(Topic ID: 86195)

Has Anyone Else Not Received their WOZ LE that Prepaid Years Ago?

By ChadKeller

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

JJP wikileaks meeting pic.jpg
T 2.jpg
girls bounce.gif
IMG_7424.JPG
IMG_7418.JPG
IMG_7412.JPG
IMG_7430.JPG
IMG_7422.JPG
IMG_7435.JPG
IMG_7421.JPG
IMG_7420.JPG
yawn.jpg
Woz-bumper bus.jpg
shitstorm-470.jpg
jaws.jpg
There are 323 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 7.
#51 10 years ago

Why is it not surprising Automated Services has plenty available in stock with two day shipping for $9500, but can't ship orders placed and paid for over two years ago. Sad.

#52 10 years ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

Why is it not surprising Automated Services has plenty available in stock with two day shipping for $9500, but can't ship orders placed and paid for over two years ago. Sad.

There's really not enough information to go on here - If Automated placed their order before me then they should receive their's first, even if there goal is to resell. I'm still waiting, prepaid all except $1000 which JJP will get when machine is ready.

#53 10 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

What is amazing is that the smaller companies like skit b and Spooky don't ask for all the money up front and let you see the game first

????????

How many hundreds of games has SkitB shipped? How many hundreds of games has Spooky shipped?

I certainly don't mind calling things bad when they're bad, and the wait has certainly been bad on WOZ, but at least compare apples to apples, not apples to rhododendrons.

--
Rob Anthony
Pinball Classics
http://LockWhenLit.com
Quality Board Work - In Home Service
borygard at gmail dot com

#54 10 years ago

are we 90ish days in? or do we still have some of the ninety days left? Are we looking at July/August for Feb 2012 orders? Later than that?

Is there any chance The Hobbit will ship before the last WoZ ECLEs have shipped?

#55 10 years ago

I don't understand why all the whining. I read the posts from the Aussies months ago about their problems, and
everyday I'm on here I read about people complaining about not getting their machines. You people voluntarily
gave $7000 or $8000 dollars to people you don't even know, for a machine that you don't even know for sure
will ever be built, to a company that you know nothing about. When I heard that WOZ was going to be built,
I wanted one. When I heard Hobbit was going to be built, I wanted one, I also want the MMR and the new Lawlor
game when that comes out, but there is no way in the world I would pay that kind of money to people I don't
know, for something that I don't even know will be available. When I buy a machine I drive to its location so I can
look it over and see what I'm getting. Some of you guys are like little kids and have to be the first one's on the
block to own a new toy. It sounds like if nobody "Prepaid" for a machine, everyone would have one by now.
That whole prepaid concept is a horrible thing to do and yet I read posts from people who prepaid for their WOZ
and cancelling, now prepaying for their Hobbit.... I don't get it.

#56 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinminister:

It sounds like if nobody "Prepaid" for a machine, everyone would have one by now.
That whole prepaid concept is a horrible thing to do and yet I read posts from people who prepaid for their WOZ
and cancelling, now prepaying for their Hobbit.... I don't get it.

You're wrong on this point, if nobody had prepaid for WOZ, it wouldn't exist, simple as that. JJP decided to try to build a pinball company based on pre-orders and pre payment, and for the most part it has worked. There are 800 or so of us who have our games, and the rest should be shipped soon. Have there been bumps in the road, you bet, par for the course in creating a new manufacturing company, and I'm sure Jack regrets the delays more than anyone.

#57 10 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

What is amazing is that the smaller companies like skit b and Spooky don't ask for all the money up front and let you see the game first

Sorry but there is a pretty big difference between the work/$$$ that went into predator (albeit sweet theme) and WOZ

#58 10 years ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

more than likely, cause they put in an early order like everyone else (and other dist's) and they're selling their stock. I don't see what the issue is here unless someone has legit info that they "skipped" ahead of other ppl.

