(Topic ID: 66759)

Help me make a Pinside ID badge-- Done! Get them here!

By practicalsteve

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

zerbam Pinside Badge.jpg
    Jesterfunhouse Pinside Badge.jpg
    badge.jpg
    pinside.fw.png
    badge.jpg
    Final ID badge.jpg
    lanyards.jpg
    pinside_badge.jpg
    pinsideid1.jpg
    pinsiders_2.jpg
    pinsiders_1.jpg
    id.jpg
    id2.jpg
    140379-i.jpg

There are 77 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 10 years ago

Who has some design skills? I want to make a Generic all purpose ID badge that we can use at events so that we can find each other. I love the way the one below looks, but I dont want it to be specific for one Pinsider but rather have two spaces for names, your Pinside name and your real name. It could be the same design front and back, or something different can be on the back.

In return, I work for a printing comany. If you design this I will send you some really nice laminated ones with metal grommet and lanyards that you can hand out at your next event.

I can also print a ton on some nice high quality thick paperstock and I will hang onto them. If anyone in the future plans an event, or is attending an event I will mail you a bunch at no cost. They wont be laminated in the future though.

Technical stuff:
    File should ideally be 300 dpi, and size wise I think 3"x5" works best. If you are designing it you would actually want it to be 3.25"x5.25" that quarter inch gets cut off all around.

140379-i.jpg140379-i.jpg

#2 10 years ago

That aint bad.

#3 10 years ago

Great Idea.. I have no skills though!

#4 10 years ago

Here's one I made to fit a badge holder I had on hand.
    (Zippydapinhead is also my membername for the Portland Arcade Collectors group)

id2.jpgid2.jpg

id.jpgid.jpg

#5 10 years ago

I have design skills, however no time to use them. I like what you have, but I would replace the volume knob with a plunger.

#6 10 years ago
    Quoted from PEN:

I have design skills, however no time to use them. I like what you have, but I would replace the volume knob with a plunger.

To be clear, I did not design the one above. Fellow pinsider miguel351 made it and thats his avatar image. I just want something similar with no specific name, just two places to write your real name and your pinside member name. A plunger would look good though.

Quoted from zippydapinhead:

Here's one I made to fit a badge holder I had on hand.
    (Zippydapinhead is also my membername for the Portland Arcade Collectors group)

Thats a nice one zippy!

#8 10 years ago

I think that's a great idea, I'd love to have one for the upcoming Houston Arcade Expo.

#9 10 years ago

Better come up with one quickly. I need it for expo and the explosion tomorrow

#10 10 years ago

I don't have 'mad skillz' in the graphics dept, but here's an attempt.

Since I don't have the source files, I used the white pinside logo. Black would be better. Rough variation added]. Pinside pinball topper.

pinsiders_1.jpgpinsiders_1.jpg

pinsiders_2.jpgpinsiders_2.jpg

#11 10 years ago

I can make this if you need it done. I made some just like that for myself for the shows I go to. just me know and I can email you the file snd you can print it off.

#13 10 years ago

Credit where credit is due: I think it was Aingide who started this last year and also came up with that basic layout. I don't think I did much to it other than vectorize it.

Here's the original thread:
    http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinside-identity-card-for-shows

For some reason, the picture he posted didn't make the switch to the new server, but luckily I saved it. Here it is:

pinsideid1.jpgpinsideid1.jpg
    #14 10 years ago
    Quoted from Miguel351:

Credit where credit is due: I think it was Aingide who started this last year and also came up with that basic layout. I don't think I did much to it other than vectorize it.

Here's the original thread:
    http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinside-identity-card-for-shows

For some reason, the picture he posted didn't make the switch to the new server, but luckily I saved it. Here it is:

Thank you for the clarification! Looks like Wbarcume is going to hook it up, I will update the thread once I see it.

#15 10 years ago
    Quoted from practicalsteve:

I just want something similar with no specific name, just two places to write your real name and your pinside member name.

Some Pinsiders may want 3 or 4 blank spaces where they can also fill in additional info on the ID Card and personalize it such as:
    * if they are a member of Pinside Price Police or a Price Pumper or a Flipper
    * if they are a Pinball Guru, Pinball Master, or simply a Pinball Addict or Pinhead
    * if they are an e-m pin fan, an 80's pin fan, or a modern/dmd era pin fan
    * or a B/W fan-boy, or a Classic Stern fan, or WOZ fan/hater, or a Stern Pinball lover/hater
    * or fill in what state or country they are from
    * or if they offer pinball repairs, ...or pinball lessons (Carl)

#16 10 years ago

Nice! Maybe I could put all that on the back.

1 week later
    #17 10 years ago

Want to give this a quick update. Wbarcume has really done a fantastic job helping me to design an ID badge. He went through countless revisions and it really will look top notch! I will update the thread again once they are printed so you can check them out.

#18 10 years ago
    Quoted from Miguel351:

Credit where credit is due: I think it was Aingide who started this last year and also came up with that basic layout.

I always thought he came up with a great design. It's a shame it never came to fruition.

#19 10 years ago

The one I had for Allentown a couple years ago...

pinside_badge.jpgpinside_badge.jpg

#20 10 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

basic layout.

I always thought he came up with a great design. It's a shame it never came to fruition.

The one that Wbarcume helped me out with is VERY similar, pretty much almost copyright infringement if that was something that Aingide was selling, but luckily I don't think anyone will mind since I will NOT be selling or making any profit off of these whatsoever. The main difference in the one he helped me with is that it is Generic with a spot for the person to write their Pinside name and then their real name.

