image.jpg
Helen.jpg
image-919.jpg
IMG_1092.JPG
bride2.jpg
image-9.jpg
image-772.jpg
image.jpg
There are 91 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 9 years ago

We just got our Helen stickers in yesterday. We decided the smaller version of Helen that shows her off better would go on our Premiums lower playfield. We removed the playfield and stripped it Down.
Next we put the sticker on top and pressed down on the two flipper bushings and four light sockets that stick up a bit. After cutting the holes with a blade, we used them as a perfect guide to place the sticker.
We think it looks awesome.
Yes, the insert lights are in her cheeks and cleavage, but the end product far out weighs that part.
Sorry, did not take a photo last night with inserts lit.

image.jpgimage.jpg
image-772.jpgimage-772.jpg
image-9.jpgimage-9.jpg

#2 9 years ago

A little time consuming but we had fun doing this! Hardest part was deciding which Helen to use. We went with more boob lol.

#4 9 years ago

Thats pretty freaking awesome!

Hey Aurich, Im guessing someone asked already but what if you clear coated over it?

#5 9 years ago

Love it!

#6 9 years ago

Certainly looks better then a bunch of flames. Getting it cleared would seem like a good idea.

#7 9 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Thats pretty freaking awesome!
Hey Aurich, Im guessing someone asked already but what if you clear coated over it?

Man, I have no idea, someone should ask vid instead, he'd probably have some science about clear over decals. These decals are 3 mil thick (mil = thousandth of an inch) if it makes any difference, I dunno. I know I've cleared over a waterslide decal this large before.

My guess from reading vid's thread is that it would work, since the lower playfield is already cleared, and you can generally sandwich something like this safely between two layers of clear.

People have asked me for a lower playfield specific design, but I don't have an AC/DC Prem, and I'd really want my own lower playfield to test designs on in person to feel comfortable releasing anything.

#8 9 years ago

Thats really cool, but almost looks like she is wearing a helmet. Wonder if alternate plastics that mimic the sticker would help? I'd like to do this to my machine... heck, I'd like to replace flaming Ironman with just about anything. Even the hated "face" would look better IMO (I never hated it).

#9 9 years ago

Wow I ordered the decals to do this and think it looks great

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from KingNine:

We went with more boob

Always a good choice.

#11 9 years ago
Quoted from PinCrush:

but almost looks like she is wearing a helmet.

Kinda reminds me of BOP now that you mention it.

bride2.jpgbride2.jpg

#12 9 years ago

Who is selling this decal?

#13 9 years ago
Quoted from PinCrush:

but almost looks like she is wearing a helmet.

"HELLmet."

hehe.

#14 9 years ago

It is sort of "Helmetesque" but not as bad as it might seem in the pic. That is top down to get rid of the glare from lights. Really you look at her from the front angle. I do make my own plastics and might change that one day but not in too big of a hurry to do it yet. Probably will by next week though lol.

btw: Thanks Aurich for getting those to us so quickly!!

#15 9 years ago
Quoted from PinCrush:

Thats really cool, but almost looks like she is wearing a helmet. Wonder if alternate plastics that mimic the sticker would help? I'd like to do this to my machine... heck, I'd like to replace flaming Ironman with just about anything. Even the hated "face" would look better IMO (I never hated it).

Looks good. The helmet thing also popped out at me before the other guy mentioned it. Agree some type of alt plastic might improve but still looks cool. Cleavage over flames. Nice work.

#16 9 years ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

Aurich - he has custom translights, apron decals....

Edit: here is the link: http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-new-original-translite-meet-helen

#17 9 years ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

Aurich

#18 9 years ago

How long after I left did it take y'all to "Git 'r dun?"

#19 9 years ago
Quoted from 2FlippedOut41Mo:

How long after I left did it take y'all to "Git 'r dun?"

About an hour maybe less. Putting back together was probably quicker than the take down believe it or not. I guess it is because we laid everything out where it came from so it was easy to reassemble.

#20 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

People have asked me for a lower playfield specific design, but I don't have an AC/DC Prem, and I'd really want my own lower playfield to test designs on in person to feel comfortable releasing anything.

I can put my AC/DC Premium out of commission for a while and loan you the lower playfield (and a spare blank main playfield) if you'd like to actually do this.

#21 9 years ago
Quoted from iepinball:

I can put my AC/DC Premium out of commission for a while and loan you the lower playfield (and a spare blank main playfield) if you'd like to actually do this.

Oh hmm. I hate to take your game out of commission, but that's a good offer. Tell you what, let me give the whole idea some thought, and if I think I have something worth messing with that I really need physical access for we can talk more. I wouldn't want to take your game down unless I felt like it was worth it, and I wasn't gonna just let your lower playfield sit around for months while I tried to find time or something. Thanks Karl!

Edit: And I really need to try and get more work done on this Star Trek translite too, should hit that first, I kinda teased it to people already when I should have just kept my mouth shut.

#22 9 years ago

Well done, sir. That, and all the other mods y'all have done to that pin have made it a complete masterpiece! Only thing you need now is a shaker motor.

#23 9 years ago

Helmet or not, that is a definite improvement. Nice work.