#59 10 years ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

Sorry but there is a pretty big difference between the work/$$$ that went into Predator (albeit sweet theme) and WOZ

I understand that only saying that the consumer should be done supporting the company at this point; make a finished product and then advertise that is all

#60 10 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Doesn't matter when JJP designed its game, started shipping them and then released over a dozen codes updates to complete the code for WOZ. There's a difference between seeing a game and actually being able to play one in your home.

Skit B and Spooky are making some really cool games but they are not games on the scale (toys, features, tech) of a game like WOZ which costs far more to design, manufacture and support.

#61 10 years ago

I bought a July 5th 2011 invoice 3 weeks ago. Shipping in early May. Not a bad wait and that's why I jumped in. Hate the theme but after playing one everything else feels....A bit cheep. This is my opinion. And I have been on the Stern bandwagon for many years. Stern still makes great pins but WOZ is incredible.

#62 10 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Doesn't matter when JJP designed its game, started shipping them and then released over a dozen codes updates to complete the code for WOZ. There's a difference between seeing a game and actually being able to play one in your home.
Skit B and Spooky are making some really cool games but they are not games on the scale (toys, features, tech) of a game like WOZ which costs far more to design, manufacture and support.

To each their own I have played all 3 and AMH has cooler unique toys then woz prime example the hellevator, two metal ramps; ghost that follows the ball, a moving interactive door, a lit up medal apron, plenty of gi, and a bunch of other stuff

#63 10 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

To each their own I have played all 3 and AMH has cooler unique toys then woz prime example the hellevator, two metal ramps; ghost that follows the ball, a moving interactive door, a lit up medal apron, plenty of gi, and a bunch of other stuff

Yup, to each their own. I like AMH (seems like it will be a fun game and will have some neat toys) but WOZ offers more toys and features. To be fair WOZ is the more expensive game so I would expect it to offer more.

WOZ

5 flippers, 5 magnets, monkey mech toy, castle mini playfield, Munchkin mini playfield with spinning house + legs that pop out, crystal ball toy, 2 VUK's, kickout, two mini outlane games, witch toy, LCD, stereo sound, metal apron with cleared wood apron (LE only), all metal rails, included topper, RGB LED lighting, headphone jack.

#64 10 years ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

Sorry but there is a pretty big difference between the work/$$$ that went into Predator (albeit sweet theme) and WOZ

Right - no argument there. Different prices, different leagues.
It should be more appropriate to compare WoZ with Wrath of Olympus, which should be in the same price range.

#65 10 years ago

If if makes you feel any better, there was a ruby red WOZ at the auction this weekend. Why did that get built if people are still waiting for WOZ LE?

#66 10 years ago

Wierd; could have been one of the special ones made for a show possibly

#67 10 years ago
Quoted from 6S3NC3:

I bought a July 5th 2011 invoice 3 weeks ago. Shipping in early May. Not a bad wait and that's why I jumped in. Hate the theme but after playing one everything else feels....A bit cheep. This is my opinion. And I have been on the Stern bandwagon for many years. Stern still makes great pins but WOZ is incredible.

Either way Chad still got and continues to get screwed! Sorry Chad, you are a very patient man, I'll give you that. To JJP\This distributer: what a F@#&ing JOKE!

#68 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinminister:

That whole prepaid concept is a horrible thing to do

definately. i could never pre pay and wait 3 years. with that kinda money tied up. but people will continue to do it.
theres got to be a better way.

#69 10 years ago

The people saying this guy got screwed by his distributor are funny. Who cares when his distributor paid, even if that were the case and they paid sooner, there would be 200 other people who got screwed and are sitting without games.

Someone has to be at the back of the line, it's JJP's fault the line is this long.

#70 10 years ago

IMO, LEs should have been shipped before standards.

#71 10 years ago

At this point I'm not sure why anyone would even want their game right now with the light locking/board blowing up issues they are having. I realize people have been waiting a long time (longer than I have been), I've been waiting for about a year now. For as much as I want my game now, I'm glad it's not here. It give me time to decide whether or not a want to ditch my order so I don't end up with a $7000 game that doesn't work.

