(Topic ID: 65838)

Hey Pinside, we've got a new server and a new look!

By robin

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 380 posts
  • 171 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by horseflesh
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

temp.png
Screen Shot 2013-12-11 at 00.02.22 am.png
blank_image_example.jpg
001.JPG
Capture.PNG
Screen Shot 2013-10-10 at 16.40.50 .png
smokinhot.jpg
Frankenstein.jpg
Screen Shot 2013-10-09 at 21.58.44 PM.png
icons.PNG
settings.JPG
image.jpg
changes.png
There are 380 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 8.
#351 10 years ago

clicking on link at bottom of forum for page 10

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum0

404 Not Found

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

nginx

then clicking on number link for page 1 from page 10 error page

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/page/1

Pinside Pinball Forum » Page not found!

Page not found!

1 week later
#352 10 years ago
Quoted from KingNine:

The sticky thread issue. If there is not a new post in the PAY IT FORWARD Sticky Thread it WILL NOT show it. You can check the "show all sticky" link underneath it but that only last for the moment you click it. If you navigate away or refresh it will dissapear again. This is a huge issue (IMHO) with the PAY IT FORWARD thread. No one can see it anymore.

This is essentially the intended behaviour. Hide the thread if there's nothing new in it since your last visit.

Quoted from KingNine:

Please look into fixing the search function. It only seems to care about one word and will not let you search strings. The results are scattered and the newest posts it finds are always on the last page of results no matter what you check to sort by.

I've spent some time on this today and added functionality to do phrase searches and much more. Check out the search page and be sure to open the search tips that I wrote.

Quoted from KingNine:

It would be great if we could search the user to PM. I was trying to PM a certain user my brother mailed something to but could not do it. I would have had to find him somewhere in a random post to click the PM button.

You can! Go to community and then click on the cool "Find Pinsiders" link:

Screen Shot 2013-12-11 at 00.02.22 am.pngScreen Shot 2013-12-11 at 00.02.22 am.png

From a users profile page you can hit the PM tab and starting direct messaging someone!

#353 10 years ago
Quoted from BobC:

clicking on link at bottom of forum for page 10
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum0
404 Not Found
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
nginx
then clicking on number link for page 1 from page 10 error page
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/page/1
Pinside Pinball Forum » Page not found!
Page not found!

This was just fixed. It turned out to be a silly programming error on my end.

#354 10 years ago
Quoted from robin:

This is essentially the intended behaviour. Hide the thread if there's nothing new in it since your last visit.

I've spent some time on this today and added functionality to do phrase searches and much more. Check out the search page and be sure to open the search tips that I wrote.

You can! Go to community and then click on the cool "Find Pinsiders" link:

From a users profile page you can hit the PM tab and starting direct messaging someone!

Screen Shot 2013-12-11 at 00.02.... 18 KB

#1 I guess my point is that it shouldn't be hidden. I think the OP would rather have it up for all to see all the time before Christmas to help promote the giving spirit.

#2 Great Work!!! That search is sooo much better on the one I tried. I'll try more later and let you know if any weird things pop up.

#3 Has that always been there??? Can't believe I missed it if it has. Anyway it's awesome to know now. Thanks!

#355 10 years ago

The new layout took little time to get used to and is as good as before. Thanks Pinside.

#356 10 years ago

Its all pretty good. One thing that I used to like was when I just read a thread, and if there were no new posts, the (zero) would show up gray, and thus easier to visually look over threads to see which ones I may still need to read. Now they are always blue, just like ones I never read (and may not want even want to).

I just made it a little easier to flip though quickly. I would imagine that should be an easy fix

Edit : Nevermind, looks like it was just my crappy browser

#357 10 years ago

Robin, it seems that Pinside is getting slow or hung up often again.

1 week later
#358 10 years ago

Something I just noticed - correct me if I'am wrong:

The only way to get a karma score not ending with "0" is to have been banned (as you lose 20% of your points). I would suggest to round up this score to avoid leaving a permanent mark...

#359 10 years ago

In a recent revision I noticed the "search" button is now only visible when you scroll down the page and the grey toolbar pops up. Didn't this used to be always shown next to the current user on the upper right? I have always used that that quite a bit, so I don't see a reason it needs to be hidden until a user scrolls down the page.