#24 9 years ago

This looks good, great work. As mentioned in another thread a bit, if this where to be done specifically for the lower playfield, some kind of foil (light blocking) or something to reshape the insert light shing through the sticker would be awesome if could be done. Lots of possibility for sure.

#25 9 years ago

That looks awesome,definitely not too much boob.

#26 9 years ago
Quoted from 2FlippedOut41Mo:

Well done, sir. That, and all the other mods y'all have done to that pin have made it a complete masterpiece! Only thing you need now is a shaker motor.

Ouch! Your mean lol. It'll be back online by next week.

#27 9 years ago
Quoted from Rednome:

That looks awesome,definitely not too much boob.

Sorry you didn't get to see it when you were here last weekend. Looks fantastic!

#28 9 years ago
Quoted from Rednome:

definitely not too much boob

Not a complaint I've gotten much of, except for Neo trying to convince me to make her topless.

#29 9 years ago
Quoted from PinCrush:

Thats really cool, but almost looks like she is wearing a helmet. Wonder if alternate plastics that mimic the sticker would help?

First thing I was thinking. I guess I will call her Hellmet Helen.

#30 9 years ago

Looks great. Would love to see a picture with inserts lit

#31 9 years ago

These look nice, but I would really like to see a lower playfield specific one come into being. Light up eye and lips and a matching plastic would sure look sweet.

#32 9 years ago

Hell has never looked hotter.

Bazinga!

#33 9 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

These look nice, but I would really like to see a lower playfield specific one come into being. Light up eye and lips and a matching plastic would sure look sweet.

Now you are talking.

Silkscreen a new lower playfield with proper inserts.

#34 9 years ago

I can make plastics as I mentioned earlier. I guess I'll have to work on one now. I was so set to say we were through though. hrmph!

Edit: Just texted Arcade to get a picture from the correct angle for you guys to see. should be up soon.

#35 9 years ago

Here is a photo from more of a players perspective.
Sorry it is a bit dark.

IMG_1092.JPGIMG_1092.JPG
#36 9 years ago

Still no pics with the inserts lit up?

#37 9 years ago

Sorry. I'll see if he can take some shots of it. They don't shine bright obviously as they have to glow through the decal. It's subtle but you can see them. In attract mode they seem to glow brighter than in game mode during a "hell" song. The harder ones to see would be the arrows on the outside loop. They are also the only ones I would consider cutting the decal out for. I much rather prefer to look at Helen with out the lights cut out.

#38 9 years ago

I all get a photo up soon with the inserts.
The good part is you can see them when lit. The bad part is they do not match up to anything on the photo.
But since hell is only lit for 30 seconds during a few songs, you will spend the majority of the games getting to look at Helen instead of just flames.

#39 9 years ago

It looks nice.

#40 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Looks sweet Arcade!

Stern should hire you to do their art.

From what I've seen between this and the Shadow art you are at least equal to or possibly better than anything I've seen on a Williams game. Stern has never come close to what you have done.

#41 9 years ago

Here is a shot with the inserts lit. I took about 20 shots and none came out good. Stupid cell phones.
Anyway here is the best I can get right now.

image-919.jpgimage-919.jpg
#42 9 years ago

Now, if only somehow those flippers could produce a little jiggle. . .

#43 9 years ago

Seems like it'd be worth it to just pull the bulbs out of those inserts.

#44 9 years ago
Quoted from SuS:

Now, if only somehow those flippers could produce a little jiggle. . .

Tee Hee Hee

#45 9 years ago

That transforms the lower playfield. Looks fantastic. Very nice mod indeed.

#46 9 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Seems like it'd be worth it to just pull the bulbs out of those inserts.

Would kind of defeat the purpose of the mini pf. Maybe would have been better to cut out the decal around the inserts.

#47 9 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Would kind of defeat the purpose of the mini pf. Maybe would have been better to cut out the decal around the inserts.

Agreed on the bulbs. You need to know what shots to make in those Hell modes. Cutting them out would be personal preference. We obviously opted to for the cleaner look as when you are playing only a small fraction of the game takes place down there. Just couldn't bring ourselves to chop poor Helen up.

Edit: Strangley those aren't bulbs but LED boards.

#48 9 years ago

Aurich,

I spray clear a couple times a week in my business, I'd be glad to shoot over some of your vinyl material and give a report if you want to send a few randoms.

Shoot me a pm if you are interested.

rody

#49 9 years ago

Absolutly gorgeous!! What an upgrade.

Once again Aurich, compliments on a great design

#50 9 years ago
Quoted from Rody:

Aurich,
I spray clear a couple times a week in my business, I'd be glad to shoot over some of your vinyl material and give a report if you want to send a few randoms.
Shoot me a pm if you are interested.
rody

Thanks, I've had a couple offers for that. I'm honestly not sure if I'll try and do a specific design for the lower playfield, I'm not promising anything, but I would hate for anyone to clear the old design down there and then I did decide to, that would be frustrating. So I think I'll wait to really experiment until I decided what's what.

I should probably just cave already and pick up an AC/DC Prem myself, that would certainly provide some motivation. But my pin funds would have to recover from Tron and I don't see much point in buying NIB now with so many HUO machines around, so would probably wait for a local deal too. Just have to see I guess.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 29.95
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 29.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rapid City, SD
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

16,500 (Firm)
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 91 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/helen-in-hell-on-acdc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.