Yea, yea,....they are going to fix the problem. IMO they already should have figured that out by now. The fact they that can't seem to figure the problem out is unsettling to say the least, after all, it's their game they built.

I'm not going to argue back and forth with anyone. I will say this though. I've been watching very very closely, and while most of the issues are trivial, and can be chalked up as growing pains, this lighting issue is a real killer and has affected more games than JJP is willing to admit, and more than people here realize (or are willing to realize/admit).

Hopefully JJP gets their sh!t together. WOZ should be priority number one. Stabilize your first game, then move on. I'm not saying not to develope game #2, but game #1 needs to work before game #2 is even considered to be released into the wild.

#72 10 years ago
Quoted from DougPiranha:

Chad-
I have been on the phone with the distributer and jjp. We are essentially double f'ed. Distributor put us at the very end of his 45 and jjp put the distributors last le's at he end of jjp's run. I think distributor may of even put some standards ahead if the last le's.
Essentially we are screwed. I may get my hobbit before woz. Lol

Sounds like you answered all the questions

JJP is behind schedule & for some reason, be it personal or business, Jack put the Distro at the end of the line.

The Distro for some reason, be it personal or business, put you guys at the end of the line.

I doubt it's random, there must be a reason or strategy for you guys being manipulated to the end of the line... Twice. You guys probably have a short list of possibilities I'd imagine... I have my conspiracy theory but this isn't my thread

Hope everyone gets their game soon

#73 10 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

What was your order date? The date you paid has nothing to do with the delivery schedule which instead is supposedly determined by the order date.

I thought there was a JJP clause along the way about paying in full vs shipment.......

#74 10 years ago
Quoted from AbacusMan:

Still waiting for my BBH LE Red Neck edition... Any day now.

me too

#75 10 years ago

JJP distributors are not ALL refunding money. I know a couple that are great like the pinball company that will take care of you and refund money etc..,

There is one I know of in PA that will not refund money. SO BE CAREFUL WHO YOU BUY FROM

#76 10 years ago
Quoted from cal50:

Waiting years to obtain anything ordered is not ordinary.

You are correct but 20 years ago plus....Harley Davidson had a similar model. But after waiting two years for your bike it better run perfect or else you would have some unhappy bikers....But they may be a little different then pinheads to deal with....

#77 10 years ago

I don't see why this is even a debate.

The games should be shipped in the order that they were paid for. As simple as that.

I posted a pic of the Ruby 75th Edition yesterday, but what I didn't say was that it was #50 built. I can understand squeaking out a few for advertising/demo purposes, but 50 of them? While hundreds of the original LEs are still waiting to be built that were paid for years ago? That ain't right, IMO.

#78 10 years ago

It wasn't the 50th built. It was #50 of the RR numbers, which you can pick when you buy a machine. The number you pick has nothing to do with the order they were built. They could have made that machine #1500 if they wanted to. No correlation.

#79 10 years ago

Ding ding ding: That's exactly right. I am glad someone read what I wrote

I am sure quite a few standards went to the distributer before our cost cutter LE's

That's ok tho, ours will be built in the last 100 and hopefully be the best of all the Woz's

Quoted from PW79:

Sounds like you answered all the questions
JJP is behind schedule & for some reason, be it personal or business, Jack put the Distro at the end of the line.
The Distro for some reason, be it personal or business, put you guys at the end of the line.
I doubt it's random, there must be a reason or strategy for you guys being manipulated to the end of the line... Twice. You guys probably have a short list of possibilities I'd imagine... I have my conspiracy theory but this isn't my thread
Hope everyone gets their game soon

#80 10 years ago

Guys, from what I understand, there was a supply constraint on the nice cabinets. So right or wrong, the decision was to go with stickers for the standards.

