Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

235787-i.jpg
tFMkeZi.gif
#1 10 years ago

Made this catch last night...glad my phone was close. Do you think this is a good ad for them or a bad ad? One, its a neat catch, but 2, I dont know if you could ever make this with a regular set of rubbers. I could be wrong though. Thoughts?

#2 10 years ago

That's why I call them "cheater rubbers" amongst pinball friends.

#3 10 years ago

Hate putting them on . But really like the feel and look. With your silver bats the clear looks awesome. I will say the red Super bands need to be a darker red they do not look as neat as the other colors

#4 10 years ago

Whaaaaaaaaaaat?!!! That's rediculous. Just got some of these for my ES. Can't wait to get that sucker rebuilt.

#5 10 years ago

This is why I am torn...love the look and longevity of them but not sure since they change gameplay

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from RobKnapp:

Hate putting them on . But really like the feel and look. With your silver bats the clear looks awesome. I will say the red Super bands need to be a darker red they do not look as neat as the other colors

They made the molds the same size as the more flexible standard flipper rubber. If they could increase the size just a tad they would be easier to install and stay on just as well.

#7 10 years ago

I installed these (Green) on my Big Guns and I haven't had anything that insane happen with mine. I feel like the sticky kinda wears away after being played.

#8 10 years ago

I really don't understand the issue, they aren't very difficult to put on for me....slightly more than the standard rubbers

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

They made the molds the same size as the more flexible standard flipper rubber. If they could increase the size just a tad they would be easier to install and stay on just as well.

Agree 100%.

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from Captive_Ball:

I really don't understand the issue, they aren't very difficult to put on for me....slightly more than the standard rubbers

You are in the minority .

#11 10 years ago

I've had that happen to me with normal rubbers.

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from chocky909:

I've had that happen to me with normal rubbers.

Video or it didnt happen! LOL.

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

That's why I call them "cheater rubbers" amongst pinball friends.

They are without question easier to use and more "user friendly", I say it's time for a change in the norm for the pinball industry. There is 1% of us that are "professional" tournament players and most of us struggle to even be remotely good at the games regardless of what flipper rubber is used. I say it's time for a change, there is plenty of ways to makes games harder if need be that don't involve flipper rubbers, leveling, outlanes, rules, etc. These things last longer, don't dirty up the games nearly as much if at all, come in way more colors that look better on machines but don't affect the play on them like regular rubbers(black vs. yellow vs. red and the hardness)

JOIN ME, super bands are the FUTURE and will be on every pinball machine!!!! Ok maybe not but I for one prefer them and I need help making that end of flipper catch.

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from RobKnapp:

yeah I am not a weakling but it definitely took all my strength to get them on my bats. eventually resorted to using a flathead screwdriver to shoehorn them on. maybe different runs were different sizes?

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from Skrippy:

I installed these (Green) on my Big Guns and I haven't had anything that insane happen with mine. I feel like the sticky kinda wears away after being played.

I plan on doing my big guns too. I had a tournament over the weekend and had about 20 people on the machines from 6pm-2am. This was a game the next day. How much more wear do they need to lose the sticky?

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

They are without question easier to use and more "user friendly", I say it's time for a change in the norm for the pinball industry. There is 1% of us that are "professional" tournament players and most of us struggle to even be remotely good at the games regardless of what flipper rubber is used. I say it's time for a change, there is plenty of ways to makes games harder if need be that don't involve flipper rubbers, leveling, outlanes, rules, etc. These things last longer, don't dirty up the games nearly as much if at all, come in way more colors that look better on machines but don't affect the play on them like regular rubbers(black vs. yellow vs. red and the hardness)
JOIN ME, super bands are the FUTURE and will be on every pinball machine!!!! Ok maybe not but I for one prefer them and I need help making that end of flipper catch.

Oh hell man.. They're on every one of my machines now. I call them cheater rubbers... but I still use them. I can use all the help I can get!

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

They are without question easier to use and more "user friendly", I say it's time for a change in the norm for the pinball industry. There is 1% of us that are "professional" tournament players and most of us struggle to even be remotely good at the games regardless of what flipper rubber is used.

Maybe I'm making stuff up... but it seems that Elwin has expressed his distaste for Super Bands... and I've been curious as to why. Maybe I'm mistaken, however. The industry is small and needs sponsors, so keeping everyone friendly with each other (players/vendors) is more important than bringing this up.

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

I plan on doing my Big Guns too. I had a tournament over the weekend and had about 20 people on the machines from 6pm-2am. This was a game the next day. How much more wear do they need to lose the sticky?

I feel like... between my father, me and my friends probably 75-100 games....

But I feel like you probably had that many games played on T2 one night.

So I couldn't really tell, but I've not had that happen before. BUT the green super bands look great on Big Guns!

#19 10 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

Oh hell man.. They're on every one of my machines now. I call them cheater rubbers... but I still use them. I can use all the help I can get!

Oh I'm with you, I do feel they help me out a little here and there and you get used to them and I put them on all my games. I think someone mentioned it before as well, the more they are used, they feel like they get less and less grip, so I think they get broken in and don't offer as much an advantage

#20 10 years ago

Looking at that I'm going to go out and say that's not all the super bands doing. I see it on games all the time where inserts have an ever so slight lip of being raised/lower than the playfield and cause ball traps really high on the flipper. That ball looks to be sitting about on the edge of the hotdog insert.

-Jim

#21 10 years ago

I was all for them but after getting bit with them at tournaments with the bounce overs, etc I'm starting to think I like the standard ones.

