Help me to decide! AC DC

Started 2 years ago by Bigpin in forum All PinballAll Pinball.

Forum » All Pinball » Topic

Help me to decide! AC DC

Topic summary

• Started 2 years ago by Bigpin
  • 16 Pinsiders participating in this thread.
  • Latest reply from Av8

Tilts/ ignores / abuse

Sharing and favs

Games linked to topic

Help us build a pinball game knowledge base by linking topics to the games discussed in them!

2 years ago
    #

Hi. Deciding on the AC DC pro or premium versions. My dilemma is the extra 2k or so for the Premium versions. Lets see - i really like the articulating bell and the color changing LEDs on the premium (and the moving band display, as cheesy as it is).

Other than that, the molded train, under extra hell PF, etc. don't do it for me! In fact, i am one of the few that like the Angus face, and i even like the black siderails and back glass on the Pro better.

I faced the same debate when going for Tron Pro vs LE (ended up with LE) but i felt that was an easy choice - the lights were slick and proved to be worth it.

Here, i feel that is the bell and leds really worth the extra cash?

Anyone play both versions that can comment? Is the experience really that much different? I am on the fence, i usually know what i want but here its tough. Thanks.

2 years ago
    #

Sound's like the Pro is Rite up Yr Alley.. I've got the Premium on order, I wanted the Extra's , but didn't want to pay the LE price.. The Lower p/f is BETTER than it look's !! AC/DC Rock's !!!!

The Last 2-Player game , I'm Player 1.. 13 mil i do believe...

» YouTube video

2 years ago
    #

Buy the pro...

Jim

2 years ago
    #

Is the pro noticeably faster then the other models?
    i have heard this mentioned and that might be the equalizer for me....if the speed is there, i would be willing to forget about the extra toys.

2 years ago
    #
    Bigpin said:

Other than that, the molded train, under extra hell PF, etc. don't do it for me! In fact, i am one of the few that like the Angus face, and i even like the black siderails and back glass on the Pro better.

I played the pro and while I liked it went with the premium in part cause I didn't like Angus' face there and felt a mini playfield was MUCH better. Seems your choice is already made, if you like the face and aren't that fond of the extra add-ons/toys why spend $2,000 more for it. I could definitely see the pro model playing faster. The premium isn't ultimately an LE so not going to be like Tron LEs and worth a ton more out of the gate likely, really buying based on preference for the add-ons and bells/whistles.

2 years ago
    #

Hope this helps. Mine has shaker and flipper fid sound sys. Both pins worth it. Mike at FF is good guy to by Sterns from. PM me for more info.

» YouTube video

2 years ago
    #

Man there's a bit more than just toys. The premium is the full game. It's way more difference than tron vs TRON LE was. If you go to sell off later, you'll get the difference back on resale so it's not like a life changing experience to get the better one.

2 years ago
    #

This is the best rock n roll pin ever made in my opinion. Not likely to have another any time soon. Future classic for sure. I honestly stopped playing my other pins since this arrived. It also forced me to be a better more controlled player. Looks better in person too.

Stern sent out kit with new metal targets. Great support so far.

2 years ago
    #
    islandpinball said:

i would be willing to forget about the extra toys.

Speed is definatly there on the pro!!

2 years ago
    #

I havnt gotten to play the Prem only the pro but I can say im stocked to play the pro with the multi colored lighting and such..

Hit me up if you want a quote on them both.. I have 3 Prem, 2 BIBLE's and 3 Pros left in my April order.

2 years ago
    #

Gexchange - when you say multi colored lighting - is that standard on the Pro version or only available in the premium and up? As i understand, only the prem. and LE versions have LEDs in the GI - am i wrong on that?

2 years ago
    #

go premium....get the full game with all the goodies...seem like a big difference in the two when side by side

2 years ago
    #

Get the one without Angus' mug staring at you like he's taking a dump...

2 years ago
    #
    Bigpin said:

Gexchange - when you say multi colored lighting - is that standard on the Pro version or only available in the premium and up? As i understand, only the prem. and LE versions have LEDs in the GI - am i wrong on that?

Yes only premium and up

2 years ago
    #
    markmon said:

Man there's a bit more than just toys. The premium is the full game. It's way more difference than tron vs TRON LE was. If you go to sell off later, you'll get the difference back on resale so it's not like a life changing experience to get the better one.

Amen ,,, When I tire of mine , I'll Expect my $$ back & Trades Will be welcome . Shouldn't be a Problem !!

2 years ago
    #
    Bigpin said:

Hi. Deciding on the AC DC pro or premium versions. My dilemma is the extra 2k or so for the Premium versions. Lets see - i really like the articulating bell and the color changing LEDs on the premium (and the moving band display, as cheesy as it is).
    I faced the same debate when going for Tron Pro vs LE (ended up with LE) but i felt that was an easy choice - the lights were slick and proved to be worth it.
    Here, i feel that is the bell and leds really worth the extra cash?
    Anyone play both versions that can comment? Is the experience really that much different? I am on the fence, i usually know what i want but here its tough. Thanks.

Premium or LE are the one's to get. It's the game fully intended by the designer.
    Also the 4 GI zones change color for different songs and mood, like a TRON LE feature.
    And the clear inserts will change colors as well for different modes that will be implemented in code very soon in the coming weeks (should be before shipping out). Lower playfield mode is fun and Steve's devil narration is a riot.

2 years ago
    #

I cannot see the Premium going up in value since they are making as many as the market will buy.
    The LE's could go up, but that depends on how many people feel like they missed out like TRON LE.
    Also, gameplay will also have a huge factor in demand.

2 years ago
    #

Pro is a fine game, but really no comparison to the premium/LE. I'm playing the heck out of my LE every day and just love it. The speed, chaos, and adrenaline rush are like no other pin I've owned. It's just spectacular. Can't wait to see where Lyman takes it next.

I played the pro quite a bit before the LE and had a great time on it. It's cool for what it is but doesn't hold a candle to the premium/LEs.

-Craig

2 years ago
    #
    DCFAN said:

I cannot see the Premium going up in value since they are making as many as the market will buy.
    The LE's could go up, but that depends on how many people feel like they missed out like TRON LE.
    Also, gameplay will also have a huge factor in demand.

And just like TRON LE, AC/DC LE's both BIB and LTBR, half of them left the states. I've heard 175 BIB went overseas and about 75 LTBR as well went. Doesn't leave to many here.

2 years ago
    #

I think Pro would fit you best, but AC/DC premium is a better game.

2 years ago
    #

I had about 15 have sold all but two BIBLE and sold out of LTBR

2 years ago
    #

i think games are for you, not reviews or what others think. If you like the pro, go for it!

2 years ago
    #

Add a shaker and sub for max enjoyment. Then try and beat my 3 ball high score.

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or sign in if you already have one.

© 2001-2014 Pinside.com All rights reserved. Jump to topRSS feedsHelpContactCookiesDesigned by Keeple