(Topic ID: 86195)

Has Anyone Else Not Received their WOZ LE that Prepaid Years Ago?

By ChadKeller

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

JJP wikileaks meeting pic.jpg
T 2.jpg
girls bounce.gif
IMG_7424.JPG
IMG_7418.JPG
IMG_7412.JPG
IMG_7430.JPG
IMG_7422.JPG
IMG_7435.JPG
IMG_7421.JPG
IMG_7420.JPG
yawn.jpg
Woz-bumper bus.jpg
shitstorm-470.jpg
jaws.jpg

There are 323 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 7.
#203 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

At the same time these discussions help some

How do they help in a topic titled "Has Anyone Else Not Received their WOZ LE that Prepaid Years Ago?"

Tell me how you have an interest in this again?

EDIT: Let me break this down for you and a few others. This thread that your typing in, is a topic started for owners of WOZ LE's that prepaid and did not take delivery on there pin as of yet.

#204 9 years ago

And yes im a bit on edge today

#205 9 years ago
Quoted from 6S3NC3:

This thread that your typing in, is a topic started for owners of WOZ LE's that prepaid and did not take delivery on there pin as of yet.

There's already a 'useful' thread on the same topic, where people are trying to make guesses on delivery dates based on invoices etc. This thread was more of a rant, and the opening post speculated about JJP's financials and whether things were screwed. So the discussion strikes me as pretty natural and inevitable.

If you look you'll see that very few people are actually dissing WOZ the game. Which is right, because it's a great game, even if not a dream theme or playstyle for everyone. The focus is on JJP, the company, and Jack the person, which again strikes me as right, there's plenty to find fault with.

I don't see the problem. In the Metallica code waiting thread there was plenty of teeth gnashing over how Stern runs their business, and things about Gary personally. It's par for the course, and not specific to any company. People paying money and waiting unhappy, common theme.

Also, cigarettes are terrible for you, I never touch them.

#206 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

This thread was more of a rant, and the opening post speculated about JJP's financials and whether things were screwed. So the discussion strikes me as pretty natural and inevitable.

Touché

TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
#208 9 years ago
Quoted from pins4fun:

This is very funny and heart-warming at the same time.
I was secure in the knowledge that somebody would eventually rise to the occasion (better than I could) and give vtec16 an appropriate response for his comment. Jack should frame your post and put it on the wall in his office

Didn't know my comment offended you so much! Feel free to respond directly next time if it does!

#209 9 years ago

Thanks Ted! Time to celebrate, Apple blowout quarter!

#210 9 years ago
Quoted from iamabearsfan:

To make a statement that people won't receive their machines by 2015 is spreading more rumors

To say all will ship this year is a rumor too

I bet most will ship though... That's not something I would have said 2011, 2012 & 2013.

On a side note. Historical data shows rumors have been far more factual than JJP announcements lol

#212 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

The fact remains in this thread the ones starting the BS about the red games are ones who know full well only 2 exist and that one is with a distrib being toured. So one can only deduce that the reason they are insinuating something devious is afoot is to stir up trouble. I don't have to call them out. It's obvious.

I don't know or really care if JJP is making the reds but I got 5 bucks that there are more than 2 out there! Atleast three or four have had to be made......

#213 9 years ago

Thank you for that gif!

#214 9 years ago
Quoted from 6S3NC3:

Thank you for that gif!

Ted is da MAN! Sharing the jiggle!!!

#215 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

The point is simply that the logic of my claim of him being a liar is no more or less valid than him throwing out some negative BS based on nothing but what I believe to be lies and hearsay, thus, he is lying in my opinion, if he's not, prove it…..
As far as business practices, see the GM hearings in congress? Take a peek at finra.org at the hundreds of pages of violations and fines for EACH name Wall Street firm, Merrill, Eddie Jones, Morgan Stanley, Ameriprise, etc. etc. you name it, yet people still buy their BS again and again. How about our government business practices? Take a look around folks! Jack may be a "sales guy" that let's his alligator mouth overload his hummingbird rear end sometimes, but let's get in the real world and put things in perspective a bit.
Ok, time to get ready for some lackluster Apple earnings report!

Sad. Logic? You reaction is "negative BS", to you, but ever consider it might be the truth? Stick to the topic, if you can. What's with all the blah, blah, blah? You are in a No spin zone.

You accused him. He did nothing to you, except evidently hit a sensitive spot with you. You fire off an attack. Can you or can't you prove he was lying, as you have accused? If not, you owe your fellow pinsider an apology. No spin, no more, no less.

If you were right, so be it. If you are wrong, do the right thing. Everybody makes mistakes, it's ok.

I'm done, moving on, go ahead and have the last word. Betting we agree to disagree here.

Carry on, and play some pinball. Congrats on Apple.

#216 9 years ago

Lesson learned here! DO NOT PRE ORDER A GAME!

#217 9 years ago
Quoted from pinstor12:

Carry on, and play some pinball. Congrats on Apple.

I agree Pinstor, let's play some pinball!

I have no problem saying I'm wrong and apologizing if I'm wrong, I'm wrong a lot, Mr. Do has a history and seeming agenda, like some others, prove me wrong and I'll admit in all its glory!

