(Topic ID: 15635)

Great places to play pinball in Chicago?

By Drano

11 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Jamaster10
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 11 years ago

I'm in Chicago for a couple of days. Stuck in boring conferences all day and I'd like to find some good on location pins later tonight. We're downtown in the home of pinball.
    Any good recommendations?

#2 11 years ago

I'm originally from Chicago, and there was not many places to play pins, except for Game Works.

http://www.gameworks.com/

#3 11 years ago

Hmmm. That's a bit of a hike from downtown.

#4 11 years ago

If you are going to be out in the northern suburbs, you are more than welcome to stop by my place. I'm about a 35-40 minute drive from downtown without traffic. During rush hour, a lot longer.

#5 11 years ago

Drano! Luckily, I am 1 of 3 people on this forum who actually live in the city. Im so happy to actually recommend places inside the city limits as most people just play out in the burbs.

There aren't many places with ALOT of pins. Most locations only have 1 or 2. But there are a couple places I really like that have a few games.

Logan Hardware: Its a record store on the north side. They have maybe 7 pins set up at a time in their big free play acrade in the back. All you have to do it buy something up front and you can play as long as you want.

Bottom Lounge: Music venue and bar on the near west side. They have 6 pins upstairs, all 90's era, and they have good beer too (if you are into that). This place is also a couple blocks from my office. We go here a bit.

#6 11 years ago

Hey guys
    Thanks for the great tips and the generous offer to come play at your place Gweem.
    I'm traveling with colleagues and so I have to make a dinner appearance. I'm just looking for a nearby place to spend an hour and have a beer. I'll try one of those two spots for sure!
    Thanks again!

#7 11 years ago

brixies or galloping ghost in brookfield

#8 11 years ago
    Quoted from DrStarkweather:

Bottom Lounge: Music venue and bar on the near west side. They have 6 pins upstairs, all 90's era, and they have good beer too (if you are into that). This place is also a couple blocks from my office. We go here a bit.

Sweet, just called them up and they're open at 5:00. I'll be there for an hour or so. If you want to stop by after work and say hi, I'll be the guy with the beard and longish hair trying to crack the GC in TAF!

Thanks again for the recommendation.

#9 11 years ago
    Quoted from Drano:

Thanks again for the recommendation.

No problem man, I would have loved to stop by but Im knees deep in a teardown of my LOTR! Hope you had a good time and enjoy the city.

#10 11 years ago

as always Pincades is just 10 min off cline ave. and 80/94 in Indiana feel free to take a few min and swing by if im open, PHONE FIRST 219-924-PINS
    JT

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/great-places-to-play-pinball-in-chicago and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.