Great places to play pinball in Chicago?

Started 1 year ago by Drano in forum All PinballAll Pinball.

Forum » All Pinball » Topic

Great places to play pinball in Chicago?

Topic summary

• Started 1 year ago by Drano
  • 6 Pinsiders participating in this thread.
  • Latest reply from Jamaster10

Tilts/ ignores / abuse

Sharing and favs

Games linked to topic

Help us build a pinball game knowledge base by linking topics to the games discussed in them!

1 year, 11 months ago
    #

I'm in Chicago for a couple of days. Stuck in boring conferences all day and I'd like to find some good on location pins later tonight. We're downtown in the home of pinball.
    Any good recommendations?

1 year, 11 months ago
    #

I'm originally from Chicago, and there was not many places to play pins, except for Game Works.

http://www.gameworks.com/

1 year, 11 months ago
    #

Hmmm. That's a bit of a hike from downtown.

1 year, 11 months ago
    #

If you are going to be out in the northern suburbs, you are more than welcome to stop by my place. I'm about a 35-40 minute drive from downtown without traffic. During rush hour, a lot longer.

1 year, 11 months ago
    #

Drano! Luckily, I am 1 of 3 people on this forum who actually live in the city. Im so happy to actually recommend places inside the city limits as most people just play out in the burbs.

There aren't many places with ALOT of pins. Most locations only have 1 or 2. But there are a couple places I really like that have a few games.

Logan Hardware: Its a record store on the north side. They have maybe 7 pins set up at a time in their big free play acrade in the back. All you have to do it buy something up front and you can play as long as you want.

Bottom Lounge: Music venue and bar on the near west side. They have 6 pins upstairs, all 90's era, and they have good beer too (if you are into that). This place is also a couple blocks from my office. We go here a bit.

1 year, 11 months ago
    #

Hey guys
    Thanks for the great tips and the generous offer to come play at your place Gweem.
    I'm traveling with colleagues and so I have to make a dinner appearance. I'm just looking for a nearby place to spend an hour and have a beer. I'll try one of those two spots for sure!
    Thanks again!

1 year, 11 months ago
    #

brixies or galloping ghost in brookfield

1 year, 11 months ago
    #
    DrStarkweather said:

Bottom Lounge: Music venue and bar on the near west side. They have 6 pins upstairs, all 90's era, and they have good beer too (if you are into that). This place is also a couple blocks from my office. We go here a bit.

Sweet, just called them up and they're open at 5:00. I'll be there for an hour or so. If you want to stop by after work and say hi, I'll be the guy with the beard and longish hair trying to crack the GC in TAF!

Thanks again for the recommendation.

1 year, 11 months ago
    #
    Drano said:

Thanks again for the recommendation.

No problem man, I would have loved to stop by but Im knees deep in a teardown of my LOTR! Hope you had a good time and enjoy the city.

1 year, 11 months ago
    #

as always Pincades is just 10 min off cline ave. and 80/94 in Indiana feel free to take a few min and swing by if im open, PHONE FIRST 219-924-PINS
    JT

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or sign in if you already have one.

© 2001-2014 Pinside.com All rights reserved. Jump to topRSS feedsHelpContactCookiesDesigned by Keeple