Since there were cabinets ready to go w/stickers, they shipped out some standards. I don't see anything wrong with this. Yes they shipped stuff out of order, but they were doing that based on a supply constraint. Otherwise they could have had staff sitting on their hands.

#81 10 years ago
Quoted from iamabearsfan:

Guys, from what I understand, there was a supply constraint on the nice cabinets. So right or wrong, the decision was to go with stickers for the standards.
Since there were cabinets ready to go w/stickers, they shipped out some standards. I don't see anything wrong with this. Yes they shipped stuff out of order, but they were doing that based on a supply constraint. Otherwise they could have had staff sitting on their hands.

Sorry but this doesn't explain how I picked up two standards sitting in stock at a local distributor last year.

#82 10 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Sorry but this doesn't explain how I picked up two standards sitting in stock at a local distributor last year.

Anyone with their eyes open knows the answer to that one.

#83 10 years ago

Jack has said from day one that standard games would be built along side LEs to get the games out on location.

--
Rob Anthony
Pinball Classics
http://LockWhenLit.com
Quality Board Work - In Home Service
borygard at gmail dot com

#85 10 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Yup, to each their own. I like AMH (seems like it will be a fun game and will have some neat toys) but WOZ offers more toys and features. To be fair WOZ is the more expensive game so I would expect it to offer more.

WOZ

5 flippers, 5 magnets, monkey mech toy, castle mini playfield, Munchkin mini playfield with spinning house + legs that pop out, crystal ball toy, 2 VUK's, kickout, two mini outlane games, witch toy, LCD, stereo sound, metal apron with cleared wood apron (LE only), all metal rails, included topper, RGB LED lighting, headphone jack.

I like the effort of Ben and Charlie, a true labor of love, but it sounds like #3 isn't around the corner from Ben due to all the weekends lost putting the code together. Can't say that I blame him! Still, 2 very cool pins from those guys.

If it's comparable to Woz maybe they will sell a couple of thousand of those, especially for the price, and then we might see a number 3 and 4? I'd like to see them sell 10k units

#86 10 years ago
Quoted from Borygard:

Jack has said from day one that standard games would be built along side LEs to get the games out on location.

Having 10 in stock at a local distributor doesn't get them out on location. It did get one into my private gameroom and allowed me to sell off my LE preorder.

#87 10 years ago

Spam reported, please don't click on the link.

#88 10 years ago
Quoted from ledge:

definately. i could never pre pay and wait 3 years. with that kinda money tied up. but people will continue to do it.
theres got to be a better way.

oh no they won't

#89 10 years ago

My WOZLE changed hands twice before I bought it. It could change hands again soon as well. I just wonder if making people wait so long and pay so much money helps keep the interest and love of the game. The game can't be bad if you pay and wait 2 years to get it, right? Sorry but I am just not a big fan of the game at all. I will save my comments as honestly I am still trying to love the game. Trying is the key word. And technically my machine has been pretty much perfect. However one thing I know I don't like is the sales model JJP has come up with to build their game/company. Anyone successful in business has to take risks but instead to take advantage of people who love pinball so they can fund their company is not fair.

I was on the list early early and cancelled at the final call to pay my first deposit. Seemed and still seems ridiculous to me. I told them when I cancelled that if I was giving up money that far in advance I should get cost on the machine and some ownership share in the company. Need money to build a company? Go to a bank, go in debt, go ask your friends and family like everyone else. You have a dream but it should not end up being everyone else's nightmare.

#90 10 years ago

Honestly the clear coated cab seems overhyped to me. I didn't think it was a big deal when I finally saw it. Obviously it was promised and JJP needed to deliver, but IMHO they should have just done nice high rez decals from the start. Save all the headaches, not worth it.

#91 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Honestly the clear coated cab seems overhyped to me. I didn't think it was a big deal when I finally saw it. Obviously it was promised and JJP needed to deliver, but IMHO they should have just done nice high rez decals from the start. Save all the headaches, not worth it.