#218 9 years ago

As I said earlier anyone who Pre-orders a game, has no one but themselves to blame for whatever grief it has caused them. I can't believe somone can say I'm going to build a pinball machine and there are people that will throw out 7k,8k just like that. You WOZ complainers are fortunate that Jack is a legit, honest guy and you will eventually get what you paid for. For you JJP bashers, if you don't like Jack, or JJP or WOZ why do you have to come on this site every single day and bash him. If you don' t like him don't do business with him. It's that simple.

#219 9 years ago
Quoted from vtec16:

I'm sorry NO ONE makes more excuses than JJP Fanboys. Good lord its ridiculous....

It is likely hard to understand for someone sitting on the sidelines without a real horse in the race. But when I take a look at my collection objectively from all aspects as well as every game I could own, and compare. Well... lets just say its not about excuses, the WOZ is just that good.

#220 9 years ago

Is there a game that brings out more emotion on Pinside than WOZ? Maybe MMR, but I doubt it.

#221 9 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

Is there a game that brings out more emotion on Pinside than WOZ? Maybe MMR, but I doubt it.

Objectivity is what I shoot for, not emotion.

#222 9 years ago
Quoted from PEN:

Objectivity is what I shoot for, not emotion.

In a hobby full of passionate people, objectivity is scarce.

#223 9 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

Oh yeah, MMr will be next up on the chopping block, it will be ripped to shreds by those that don't have it or don't want it or have some other agenda. If the pinball doesn't roll exactly the way it does on the original there will be hell to pay. The agony has just begun for Rick!

I agree Honch, objectivity is hard to come by with pinball and passion runs high, but "objectively" Woz is a great pin and an unbelievable effort for a first timer, Pen is right, its just that good.

#224 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

but "objectively" Woz is a great pin and an unbelievable effort for a first timer, Pen is right, its just that good.

I hope someday to get a chance to play one and find out for myself.

#225 9 years ago

For me it all just boils down to "I hate waiting" . Except the Aussie thing...if that had happened to a distributor here in the U.S. the boards would be on fire. For a loooong time. I am surprised the Aussie thing has not gotten more facetime. Must be a really effective lockdown they have down there on information and discussion. Ok, the repeated broken promises also really start to grate after a year or so. I totally disagree with macaroni truth. If you had told me 'hey you won't get your Woz until 30 months have passed from your order' - changed my mind mid sentence, at this point I don't know what I would have done. It will be really cool when it gets here. Right?

#226 9 years ago
Quoted from rommy:

It will be really cool when it gets here. Right?

Yes

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#227 9 years ago

The journey is the reward.

#228 9 years ago

Besides the solved board issues I hear no fundamental technical and / or enjoyment issues. As long as the delay is the main point of criticism Jack is totally cool!

I think the most important posts are the ones like "yeah, it look too long but it's absolutely worth the wait..."!
That's giving confidence upcoming titles will be to look out for without the focus on business startup hazzle...

Keep up the good work JJP!

#229 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Ok, time to get ready for some lackluster Apple earnings report!

I hope you did not sell naked calls on those lackluster earnings.

#230 9 years ago

After nearly 3 years of waiting (june 2011 order) I finally got my WOZ last wednesday. For me the story is the same as with a lot of you. The waiting was fun at first, then became kind of frustrating, up to a part (end of last year) when I thought about cancelling my preorder because it was just taking too darn long. But a friend of mine convinced me to hang on (thanks Udo!) and so I did. All I can say is this: I'm glad I waited!

This game is absolutely mind blowing. It looks gorgeous and it plays way better than I expected. It's fast, fun, deep and the light effects are simply stunning. Everyone who is currently waiting for one: hang in there!

I might feel like writing a detailed review of the game later on, but for now this will have to do because I'm too busy playing.

#231 9 years ago
Quoted from robin:

I might feel like writing a detailed review of the game

Cant wait to see what you rate WOZ.

#232 9 years ago

Hey!...we ought to all be happy we CAN argue over buying multiple $8k toys! It's all good!

#233 9 years ago

I'd be happy to not have mine yet, the longer you wait the better the product. all the problems the early games have/had will be addressed and your machine will be stronger

#234 9 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

I'd be happy to not have mine yet, the longer you wait the better the product. all the problems the early games have/had will be addressed and your machine will be stronger

So anything Mid april build date should have the new boards, will never have the issues of the prior build's. The jury is still out on this and only a few people have taken delivery with the new build. Fingers crossed with the rest of us.

#235 9 years ago
Quoted from davjoszie:

Man that ruby red WOZ looks boss.

Does "boss" mean "very ugly"? I think the green looks great but the red clashes and looks horrible.

#236 9 years ago
Quoted from PEN:

It is likely hard to understand for someone sitting on the sidelines without a real horse in the race. But when I take a look at my collection objectively from all aspects as well as every game I could own, and compare. Well... lets just say its not about excuses, the WOZ is just that good.

Its hard to be objective when you have a horse in the race....