#360 10 years ago

Just noticing a lot of peoples avatars are the same - ie the AC/DC logo.

#361 10 years ago
Quoted from DirtyDeeds:

Just noticing a lot of peoples avatars are the same - ie the AC/DC logo

To honor Jim McCune. Read the thread.

LTG

#362 10 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

To honor Jim McCune. Read the thread.

LTG

I see. Have posted a message.

#363 10 years ago

Very pleasant site to use.

#364 10 years ago

Is there an avatar picture issue? Too many AC/DC around…

temp.pngtemp.png

#365 10 years ago
Quoted from astaroth:

Is there an avatar picture issue? Too many AC/DC around

Quite the contrary. Not enough AC/DC around to show support.

LTG : )

#366 10 years ago

Hehe true. Might join the club.

#367 10 years ago

Seems to be a problem with pics showing up on FS ads with chrome. With chrome I don't see them but with explorer I do

#368 10 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Robin, it seems that Pinside is getting slow or hung up often again.

I've been noticing this, getting worse each day, and this is using both chrome and internet explorer. Tonight I got on to check the market and when I left I couldn't get another connection to pinside for 8 minutes.

#369 10 years ago
Quoted from aberdeentp:

I've been noticing this, getting worse each day, and this is using both chrome and internet explorer. Tonight I got on to check the market and when I left I couldn't get another connection to pinside for 8 minutes.

Could you please let me know around which time this happens? Because when I'm on (I'm on CET time) the site runs smooth and fast. I might have to pull an allnighter and do some live monitoring while America is on the Pinside.

Quoted from 0geist0:

Seems to be a problem with pics showing up on FS ads with chrome. With chrome I don't see them but with explorer I do

Could you give me a link to an ad whose pictures are not loading?

#370 10 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

In a recent revision I noticed the "search" button is now only visible when you scroll down the page and the grey toolbar pops up. Didn't this used to be always shown next to the current user on the upper right? I have always used that that quite a bit, so I don't see a reason it needs to be hidden until a user scrolls down the page.

That's a good one.

Quoted from jlm33:

The only way to get a karma score not ending with "0" is to have been banned (as you lose 20% of your points). I would suggest to round up this score to avoid leaving a permanent mark...

Yes, good catch. Will look into this.

#371 10 years ago
Quoted from robin:

Could you please let me know around which time this happens? Because when I'm on (I'm on CET time) the site runs smooth and fast. I might have to pull an allnighter and do some live monitoring while America is on the Pinside.

Could you give me a link to an ad whose pictures are not loading?

This is what I get with Chrome.
http://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/8604

#373 10 years ago
Quoted from robin:

I sign on around 10PM mountain time, one hour behind you.

#374 10 years ago
Quoted from robin:

I usually am on around 10PM mountain time or one hour behind you.

#375 10 years ago

Hi Robin - are you doing any work on the top 100 tab? I have noticed since yesterday the list is blank. My apologies if this was already covered or a standard weekly thing that I just never noticed. Thanks!

#376 10 years ago
Quoted from Asylum:

Hi Robin - are you doing any work on the top 100 tab? I have noticed since yesterday the list is blank. My apologies if this was already covered or a standard weekly thing that I just never noticed. Thanks!

came here wondering about the same issue. no big deal. just curious what's up.

#377 10 years ago

Sorry all! A small bug in date parsing module was causing this. Should be fixed now! I'm also working on restoring auction prices, bang for buck and more!

#378 10 years ago

I've noticed recently that I cannot scroll through "Topics started by ..." me.

The topics that I've participated within works fine.
faz

1 week later
#379 10 years ago

I'm currently starting a backglass collection.

Robin,
Could you add a "Backglass section" , where everyone can sign up his backglass collection.

It could be a good way , to find a backglass , for those that are are looking for.

Just like Pinball , choose add backglass , choose the machine ,choose the shape (very good, good , bad..) , to sell or not..price ?..selling backglass will increase the karma by a good value...

Just an idea.

Your opinion ?

Lionel.

3 weeks later
#380 10 years ago

Is Pinside based on any off-the-shelf forum package? It is a nice platform.

There are 380 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hey-pinside-weve-got-a-new-server-and-a-new-look/page/8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.