While I agree that they are overhyped...especially since you don't play the cabinet or even see it for that matter while playing, it is REALLY REALLY nice. It looks and feels awesome. It is better than high res decals without question.

#92 10 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

While I agree that they are overhyped...especially since you don't play the cabinet or even see it for that matter while playing, it is REALLY REALLY nice. It looks and feels awesome. It is better than high res decals without question.

Agree 100%. WOZECLE has the most beautiful cabinet ever created for a pinball machine. Like you said it is extremely nice and adds a lot to the machine. When paying $7.5k for a pin there should be enough things on and around the machine to justify that price and the clear coated cabinet with unique side art on both sides of the pin helps with that.

#93 10 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

My WOZLE changed hands twice before I bought it. It could change hands again soon as well. I just wonder if making people wait so long and pay so much money helps keep the interest and love of the game. The game can't be bad if you pay and wait 2 years to get it, right? Sorry but I am just not a big fan of the game at all. I will save my comments as honestly I am still trying to love the game. Trying is the key word. And technically my machine has been pretty much perfect. However one thing I know I don't like is the sales model JJP has come up with to build their game/company. Anyone successful in business has to take risks but instead to take advantage of people who love pinball so they can fund their company is not fair.
I was on the list early early and cancelled at the final call to pay my first deposit. Seemed and still seems ridiculous to me. I told them when I cancelled that if I was giving up money that far in advance I should get cost on the machine and some ownership share in the company. Need money to build a company? Go to a bank, go in debt, go ask your friends and family like everyone else. You have a dream but it should not end up being everyone else's nightmare.

Option #1: Have people pay upfront for an incredibly massive capital venture
Option #2: Finance the venture myself with my families money
Option #3: Take on debt from a bank and pay interest

I would have worked from the top down too If at any point people didn't like the model, they could bail. So to me the market proper approved of his model. At least enough to fund WoZ. Will it be sustainable? Probably not. I would guess in the long term he would shift his model to a more traditional approach.

Jack's plan to help get this off the ground was sound. People cut checks and he produced one of the finest pins ever built. Issues yes. But it is a new company and new product. TH will be smoother.

#94 10 years ago

My neighbor has been waiting 3 years now on his WOZ LE (paid mid-2011). They have been saying "next month" for a year now....Can't wait to play it one day.

#95 10 years ago
Quoted from PinFan4Life:

My neighbor has been waiting 3 years now on his WOZ LE (paid mid-2011). They have been saying "next month" for a year now....Can't wait to play it one day.

Maybe tomorrow

#96 10 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Agree 100%. WOZECLE has the most beautiful cabinet ever created for a pinball machine. Like you said it is extremely nice and adds a lot to the machine. When paying $7.5k for a pin there should be enough things on and around the machine to justify that price and the clear coated cabinet with unique side art on both sides of the pin helps with that.

Should have deleted the cc'd cabinet, and lowered the sales price, or, easy to look back now, put the money into better ee and qc on staff. Less complaints, better reviews, more recommendations, more sales, etc..........

#97 10 years ago
Quoted from ek77:

Yesterday at TPF Jack *said* he has about 200 WOZ ECLEs left to ship.

Jack *said*, 115 days ago, that ALL the LE's would ship in "90 days-ish".

#99 10 years ago
Quoted from JoeGrenuk:

Lets not exaggerate, it actually has been 98 days since the 90 days "ish" announcement.

"Jersey Jack
Jan 13
We would expect to see every remaining LE game out of here in 90 days "ish" as we are told to say.

We are waiting on LE cabinets as our supplier was caught with bad weather in December and the holidays mid-week and he is on vacation this week - get everything made in America allright....by the way China is closed too for a month so who knows with that."

#100 10 years ago
Quoted from JoeGrenuk:

So Jack is right on JJP schedule

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 91.00
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 5.00
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
$ 24.50
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

There are 323 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/has-anyone-else-not-received-their-woz-le-that-prepaid-years-ago/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.