#22 10 years ago
Quoted from RobKnapp:

Totaly disagree. Container of hot water, drop them in for 30 seconds, quick towel dry and they slide on like butter.

#23 10 years ago

I just stretched mine out a bit before I went to put them on...helped a bit.

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from Spencer:

Totaly disagree. Container of hot water, drop them in for 30 seconds, quick towel dry and they slide on like butter.

That's a brilliant idea. They are a bitch to put on, and that is a couple days late for me!

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from Spencer:

I wish I was smarter than I am. I busted my fingers and knuckles getting mine on.

#26 10 years ago

I wish they'd reformulate to make them bouncier like regular rubbers. Otherwise they're pretty great.

#27 10 years ago

I really like the look of superbands, and they look awesome on your T2. I know that I'm in the minority here, but I just do not like how they play. I took my set off and doubt I will use them again on my games.

#28 10 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

I wish they'd reformulate to make them bouncier like regular rubbers. Otherwise they're pretty great.

It's called Saturn Bands, hardness 1. What I run on all my machines, never had one snap. The hardness 2 is what seemed to have problems. 1 plays like red rubber, but with the extra grip and nice colors and cleaning.

#29 10 years ago
Quoted from Spencer:

I talked to MARCO at a pinball trade show. Was bitching about what a pain in the ass Super Bands were to get on. I asked the rep. have you tried to boil them in water? And would it f#@k them up. He told me they did boil them and it made no difference what so ever. I bought Them for my STLE done. Sore thumbs. XMEN LE done. Sore thumb tips. I still have SM and The Avengers LE . I will boil some water and see for my self. Hope you are correct.

#30 10 years ago

Well the rep is on crack then because I didnt even boil the water, a Tupperware container and 1:25 in the microwave. Let them sit for a minute, dried them quick and super easy. I tried to install them normally and had no luck, I did three sets after heating in seconds.

Hopefully you are as successful!

#31 10 years ago

Some of the pins at MGC with these on them. I didn't like the way they felt or how they looked. Won't knock anyone who enjoys them but not in my machines.

#32 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

It's called Saturn Bands, hardness 1. What I run on all my machines, never had one snap. The hardness 2 is what seemed to have problems. 1 plays like red rubber, but with the extra grip and nice colors and cleaning.

Good to know. That sounds tempting.

#33 10 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

Good to know. That sounds tempting.

They're priced like Super Bands, what? A couple bucks? Get a handful and see what you think. What's more important than your flippers? Why not figure out the best combo for you? That seems worth a few dollars to try, if they're what you wanted think how worth it that will feel. And if not, eh, nothing really lost.

Tell you one thing, they're one hell of a lot easier to put on, no finger strain or soaking required, go on like regular rubbers, nice and easy.

I just buy them straight from PPS:

http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Store_Code=PP&Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=SAT

#34 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

They're priced like Super Bands, what? A couple bucks?

I'm broke from buying alt Shadow translites!

#35 10 years ago

OK, some of you guys obviously need help putting on your rubbers. Here is a quick and informative video.

#36 10 years ago

I was expecting to see a banana in that you tube window...

#37 10 years ago

I was hoping to get a video of my wife slipping on the rubber but she declined.

#38 10 years ago
Quoted from creyes82:

OK, some of you guys obviously need help putting on your rubbers. Here is a quick and informative video.
» YouTube video

Perfectly done.

--
Rob Anthony
Pinball Classics
http://LockWhenLit.com
Quality Board Work - In Home Service
borygard at gmail dot com

#39 10 years ago

I don't find the Super Bands to be hard to install at all. They're 'harder' to install than traditional rubber, but traditional rubber is stupid easy.

I put them on cold with no pre-stretching. Just put it around the fat-end of the flipper bat, put both index fingers on the inside of the rubber and pull in the direction of the flipper angle and slightly downward until you've stretched it to the end of the flipper and over the tip. Then use the tips of our thumbs to push them down into place.

Takes about 10 seconds each.

#40 10 years ago

The ball doesn't roll back.
Is that supposed to be a good thing?

I get it, extra grip. Ok. Even so it's not for me.

#41 10 years ago
Quoted from creyes82:

» YouTube video

That is exactly how I install them....easy peasy

#42 10 years ago
Quoted from creyes82:

» YouTube video

Good job. Sad this was needed

#43 10 years ago

+1 Chitownpinball, stretch them first
Works for me

#44 10 years ago
Quoted from creyes82:

» YouTube video

That's how I do it...except in reverse. Seems easier to start from the tapered end.

Quoted from creyes82:

I was hoping to get a video of my wife slipping on the rubber but she declined.

Your wife wears a rubber?

#45 10 years ago
Quoted from Sc1f1:

Good job. Sad this was needed

Lets just be glad this didn't go the chewing gum route for a pinsider or two.

tFMkeZi.giftFMkeZi.gif

#46 10 years ago

I have not had good luck installing them on the old wider Bally flippers, as a matter of fact they shoot them selves right off the flipper. Any ideas?

#47 10 years ago

The 3/8" high Super-Bands work great on the classic Ballys and Gottliebs.

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/39-10802-23

1 month later
#48 9 years ago

Played a Freddy with williams bats and super bands....wow, what a difference.
235787-i.jpg235787-i.jpg

#49 9 years ago

Superbands are awesome in my opinion but they are definitely a bitch to put on, the good thing is you shouldn't need to replace for a while once you finally get them on, lol.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, OH
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 27.95
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 21.95
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 39.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/great-ad-for-super-bands and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.