Like I said, I am going to print a bunch and laminate them to keep for local events like my Pacific Pinball Museum meet up and for PAGG in May.

I am also going to print a bunch and save them. if anyone in the future is planning an event, or if someone is going to an expo or something like Midwest gaming classic, or Southern fried pinball I will be happy to mail them a bunch of unlaminated ones on a very heavy 16pt cardstock for free to use at the event. I will even hole drill them if the person wants that.

#21 10 years ago

Thanks Steve for taking the time to do this for us! Your generosity is not lost on me. Looking forward to finally meeting you and the other Pinsiders on the 9th! I'm super excited!

#22 10 years ago

I am the production manager for a marketing company and can have these printed if needed.

#23 10 years ago
    Quoted from Rcade:

Thanks Steve for taking the time to do this for us! Your generosity is not lost on me. Looking forward to finally meeting you and the other Pinsiders on the 9th! I'm super excited!

Looking forward to meeting you as well!

Quoted from pinballbrat:

I am the production manager for a marketing company and can have these printed if needed.

Very nice of you! I work at a print shop as well so its easy for me to get them done. I will however, when all is said and done, send you the files so in the future people can contact you for them as well as me, then we can spread the work around.

BTW, I already printed them and they look great guys, I will post pics once I have the time to laminate some.

#24 10 years ago

If we needed some company to sponsor Lanyards I think we might do that.

#25 10 years ago
    Quoted from Gexchange:

She has some.lanyards.jpglanyards.jpg

#26 10 years ago
    Quoted from Gexchange:

Very cool of you! Do you have game exchange branded lanyards? Might be good advertising.

#27 10 years ago

Very cool of you! Do you have game exchange branded lanyards? Might be good advertising.

No Put I could Prob have some made.. Maybe Alternating Pinside and GEX logo

#28 10 years ago

Id badges are done! They look great! Many thanks to Wbarcume again for all of the help. The picture is of ones I have laminated. Front has the Pinside logo, and the back has an image from silverball mania. We put the pop bumper cap in the middle for a generic design, that way in the future if you wanted to put this in a little clear pouch you could print out your avatar image and paste it over that, or just leave it as is.

As promised, if you are having an event, or going to a big expo designate one person to take charge, PM me, and I will send you a bunch on heavy cardstock to give away for free only. No making money off of these. I can hole drill them as well, or you can buy some plastic pouches. They are 3"x5" in case you need dimension. I could also send you the files if you just want to print your own. Hope these help everyone.

FYI for the local guys, I laminated a ton of them and will be brining them to PAGG in May.

Final ID badge.jpgFinal ID badge.jpg
    #29 10 years ago

Tag... (wow figuratively and literally...)

#30 10 years ago

Mine would look super redundant since it would say Aurich in both boxes.

#31 10 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

Mine would look super redundant since it would say Aurich in both boxes.

So would mine. If my wife would let me. :p

#32 10 years ago

Nice id like one

#33 10 years ago

Wish I could get one for the Houston arcade expo this weekend. Great work!

#34 10 years ago

It would be practical, Steve, if you could just send me the file. Thanks!
    [email protected]

#35 10 years ago

If you could send me a print off file to that be awesome! Thanks [email protected]

#36 10 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

It would be practical, Steve, if you could just send me the file. Thanks!
    [email protected]

Quoted from jjsrt8:

If you could send me a print off file to that be awesome! Thanks [email protected]

Sent them. Let me know how they work for you both, you are the guinea pigs as far as testing them out on home printers.

#37 10 years ago

Thanks im gona try it out tomorrow see if i can get it into a program i have that actually has Williams dot matrix type and do my names in that.

#38 10 years ago

these look awesome. thanks to steve for the hard work. job well done.

#39 10 years ago

Sent them. Let me know how they work for you both, you are the guinea pigs as far as testing them out on home printers.

I actually have a $68K Xerox at the office so I'm sure they will come out just fine. Thanks again!

3 months later
    #40 10 years ago

Hey, what about sending a bunch to the show organizers to hand out when attendees register?

#41 10 years ago

These would be great for Tx PinFest. Being from out in the middle of nowhere, I don't get out much and it would be great putting a face with avatars. I've done similar things at various car shows and finally met some really great ppl I'd have otherwise walked right by.

#42 10 years ago

The O/P sent me a pile and I will be giving them out at TPF. Hope to see you there!

#43 10 years ago
    Quoted from Fishbeadtwo:

Hey, what about sending a bunch to the show organizers to hand out when attendees register?

If anyone wants them I still have a bunch that I am happy to send out.

#44 10 years ago

Hey Steve, I'm glad these are getting out for people to connect with each other at the shows. Now when I go to the shows I will not feel stupid being the only one with a id lol.

2 weeks later
    #45 10 years ago

Are you going to be at the show Steve?

#46 10 years ago

please send me the file for use at pinball at the zoo show next month or somehow get some to the show organizer or John Dayhuff

#47 10 years ago

I lost the file in a computer crash, but warbcume created it, maybe he still has it.

@fishbead2, which show? The only shows I plan on attending I'm the forseable future are PAGG and CAX

#48 10 years ago

Was asking about the TPF.

#49 10 years ago

I wont be at TPF, but I sent a bunch to someone that was going to be there, so check the TPF thread, maybe you can find them.

#50 10 years ago

Sounds good, thanks for making them up.

There are 77 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-me-make-a-pinside-id-badge and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.