Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

• Taxi Williams, 1988

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

100_2934.JPG
#1 11 years ago

So I completely took a part my Taxi, had the playfield repainted, redecaled and cleared and am about 2/3 away from having it back together. Looks like a I have stray part left over....opps, and was wondering if someone might know where it is located. Searched ipdb, but the pictures there weren't a big help. This metal piece is about 3" long. Thanks for the help in advance.

http://i1029.photobucket.com/albums/y359/necrom99/Taxipart_zps0e9a88bd.jpg

#2 11 years ago

looks like a ball trough area part totally spitballing been a while since I pulled this game apart.

#3 11 years ago
Quoted from Spudgunman:

looks like a ball trough area part totally spitballing been a while since I pulled this game apart.

Thanks, but the ball trough area appears to all be there. By the look of the semi-circular cutout, I seems that the piece was fabricated to go around a post somewhere.

#4 11 years ago

upper left area near santa?

#5 11 years ago

Sits in place of plastic. Perhaps by Dracula launch or where the ball falls out of the Skill shot spinner.

#6 11 years ago
Quoted from Spudgunman:

upper left area near santa?

This is what I thought as well, but looking at the pics on ipdb, that area is covered completely by the 5" rubber. There is an area there where the piece could fit and create a lane, but the metal would be directly touching (lying on top of)the playfield. This just doesn't seem right to me.

Quoted from dragster73:

Sits in place of plastic. Perhaps by Dracula launch or where the ball falls out of the Skill shot spinner.

All plastics accounted for and in place and the area under the spinout seems to be correct with no additional holes or areas where this piece might fit.

If someone can locate this piece on their machine, a picture or very good description would be great. Thanks for the suggestions all.

#7 11 years ago

I don't recall a part like that on the Taxi machine I had. I tore that one down, but I don't remember anything like that on it. Could it be a ramp protector?

Chris

#8 11 years ago
Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

I don't recall a part like that on the Taxi machine I had. I tore that one down, but I don't remember anything like that on it. Could it be a ramp protector?
Chris

Doesn't appear to be one, since I can't locate a place for it. However, this piece has taken a beating and I had to straighten it out with my bench vise, so it should be located in an area that gets plenty of action. Good news is that I'm not missing anything integral to the machine's playability. But at the same time, I would like to know where it goes.

#9 11 years ago

Answereing from work, so just a guess.
I think that piece goes under the left ramp. It's near the 5" rubber, running parallel to it. The cutout fits around the vertical post that supports the ramp.

I think.

#10 11 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

Answereing from work, so just a guess.
I think that piece goes under the left ramp. It's near the 5" rubber, running parallel to it. The cutout fits around the vertical post that supports the ramp.
I think.

Will check this area when I get home tonight. Thanks.

#11 11 years ago

Just looked here at home.
I was right.
It goes above the 5" rubber, high up, nearest to the pop bumpers.
It protects the edge of the plastic above the 5" ring from being smashed by the ball coming off the bumper.
You should get it back in place, or you will likely damage the plastic that runs above the 5" ring.

#12 11 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

It goes above the 5" rubber, high up, nearest to the pop bumpers.

Here's a photo.

100_2934.JPG100_2934.JPG

#13 11 years ago

Yep, that's the one. This will certainly help keep the ball from hopping under the left ramp. Thanks all.

#14 11 years ago

Huh. Well I guess that was missing from my machine, LOL

Glad you found it!

Chris

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 99.00
Cabinet Parts
Gizmorama Pinball

$ 22.50
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Middletown, OH
4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-to-identify-taxi-part and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.