Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 38 posts
  • 35 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by dirty_j_62
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 11 years ago

Hello everyone! Just thought I would introduce myself. My name is Keith, and I live in southwest Va. I am 34 married with 2 young boys. I have recently rekindled my love for pinball, and can't wait to start a collection. You guys have a great site here and I have really enjoyed reading through the forums. I look forward to my future in this hobby, and to making some new friends here at pinside!

#2 11 years ago

Welcome Keith... need anything just shout

#3 11 years ago

Welcome from northern Va. This is a great site with lots of great people and knowledge. Your about to learn a lot. Any ideas on a first pin? What's your goal, nib, 90's,80's,EM?

#4 11 years ago

Welcome aboard. Time to have some fun.

#5 11 years ago

Great to see another insider from VA. Welcome!

#6 11 years ago

Hello from Baltimore.....we have a pinball museum

#7 11 years ago

Hello neighbor! Welcome from Radford, VA.

#8 11 years ago

Another "hello" from N.Va. I've been reading the boards for a while myself, but just recently signed up. Great group of people here.

#9 11 years ago

Thanks for the warm welcome guy's! I use to spend a lot of time near Radford at NRV speedway we ran there for about 3 years. I am in Galax so not far away at all.

Quoted from the_pin_family:

Any ideas on a first pin? What's your goal, nib, 90's,80's,EM?

Well right now is not the best time to start this, my wife just quit her job to start her own thing, so money is a little tight. My love for pinball started with the Adams Family at our movie theater, so I would love to have it someday, but for now I would like to have a 90's game. Whatever I can find for a good price with a theme I can live with would do just fine.

#10 11 years ago

Hi from Northern VA! I started small, hopefully moving my way up to a Tron in the next 2-3 months. Welcome!

#11 11 years ago

Welcome to Pinside, Keith!

#12 11 years ago

Welcome to pinside Keith.

Best of wishes to you and your family.............And your future pin collection.

#13 11 years ago

Run away before its too late!!! : )

#14 11 years ago

Welcome. Guess I'm not too far from Galax. I'm in Western NC, down I-77 from you.

Michael

#15 11 years ago

hello Keith from Riner Va

#16 11 years ago

Hi from the other side of the state. Well, actually Wisconsin right now, but my pins are in VA.

#17 11 years ago

Wow, a lot of people from VA and NC. Its nice to meet all of you! It looks like its going to be a little wile before I pick up a pin for myself, so if any of you need some help playing yours let me know. Lol. Thanks again for the warm welcome! I look forward to getting to know you all!

#18 11 years ago

Yes welcome to Pinside Forum dirty_j_62

#19 11 years ago

Hello from Richmond, VA.

#20 11 years ago

Sup? Come on in.

#21 11 years ago

Welcome to a great group! Hands down best group in the net

#22 11 years ago

Welcome, From NC

#23 11 years ago

If your ever in northern va, stop by, I have acouple pins you can try out

#25 11 years ago

Welcome to the inside of the Pinside Keith

#26 11 years ago

Welcome, Keith. Hello from Arlington.

#27 11 years ago

Sounds like we're in the same boat, if not the same state. Nice to meet you.

#28 11 years ago

Welcome to Pinside Keith!!!

2 years later
    #29 9 years ago

Nice to meet you tonight Keith and your lady friend, please drop back buy again and bring the kids nest time or a large Pinside group. Hope you all made it back safe as it starting storming here. I noticed IM had a ball stuck near the figure took glass off issue fixes. It had never done that yet. It did drop power on flippers during play. Something else to check out later.

Be safe!
    Buddy

#30 9 years ago

Hello from the the very north western tip of VA. You cant go wrong with Buddy. You're in safe hands buying from him.

#31 9 years ago

Hello from Bassett, VA. Only about 1.5 hours away!

#32 9 years ago

Hello from Va beach. Once you get your first pin you will quickly want more.

#33 9 years ago

Heyas, from Lexington VA!

#34 9 years ago
    Quoted from Rocketrob:

Once you get your first pin you will quickly want more.

Rocketrob took the words right out of my mouth! I thought I would only want ONE pin, especially knowing how much they cost. Well, that was 4 years ago, and I currently have 11 in my home and have had at least 20+. Have lost count!

For a starter pin, you might want a Fish Tales. There are plenty of them out there and can be had as low as $1,400 up to $2,400, depending on the condition. That was my second pin and I am convinced I will never sell it. Lot's of action and never gets old.

Welcome to Pinside
    Mike in Bowling Green, KY

#35 9 years ago

Hello from Midlothian,VA..

#36 9 years ago

Hello from North Jersey and welcome to Pinside!

#37 9 years ago

Hello from Virginia Beach. Start planning on your game room expansion, enough is never enough!

#38 9 years ago

Thank's Buddy! Man we had a blast!!! You have an awesome drive-in, and the pin-cade is unbelievable! Lol, sorry about the stuck ball in IM that is on me. I looked for you to let you know, but was unable to find you. Your hospitality was more than gracious! It was a pleasure meeting you, and I really appreciate you sharing your pinball collection with us. We will defiantly be back to enjoy some more pinball action, and to hopefully get to take in a movie next time. We were having such a good time playing your machines we lost track of time, and missed all but about 30 mins of ''Hercules''. We talked on the way home about your deal on the guest room, and we would defiantly take you up on that, if you decide to start doing that agin. We missed all the rain on the way home, and had a pretty good drive back, with having the road to ourselves for most of the ride. I will try and upload my pics of your game room and post them up here in a new thread when I get a chance. Once agin, thank you so much for your hospitality, and sharing your love for pinball with so many people!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hello-from-va and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.