets air and the ball lands mid playfield. What is happening here? I have the rubbers between the grooves on the flipper bats, this has me scratching my head.

What is the angle of the PF, and are you using the right flipper bats?

#34 10 years ago

Yes Williams bats they been there for 2 years when I put them on. They played fine I changed the rubber is all and now air balls. When the flipper strikes the ball it gets air and lands mid pf.

#35 10 years ago

My buddy had this issue with the older Bally ribbed bats that were on his BR. He changed the bats and no issue. I would check the alignment on your bats. Make sure they are the proper height, and are not broken or cracked.

#36 10 years ago

Nothing is broke or cracked, flippers same height as before I just changed the rubber on them and noticed the air balls off the flippers.

#37 10 years ago
Quoted from Jeff_PHX_AZ:

Nothing is broke or cracked, flippers same height as before I just changed the rubber on them and noticed the air balls off the flippers.

Weird!

Try flipper the rubbers, so the inside is on the outside.

#38 10 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

Weird!
Try flipper the rubbers, so the inside is on the outside.

I'd try different rubbers. On my street fighter 2, I changed out the rubbers and the ones I had picked out couldn't make the ramp shots. Went back to the old ones for now, but they make a huge difference

#39 10 years ago

OMG a High Speed Club !!!
Awesome !!!

#40 10 years ago

Just added mine this year and it's as much fun as I remember from years ago - yeah I'm old - on location. Don't intend to part with it any time soon. Look forward to being an active part of this club. Thanks to all.

#41 10 years ago

I can't wait to try vid's flipper rebuild guide on my HS. I'm upgrading the flippers mechs to the later WMS versions as well.

#42 10 years ago

I did the flipper upgrade. It was well worth it. I also lit up the rollovers with red leds and tied them to GI. What other mods have you done?

#43 10 years ago

I sold my modded HS to a friend this summer. I had LED red and blue police strobes on each side of the gumball light and a lighted police car mod
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/high-speed-speed-trap-interceptor-mod

#44 10 years ago

I have one, it was my 2nd pin, and will stay with me as long as I can still play it. Love this game, its my go to pin
when the newer ones kick my butt. It's a beater but plays fast. I am on CPR's list for a new playfield, Can't wait
until they are done. It's a just let me play one more game Hon I almost had that damn jackpot kind of game

#45 10 years ago

I'm in as of yesterday!
"We're in pursuit! "

#46 10 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

I'm in as of yesterday!
"We're in pursuit! "

Welcome. !!

#47 10 years ago

I orederd a set of custom pinballs for my high speed. Check it out.

First one reads Kingpin..

Screen Shot 2013-11-13 at 9.26.14 PM.pngScreen Shot 2013-11-13 at 9.26.14 PM.png
Screen Shot 2013-11-13 at 9.26.29 PM.pngScreen Shot 2013-11-13 at 9.26.29 PM.png
Screen Shot 2013-11-13 at 9.25.37 PM.pngScreen Shot 2013-11-13 at 9.25.37 PM.png

#48 10 years ago

If Anyone is close to Iowa... and wants to invite me over.... Yes Please and THX>.... Can bring Food or Fav.. Beverage....

Would love to find one and become part of the HS. Or Getaway Club.

#49 10 years ago

Im so in!! I've always loved this machine, and now that I actually have one, the magic is stronger than ever. Running from the cops is fun, but im all about lighting those spinners and cranking 'em!!

Im going to be doing a flipper rebuild this winter and cannot wait to really give my HS some high speed!

#50 10 years ago

Someone's custom High Speed topper from the Ottawa Pinball show this year

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=5XzUffXfUvI

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 179.99
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
G-Money Mods

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
RobTune

$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 72.50
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Red Oak, TX
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Surfside Beach, SC
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
There are 6,252 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 126.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/high-speed-club-dispatch-this-is-504-we-have-a-club-now-over and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.