#237 9 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Does "boss" mean "very ugly"? I think the green looks great but the red clashes and looks horrible.

de gustibus et coloribus non est disputandum

#238 9 years ago
Quoted from tracelifter:

The journey is the reward.
» YouTube video

Hm, as someone still waiting for their WoZ, can't say that I agree with you.

#239 9 years ago
Quoted from pins4fun:

de gustibus et coloribus non est disputandum

For anyone else he said there is no accounting for taste in latin Actually more along the lines of colors and and tastes can't be disputed.

#240 9 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

I hope someday to get a chance to play one and find out for myself.

If you're ever in Northern NJ, give me a shout. You're welcome to stop by and beat the crap out of the witch on my WOZ!

#241 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

For anyone else he said there is no accounting for taste in latin Actually more along the lines of colors and and tastes can't be disputed.

Thanks Alex, good to see you posting here again once in a while. I was merely trying to stop a unintentional anti Ruby Red mission from being auto-plunged inadvertently. FWIW, I've seen a prototype Ruby Red in person and I can say for the record "man, that ruby red WOZ looks boss". Pictures just don't do it justice. As a matter of fact, all versions of WOZ look quite "mind-blowing" to me and I wish I had the means to purchase one of each but still need to provision for the THLE, the pin Pat's working on, and who knows, whatever may come after that, lol.

One thing important to note here though is that every WOZ, may it be a Silver, a Green, or a Ruby Red one, comes with the same design, same game play, same magnificence, same aura, and same charisma, save a few toys and accessories which are separately available for purchase from JJP's part department. AFAIK, all three WOZ versions are also still available for purchase (WOZECLE being available only from resellers and some distributors at this time).

For those of us still waiting for our WOZECLE's, please allow me to reiterate what iceman (who has his WOZ) said earlier in this thread: "Don't worry, you have a WOZ coming and you, will be thrilled with it. A great pin!"

A little later in this thread, upon receiving his WOZ, Robin said "This game is absolutely mind-blowing. It looks gorgeous and it plays way better than I expected. It's fast, fun, deep, and the light effects are simply stunning. Everyone who is currently waiting for one: hang in there!"

I doubt that these gentlemen are the types who would be intentionally misleading us in the same thread, at the same time

#242 9 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

If you're ever in Northern NJ, give me a shout. You're welcome to stop by and beat the crap out of the witch on my WOZ!

Thanks for the offer, I do end up in that area about once a year on a NYC run.

#243 9 years ago

I can definitely understand some being frustrated how long it has taken to get a pin they paid for in full years back. Especially since the ship dates where so far off from projections. Plus having a ton of LEs then to follow it up with another LE model before first LEs reached paid in full customers.

Not trying to hate but rather make the point that it's okay for people to voice that frustration without being jumped on by others. I want all makers to have success and have the hobby grow even more. Of course that doesn't mean we will all love every pin that comes out. It's okay if some don't like a new pin and it's awesome when many love them. There can be a respectful discourse even in disagreement that is what I'm hoping more will realize in these JJP/WOZ threads.

#244 9 years ago

I have a Question, if there are only two Red Protos ever built and they were for the Warner Bros show ,why does the Proto in Buddy's possession have a number of 50? Anyone know the number of the other Proto 75th ?

#245 9 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

I have a Question, if there are only two Red Protos ever built and they were for the Warner Bros show ,why does the Proto in Buddy's possession have a number of 50? Anyone know the number of the other Proto 75th ?

I have a question... why do you care? Seriously, what interest could you possibly have in the numbering of a game you neither own nor like?

#246 9 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

I have a question... why do you care?

Because we are part of the same hobby. We were just told only two got made. I care 1. for credibility 2. For my friends sake 3. It affects my understanding of what's going on should I choose to purchase.

If your statement is buy a WOZ today and you get to ask questions or else you may never purchase any game from them,well I guess I get your point.

#247 9 years ago
Quoted from vtec16:

Its hard to be objective when you have a horse in the race....

Why? I have no problem selling a pin after a month or two because I am bored or did not like a game. Also I would much rather my other games be perceived better by me....I have more "other pins" than I do JJPs.

#248 9 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

I have a question... why do you care? Seriously, what interest could you possibly have in the numbering of a game you neither own nor like?

I like Woz, Woz owners ? Not so much !!

#249 9 years ago

As an ECLE pre-order buyer that is still waiting, I am a whole lot more concerned with the Aussie down under games and Standards being cranked out presently than a few Ruby reds that are being made for display/promotion purposes.

If they start delivering NIB Ruby Reds to general customers before I get my ECLE then I will be one of the biggest bandwagon JJP disgruntled trolls. Just stating a fact for future reference. I deserve better than that and would not go quietly in the night.

There are no more excuses acceptable regarding cabinets and parts. They have had plenty of time to get the clear coated direct print cabinets made at this point.

#250 9 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

If they start delivering NIB Ruby Reds to general customers before I get my ECLE

Now that would be a true shitnado!
Hang in DC, almost there (ish)

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 91.00
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
Machine - For Sale
Jackson, MICHIGAN
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.
Other
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
11,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Toys/Add-ons
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 5.00
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Toys/Add-ons
There are 323 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/has-anyone-else-not-received-their-woz-le-that-prepaid-years-ago/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.